+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
You can apply for Canadian Passport immediately after you got your citizenship certificate.
if needed you can still travel to India on Indian PP before3 months of your Canadian citizenship oath date. However the limit is only 3 months before the Indian PP must be surrendered. So plan in such a way that you book an appointment with BLS if you already have the Oath date
>>
before3 months of your Canadian citizenship oath date

Is it before or after?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
>>
before3 months of your Canadian citizenship oath date

Is it before or after?
It’s basically used when you haven’t got Canadian passport after getting citizenship, so when you don’t have passport but have citizenship and want to return to India for some urgent unavoidable situation. You could enter India with Indian passport before acquiring Canadian passport post citizenship oath. But there is a catch you will have to get Canadian passport in India.
You can not enter Canada with Indian passport post oath as you are citizen and require passport to enter.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Hey Guys, Quick question about OCI application.
I am doing pick up/Drop off service.
Website says "A) For Ottawa & Toronto Jurisdiction: Fees payable under this section is for BLS Processing fee + Courier fee only "

But, when you book pick up service, have to pay courier fee online. Does that mean I have to get draft prepared for BLS for just the processing fee which is $7.40 and send them the receipt of online courier payment? along with another draft for Consulate of India.
Please advise

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. My Canadian passport is valid until 2025. I’d like to know if the OCI card has to be renewed on turning 50 or should I wait to renew the passport first and then renew the OCI in 2025? Thanks!

rushabh.patel208

Dec 8, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding OCI + Surrender Certificate:

How can I apply for Surrender Indian Citizenship and OCI together in one single application?
Is there any particular way to submit both application together?

Response will be much appreciated.

MBA-India

Mar 4, 2014
Hi folks, Quick question - I am applying for my Surrender certificate shortly. But I will likely be out of the country when it arrives. I am going to choose the Purolator/Courier return option - can my friend get it from Purolator? I know they typically need a signature. But does it have be me in person? Or can it be anyone?

Jun 9, 2022
Hi,
How long does the OCI Application is taking via Postal Application. I have send courier on 21 Apr 2022 and its still in underprocess status?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
My application date is May 24th(walk in). Status is processing at consulate general. Same for you? What is acknowledgement date?
hi, did you get your OCI yet?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi folks, Quick question - I am applying for my Surrender certificate shortly. But I will likely be out of the country when it arrives. I am going to choose the Purolator/Courier return option - can my friend get it from Purolator? I know they typically need a signature. But does it have be me in person? Or can it be anyone?
1-you have to fill out preference form purolator website instruct where can leave pkt building or house
2-all so any adult same address with id can receive pkt here is delivery man choice mostly he.she deliver

Last edited:

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding OCI + Surrender Certificate:

How can I apply for Surrender Indian Citizenship and OCI together in one single application?
Is there any particular way to submit both application together?

Response will be much appreciated.
surrender Indian passport or citizenship and OCI not allowed same time
you have to choice to apply entry/tourist visa

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi there am applying for oci for my 2 months old son. He just got his passport. I have question.. Is it okay to use same photo for oci that I used for passport? I mean the photographer took 2 photos of my son one for oci and one for passport with differentsize and specificsaccording to oci checklist.... is there a problem if photo in passport and oci looks same I mean same clothes same face expression?
just need photo specification as per oci good for use within 6 month

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Guys,
I am taking my oath soon & wanted to start the process of surrendering my passport & applying for OCI.

Appreciate if someone could guide me as BLS website only has link for OCI & not surrendering.