upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
26-06-2014. Sent mail for VO change on 28-June. Received new mail informing me to submit PP to Delhi VO: 11-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet. Planned for 2015
retwant said:
I just came back from a long vacation, and landed as a PR in YVR airport on June 29th at night. The process was actually quite straightforward, most of the 40 minutes waiting time are due to 10 people ahead of me and only 2 of them speak broken english. Meanwhile, some of these people are missing their documents and had different names between supporting documents and passport. Imagine the confusion going on there.

When it was my turn, the officer only took around 3 minutes to confirm my information, and then she asked me to sign the CoPR. She was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. It was a great landing experience!

My timelines can be found on my profile.
Congratulations retwant !

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
retwant said:
I just came back from a long vacation, and landed as a PR in YVR airport on June 29th at night. The process was actually quite straightforward, most of the 40 minutes waiting time are due to 10 people ahead of me and only 2 of them speak broken english. Meanwhile, some of these people are missing their documents and had different names between supporting documents and passport. Imagine the confusion going on there.

When it was my turn, the officer only took around 3 minutes to confirm my information, and then she asked me to sign the CoPR. She was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. It was a great landing experience!

My timelines can be found on my profile.
Congratz Retwant I also did my landing the dau before you did. Quite an experience this long jurney is finallt over

barghavkumar

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI,INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
19-NOV-2013
Med's Request
15-APR-2014
Med's Done....
04-APR-2014 (PRE-MEDICALS) - Notified to CIC on 25-April-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Can any one tell me the procedure to apply GMCS notes?

barghavkumar

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI,INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
19-NOV-2013
Med's Request
15-APR-2014
Med's Done....
04-APR-2014 (PRE-MEDICALS) - Notified to CIC on 25-April-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Any oct applicant still waiting for PPR?
I have been waiting for PPR since April 25th. I applied PR from INDIA.
Also, I sent two mails to CIC and still I haven't recieved any reply.. And it's almost a month...
This is such a worst process CIC has.....

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
barghavkumar said:
Also, I sent two mails to CIC and still I haven't recieved any reply.. And it's almost a month...
I am there with you, waiting since April 15th , 2014 :-X

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
barghavkumar said:
I am a september applicant and also waiting since April 21st.

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
barghavkumar said:
I'm waiting for PPR for almost 2 months now..

sumeetkarora

Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2014
LANDED..........
09-08-2014
I am waiting for PPR too. I was asked to send a fresh PCC for home country (since I paid a visit in April) again. I just got the PCC and will courier it sometime next week. Hopefully will get PPR after 2-3 weeks from then.

khorshed5101

Dec 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July2015
barghavkumar said:
Me too, still waiting for PPR.......

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
Jee786 said:
FYI, Oct 15th applicant, got copr more thanks a month ago. Was busy for a while. So landed today.
How long did it take to receive copr after medical received on ecas? Please let me know, thanks!

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

We received our passports with visa and the COPRs last July 2, 2014 and we decided today to go to the Carway, AB border to land.

So, my family and I left Red Deer, AB at 8AM and reached Carway Border at around 1PM. Our first checkpoint was the US side and just before the immigration border window, we waited for the officer's signal to proceed. The US officer asked where were we going and I replied, "flag-polling." He understood what it meant and took our passports, instructed us to park my car and go inside the building. Inside the building, no questions ask, they gave me a sheet of printed paper with our names and the denial of entry to the US. He instructed me to give the paper to the Canadian border officers. US officials had neutral facial expressions. Very serious, no smiles but at least they were not rude. Off we turned around and back to the Canadian customs building.

The line up at the Canadian customs/border window was not too busy. There was only 1 vehicle in front of us so it was really quick for us to get to the window. We saw the officer's signal and off we proceed the window. The officer asked where were we going and I replied that we wanted to land as immigrants. The officer became rude and asked what were our status in Canada and again I replied that we were on work permit/visa and my kids had student permits. He rudely said that what we were doing, "flagpolling" is not allowed and that we were supposed to land an an immigrant office (Service Canada) thru Edmonton or Calgary CIC Office. He asked me if I was aware of that. i replied that I was aware that I could land at Edmonton or Calgary Offices but I was also aware that I could do the landing thru Canadian Border crossings as it was stipulated in the letter that CIC has given. He gave me a yellow slip, asked me to park and go inside the building with my family.

