+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Gbenga262001

Dec 12, 2017
@razerblade , Thanks for your word of encouragement. I hope and pray I get my AOR soon and possibly have my test done on or be or March 20, 2018 because I will be out of Canada for 2 weeks in March. Hopefully it would have be done before that date.
Finger cross.

Reactions: razerblade

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@rajmalhotra7
Same here as well. Thank you.
The application for my father citizenship was received on 29th nov. My mother passed away last year. I was so much looking forward to having citizenship for both. God’s will..

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rajmalhotra7
Same here as well. Thank you.
The application for my father citizenship was received on 29th nov. My mother passed away last year. I was so much looking forward to having citizenship for both. God’s will..
So sorry to hear about your mother. It is so hard to see parents leaving us. I remember when I applied for my parents sponsorship 10 years back, he did not want to live in Canada because he had visited Canada couple of times and didn't like here. I insisted on applying for immigration and told him that he can leave Canada after getting PR, if by then he still doesn't like being here. Time has passed and so his perception. Now, he loves Canada and I am looking forward to seeing his Citizenship coming through.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
It seems no one from October got AOR today. Two days ago an October 12 applicant got AOR. I hope October 13-20 also get it soon.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems no one from October got AOR today. Two days ago an October 12 applicant got AOR. I hope October 13-20 also get it soon.
It seems IRCC is getting slow on October applications and hitting November applications. Today, 8 November applicants got AORs. I strongly feel that IRCC opens up application packets and check for completeness pretty soon. Then, IRCC returns applications found incomplete, otherwise place applications in some Priority list/ bin. IRCC sends AORs as per priority list, for example, 1st priority applications get AORs faster than 2nd, 3rd, last priority application lists.

Otherwise, what could be a reason that Oct 13/16 applicants are waiting for AORs and applications delivered 3 weeks later have received AOR. Moreover, after reviewing Min/ Max days for AORs for previous few months, there was a huge gap between Min/ Max days for receiving AORs, so there is a trend for that and October is not an exception due to huge volume of applications.

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks
You need a councilor, not an advice from fhe forum members.

Stop panicking, relax, and enjoy the Canadian winter.

Every action that you described in your post was wrong, that's incredible.

Reactions: jsm0085
I

Imam Gomaa

You need a councilor, not an advice from fhe forum members.

Stop panicking, relax, and enjoy the Canadian winter.

Every action that you described in your post was wrong, that's incredible.
Would you please tell me in which way my way of contacting is incredible?
Thanks, for your help.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Dear All,
Any advice?
Thanks
What you have been told, is told to everyone who waits for AOR. My application was delivered before yours on 13 October but I am still waiting for AOR. I will wait for one or two weeks more then I will reapply. No one can give you advise. It is up to you whether you further wait or reapply, and IRCC sends AORs randomly there is no rule and nothing can be don.

I

Imam Gomaa

What you have been told, is told to everyone who waits for AOR. My application was delivered before yours on 13 October but I am still waiting for AOR. I will wait for one or two weeks more then I will reapply. No one can give you advise. It is up to you whether you further wait or reapply, and IRCC sends AORs randomly there is no rule and nothing can be don.
I pray for you and myself and everyone to get his AOR or IP soon.

Reactions: Najimi

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Summary (by Date Delivered) of October 2017 applicants as per Google spreadsheet:

Date Delivered- #AOR- #Delivered- %AOR--- #Awaiting AOR- #In-Process-%In-Process
2-Oct-17-------4-------4-----------100.0%-----0--------------4-------------100%
3-Oct-17-------2-------2-----------100.0%-----0--------------2-------------100%
4-Oct-17-------1-------1-----------100.0%-----0--------------1-------------100%
5-Oct-17-------2-------2-----------100.0%-----0--------------2-------------100%
6-Oct-17-------7-------7-----------100.0%-----0--------------5-------------71.4%
10-Oct-17------6-------6-----------100.0%-----0--------------4-------------66.7%
12-Oct-17------22-----22----------100.0%----0--------------10------------45.5%
13-Oct-17------76-----87----------87.4%-----11-------------47------------54.0%
16-Oct-17------229----248--------92.3%-----19-------------93------------37.5%
17-Oct-17------40-----48----------83.3%------8--------------16------------33.3%
18-Oct-17------45-----50----------90.0%------5--------------13------------26.0%
19-Oct-17------60-----81----------74.1%------21-------------16-----------19.8%
20-Oct-17------35-----54----------64.8%------19-------------7-------------13.0%
23-Oct-17------16-----30----------53.3%------14-------------3-------------10.0%
24-Oct-17------2-------5-----------40.0%-------3--------------0-------------0.0%
25-Oct-17------11-----17----------64.7%-------6--------------3-------------17.6%
26-Oct-17------17-----25----------68.0%-------8--------------0-------------0.0%
27-Oct-17------6-------11---------54.5%-------5---------------1-------------9.1%
30-Oct-17------9-------15---------60.0%-------6---------------0-------------0.0%
31-Oct-17------4-------8-----------50.0%-------4--------------0-------------0.0%

