+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oct 2013 applicant

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
I received it on 15th October and got it done on the 29th because all the doctors around my area were booked until November. Now waiting for the medical office to upload it for cic. Will my ECAs status change when it's revived by them? N RPRF comes after medical received right?
Did you receive any document request before MR? If so, when?

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
lhyyym said:
Did you receive any document request before MR? If so, when?
Yes I received a document asking for my husband's job duties to be given in more detail, this they asked in July. And then in September they asked for an updated police certificate from back home for my husband as he is the main applicant. Within two weeks they asked for the medical to be done. I don't know what's the next step.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
lhyyym said:
Friend, I just want to verify that getting MR means eligibility passes.
No, getting MR does not mean eligibility has passed! Getting RPRF on the other hand means that eligibility has passed. But even on the RPRF it mentions that security check is still going on.

So you'll never know till you actually land. This is of course if you like to give yourself extra headache. But rest assured that when you receive your MR, you're almost done and in a way it means that you were eligible, CEC criteria wise, except security & medicals, otherwise why would they ask for your medicals?.

Best of luck,

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
Yes I received a document asking for my husband's job duties to be given in more detail, this they asked in July. And then in September they asked for an updated police certificate from back home for my husband as he is the main applicant. Within two weeks they asked for the medical to be done. I don't know what's the next step.
Thank you! Your answer is pretty informative. Since you are October 2013 applicant and got your first document request in July. That might mean that the second VO will review our files in about 9 month after receiving.

Tutu

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2014
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
Hey Friends,

I just checked my mail box today. There were many mails and one of them was about "Ready For Visa" mail.

I am happy :D :D

Sent CIC reply to change my VO ASAP. Lets see how much time it will take now. By the way for now I am happy.

Just thought of sharing my news with you guys.

Tutu

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
lhyyym said:
Thank you! Your answer is pretty informative. Since you are October 2013 applicant and got your first document request in July. That might mean that the second VO will review our files in about 9 month after receiving.
I don't think it should take this long now since the medical is done too. What's your situation n timeline?

Also congratulations to the ones getting PPR mail :)

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Octanu said:
Which border are people from Toronto using for landing?
Just landed at Rainbow bridge at Niagara falls. Most convenient. Didn't have to drive. Took the Go train and bus and walked across the bridge. Choose a weekday if you can take the day off. I took just 20 mins on a Thursday afternoon.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
ski said:
Just landed at Rainbow bridge at Niagara falls. Most convenient. Didn't have to drive. Took the Go train and bus and walked across the bridge. Choose a weekday if you can take the day off. I took just 20 mins on a Thursday afternoon.
Congratulations to you and thank you :)

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Fellow Oct 2013 applicant that done their medical, paid RPRF and still waiting for PPR raise your hands up and fill the list below.

*Raise both hands*

1. XanderZ

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
I don't think it should take this long now since the medical is done too. What's your situation n timeline?

Also congratulations to the ones getting PPR mail :)
I am still waiting for my MR.

aram91

Nov 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am an october applicant that hasn't heard anything back from CIC after sending medicals back in May.

The application was received on October 25, and I have paid my RPRF on the day of my medicals assessment.

Now that I have waited almost half a year in vain, I would like to send CIC an email for some process check.

I just don't know what the best way to explain myself in this email is so that, instead of giving general answers that don't really mean much, they will actually give me some facts and maybe timeframe to hold on to.

Your advice and help are much appreciated.

(Oh, and by the way, how do you update your timeline? I've been trying to figure it out and still have no idea :( )

Thanks again!!

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aram91 said:
Hi everyone,

I am an october applicant that hasn't heard anything back from CIC after sending medicals back in May.

The application was received on October 25, and I have paid my RPRF on the day of my medicals assessment.

Now that I have waited almost half a year in vain, I would like to send CIC an email for some process check.

I just don't know what the best way to explain myself in this email is so that, instead of giving general answers that don't really mean much, they will actually give me some facts and maybe timeframe to hold on to.

Your advice and help are much appreciated.

(Oh, and by the way, how do you update your timeline? I've been trying to figure it out and still have no idea :( )

Thanks again!!
Order GCMS notes to see what has happened.