Inside the building, the officer at the desk asked me how he can help us. I again informed him that we were there to land as immigrants and gave him the paper that was given to me at the US border. Again this guy said the same thing, that I could not land as an immigrant the the Carway border office and he "might" not be able to help us. I said I am aware of that as it was explained to me by the officer at the window. He said if their system permits and all datas are correct in the system, he might be able to help us and if not, he will send us back to Red Deer without any change of status and that we needed to make an appointment at an inland CIC office. I replied, I do understand and that it will be okay for us to just go back if he will not be able to help us. Please note that I did not argue or anything as I knew I was on their mercy to be a landed immigrant. lol..., all I replied to them was I did understand what they were trying to explain. He then instructed us to wait at the waiting room. While waiting, we were praying for a positive outcome.

After 15 minutes, my family was called and instructed to go back at the desk, he asked us to signed the COPRs and gave us our passports back. The officer this time was smiling, very courteous and explained that everything in their system is up to date and on par with the data in the COPR. "what a relief". He was explaining that if there were some discrepancies with our file in their system he will not be able to help us and that we were actually lucky that everything was alright. He then told us to tell our friends not to go to any of the border as most of the time, they will be sent back.

Since I saw the officer that he was already engaging with us positively, I informed and showed him the CIC letter which stipulates that we can land in a point of entry (by land Canadian border crossing or international airports) and if we are not able to go to the border, we can set an appointment to inland CIC office by calling the toll free number. He then explained that CIC and CSBA are two different agencies and that it was actually a loophole on the law that states landing at a border crossing is permitted. He said we can only assist travellers coming from the US. I then replied, we came from the US, but we were denied entry as we did not have a visa, then he replied, that was the loophole.

I am not sure if this was a good or bad experience, but then again, the most important thing there was, we went back to Canada as a Landed Immigrant.

Just before I went to the border, a friend of mine landed at Coutts and it was the same experience. hahahaha... Oh in addition, if ever you guys are going to Carway or Coutts, make sure you arrive there before noon. After 1:30PM, the border became busy.

cheers everyone and I hope this can help future applicants who will be landing at Carway or Coutts, AB..

Great PR journey to all, Godspeed.

Neo

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
neochan said:
Hi everyone,

We received our passports with visa and the COPRs last July 2, 2014 and we decided today to go to the Carway, AB border to land.

So, my family and I left Red Deer, AB at 8AM and it reached Carway Border at around 1PM. Our first checkpoint was the US side and just before the immigration border window, we waited for the officer's signal to proceed. The US officer asked where were we going and I replied, "flag-polling." He understood what it meant and took our passports, instructed us to park my car and go inside the building. Inside the building, no questions ask, they gave me a sheet of printed paper with our names and the denial of entry to the US. He instructed me to give the paper to the Canadian border officers. US officials had neutral facial expressions. Very serious, no smiles but at least they were not rude. Off we turned around and back to the Canadian customs building.

The line up at the Canadian customs/border window was not too busy. There was only 1 vehicle in front of us so it was really quick for us to get to the window. We saw the officer's signal and off we proceed the window. The officer asked where were we going and I replied that we wanted to land as immigrants. The officer became rude and asked what were our status in Canada and again I replied that we were on work permit/visa and my kids had student permits. He rudely said that what we were doing, "flagpolling" is not allowed and that we were supposed to land an an immigrant office (Service Canada) thru Edmonton or Calgary CIC Office. He asked me if I was aware of that. i replied that I was aware that I could land at Edmonton or Calgary Offices but I was also aware that I could do the landing thru Canadian Border crossings as it was stipulated in the letter that CIC has given. He gave me a yellow slip, asked me to park and go inside the building with my family.