Total-----------594-----723--------82.2%------129-----------227----------31.4%

Weekly Summary of October 2017 applicants as per Google spreadsheet:

Week of (Mon-Sun)--- #AORs-- #In-Proccess-- #Test invitations
Oct 23 - Oct 29-------13--------0---------------0
Oct 30 - Nov 05-------61-------1---------------0
Nov 06 - Nov 12------74-------1---------------0
Nov 13 - Nov 19------108------21-------------0
Nov 20 - Nov 26------145------52-------------0
Nov 27 - Dec 03------97-------48--------------0
Dec 04 - Dec 10------69-------68--------------3
Dec 11 - Dec 17------27-------36--------------2
Total--------------------594------227------------5

Last edited:

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Hi razorblade.

2012 to 2017: bi weekly total 120 pay stubs ....Wiuld it be okay to attach so many ?

19 Nov I got AOR . I never checked ECAS so donno the date . Today I checked shows in process.

“Entry/exit record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residence Status other than Canada “. Pls comment? I’m from india. Oct 2012 to oct 2017 is my eligibility period. I just went to india once this tear, passport has 2 Indian stamps entry and exit in English .... to come to canada used PR card so no stamp by Cbsa.

Reg “confirmation of employment: letter describing each position held, date of hiring, and work schedule”. If I just say 40 hrs/week okay for work schedule or on HR letter I should have mon to fri 9 am to 5 pm and totals to 40 hrs/week ??

Next asked me to provide records of employment .ROE... all 5 years sane company , no change . Donno in explanation letter on this doc, what to write. Pls can you give some tips . I heard ROE will be given to ppl who resigned or laid off or any disability claims etc but none applicable to me so my HR won’t give any ROE. Thinking what to write in explanation letter

I was also asked FP... done today ... finger printing ...

Appreciate your suggestions

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
See answers highlighted in red

Hi razorblade.

2012 to 2017: bi weekly total 120 pay stubs ....Wiuld it be okay to attach so many ?

19 Nov I got AOR . I never checked ECAS so donno the date . Today I checked shows in process.

“Entry/exit record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residence Status other than Canada “. Pls comment? I’m from india. Oct 2012 to oct 2017 is my eligibility period. I just went to india once this tear, passport has 2 Indian stamps entry and exit in English .... to come to canada used PR card so no stamp by Cbsa.

Go through below link to know to request record of movements
Link: https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/records-of-movement/

Reg “confirmation of employment: letter describing each position held, date of hiring, and work schedule”. If I just say 40 hrs/week okay for work schedule or on HR letter I should have mon to fri 9 am to 5 pm and totals to 40 hrs/week ??
Date of appointment, position held, full-time/part-time, hrs/week, salary/hr or however you are being paid.

Next asked me to provide records of employment .ROE... all 5 years sane company , no change . Donno in explanation letter on this doc, what to write. Pls can you give some tips . I heard ROE will be given to ppl who resigned or laid off or any disability claims etc but none applicable to me so my HR won’t give any ROE. Thinking what to write in explanation letter
Ask them if they can. BOX 16 of ROE asks for reason of issuing ROE, they can mention there Immigrant purposes or lets say if they say NO then attach that email from HR and a explanation letter saying as I am still employed with same company, they won't issue me ROE.

I was also asked FP... done today ... finger printing ...

Appreciate your suggestions

Reactions: srionline117