+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
I am going to Apply for OCI through Courier since BLS Centers are closed.
What are the originals we have to send.
I heard we have to send Original Landing Paper to be sent with the package through courier. Is it safe to send the Originals ?
Hi Bro.
No need to send original documents. photocopy's just fine.
thanks

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi there am applying for oci for my 2 months old son. He just got his passport. I have question.. Is it okay to use same photo for oci that I used for passport? I mean the photographer took 2 photos of my son one for oci and one for passport with differentsize and specificsaccording to oci checklist.... is there a problem if photo in passport and oci looks same I mean same clothes same face expression?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi there am applying for oci for my 2 months old son. He just got his passport. I have question.. Is it okay to use same photo for oci that I used for passport? I mean the photographer took 2 photos of my son one for oci and one for passport with differentsize and specificsaccording to oci checklist.... is there a problem if photo in passport and oci looks same I mean same clothes same face expression?
Yeah that's not an issue as long as it's been taken according to specifications.

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi I am got photos for oci for my son he's 2 months old.. in checklist it says shoulders should touch border but my son's shoulders are too tiny if I touch em to border his head will look really big.. anyone had same problem?

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
I read in the instructions regarding Marriage in India and it says Marriage Certificates issued by Wakf Board is not valid is there anyone here who face this problem, because on the same marriage Certificate I become PR in Canada.

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Please note that the Consulate does not recognize marriage certificates issued by Village Panchayats, Wakf Boards, Gurudwara and Churches in India unless these are attested/authenticated by the concerned District Administration and the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.

Is there anyone who can throw some light on this.

jenikafarell

Jun 9, 2014
Can somebody please explain the OCI process?

How do we upload photo and signature?

How do we apply for ondian passport surrender ?

Can we only apply online now ?

jenikafarell

Jun 9, 2014
Can somebody pls explain the OCI process from toronto

1. Can we only apply online now ?

2. How do we upload photo and signature?

3. Do we need to send notarized copies of documents or self attested only ?

4. Did anybody recently receive their OCI?

5. How long did the process take start to end ?

6. Can we go and pick up our OCI at BLS center ? Or we receive it by post only?

Many thanks in advance.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Can somebody pls explain the OCI process from toronto

1. Can we only apply online now ?

2. How do we upload photo and signature?

3. Do we need to send notarized copies of documents or self attested only ?

4. Did anybody recently receive their OCI?

5. How long did the process take start to end ?

6. Can we go and pick up our OCI at BLS center ? Or we receive it by post only?

Many thanks in advance.
I applied from Toronto last month. I have detailed my experience applying via post.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

daksha

May 4, 2014
anyone recently applied for oci/surrender through bls postal?
I did it .. passport surrender and oci .. the surrender process went smooth.. and I got it cancelled and then I applied for oci in March and it has been a pain .. I stuck a old label for the courier and even though purolator delivered it .. bls was not updating it in their website application status.. took me several phone calls and waiting to get someone on their online support and 3-4 escalation form to finally get a response from them ,that it got delivered and is in process .. took 20 days to get this information . It is really difficult to get someone to talk to from bls . I wish I had not used the postal for OCI ..

TheReader

Mar 29, 2012
Question on document authentication
————————————-
My wife and I were both born in India and now have Canadian citizenship. We got married in Canada and now have two kids who were also born in Canada.

I am now applying for an OCI for myself and the kids (wife already has OCI she did it long back when requirements were lot simpler).

The question I have is to apply do I need to get our marriage certificate and kids brith certificate ‘authenticated’ as documents were all issued in Canada.

BLS checklist has some instructions about first getting the documents authenticated at provincial office and the from Indian consulate. However, reading on forum everyone seems to self attest.

Can someone shed any light on this? I did some research on authentication process and it would add another 6 weeks if I need to do it as both offices are not accepting walk-in so will need to mail in.

appreciate any help..as I am sure mine is not a unique situation. Thanks in advance.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Hi once I get my Canadian citizenship certificate , Can I apply for Canada passport? but I can not travel to India with Indian passport ? or I can travel for 3 months ?? whats the process please guys help me thank you

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
Hi once I get my Canadian citizenship certificate , Can I apply for Canada passport? but I can not travel to India with Indian passport ? or I can travel for 3 months ?? whats the process please guys help me thank you
You can apply for Canadian Passport immediately after you got your citizenship certificate.
if needed you can still travel to India on Indian PP before3 months of your Canadian citizenship oath date. However the limit is only 3 months before the Indian PP must be surrendered. So plan in such a way that you book an appointment with BLS if you already have the Oath date