Inside the building, the officer at the desk asked me how he can help us. I again informed him that we were there to land as immigrants and gave him the paper that was given to me at the US border. Again this guy said the same thing, that I could not land as an immigrant the the Carway border office and he "might" not be able to help us. I said I am aware of that as it was explained to me by the officer at the window. He said if their system permits and all datas are correct in the system, he might be able to help us and if not, he will send us back to Red Deer without any change of status and that we needed to make an appointment at an inland CIC office. I replied, I do understand and that it will be okay for us to just go back if he will not be able to help us. Please note that I did not argue or anything as I knew I was on their mercy to be a landed immigrant. lol..., all I replied to them was I did understand what they were trying to explain. He then instructed us to wait at the waiting room. While waiting, we were praying for a positive outcome.

After 15 minutes, my family was called and instructed to go back at the desk, he asked us to signed the COPRs and gave us our passports back. The officer this time was smiling, very courteous and explained that everything in their system is up to date and on par with the data in the COPR. "what a relief". He was explaining that if there were some discrepancies with our file in their system he will not be able to help us and that we were actually lucky that everything was alright. He then told us to tell our friends not to go to any of the border as most of the time, they will be sent back.

Since I saw the officer that he was already engaging with us positively, I informed and showed him the CIC letter which stipulates that we can land in a point of entry (by land Canadian border crossing or international airports) and if we are not able to go to the border, we can set an appointment to inland CIC office by calling the toll free number. He then explained that CIC and CSBA are two different agencies and that it was actually a loophole on the law that states landing at a border crossing is permitted. He said we can only assist travellers coming from the US. I then replied, we came from the US, but we were denied entry as we did not have a visa, then he replied, that was the loophole.

I am not sure if this was a good or bad experience, but then again, the most important thing there was, we went back to Canada as a Landed Immigrant.

Just before I went to the border, a friend of mine landed at Coutts and it was the same experience. hahahaha... Oh in addition, if ever you guys are going to Carway or Coutts, make sure you arrive there before noon. After 1:30PM, the border became busy.

cheers everyone and I hope this can help future applicants who will be landing at Carway or Coutts, AB..

Neo
Congratz on your landing Neo I went to Carway last Tuesday and I have the exact same experience the agent was very rude and he said right off the batt you're going to be waiting for at least 2 hours and I sat on the waiting room for 2 hours after the picked up my documents it took less than 3 minutes to finished it so I'm pisitive He made me wait the 2 hours on purpose and at the end He said to ke if you have any questions or concerns dont come back here or call here call CIC. Outrageously rude maybe we got the same agent but who knows such thing only the oracle Neo lol congratz again

Sandysid2013

Nov 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
25 June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
neochan said:
Hi everyone,

So, my family and I left Red Deer, AB at 8AM and reached Carway Border at around 1PM. Our first checkpoint was the US side and just before the immigration border window, we waited for the officer's signal to proceed. The US officer asked where were we going and I replied, "flag-polling." He understood what it meant and took our passports, instructed us to park my car and go inside the building. Inside the building, no questions ask, they gave me a sheet of printed paper with our names and the denial of entry to the US. He instructed me to give the paper to the Canadian border officers. US officials had neutral facial expressions. Very serious, no smiles but at least they were not rude. Off we turned around and back to the Canadian customs building.

Neo
Congrats mate.
Same thing happened with my friend last year who went for landing. I guess they act like that just to discourage people not to advice any of their friends to go to the border for landing.

navi

Nov 26, 2007
hi I am oct 31 applicant medical done in may 2014 ecas showing medical recived just want to knoe any one from oct still waiting for ppr and any idea why we are not getting ppr. thanks

anuragmaneesha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 1st 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 19th 2013
Med's Request
April 12th 2014
Med's Done....
May 12th 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 12th 2014
neochan said:
Hi everyone,

Neo
Hello,

How would have things been different if you had a US Visa OR would they have been any different at all??

Thanks