+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

rajcalgary2019

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
is it worth taking OCI for child who is 6months old ? because we have to renew passport every 5 years.. also is it true that fee for OCI is 425$ and every 5years we just need to renew OCI by paying 25$ renew fee until child is 20 years old?

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
is it worth taking OCI for child who is 6months old ? because we have to renew passport every 5 years.. also is it true that fee for OCI is 425$ and every 5years we just need to renew OCI by paying 25$ renew fee until child is 20 years old?
With the current pandemic situation , if you have time , its good to take OCI as they can block any time visa holders . Also when you get visa , you cant renew and its every time 330 plus dollars for fresh visa .

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I see people are applying OCI and surrender application together. I've an appointment tomorrow at BLS for surrender application.
Can i also apply OCI with it? but OCI needs renuniciation certificate.

In online OCI application, it asks to upload renunciated passport photo(with written "cancelled") in upload document section . Should I upload my normal passport?

Thanks for your answer.

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
1. For marital status in OCI checklist, they are asking for a written desclartion. I'm not married, so what needs to be done here?
2. In Indian Visa uploading section, they are asking to upload landing record(COPR), is it correct? how come it's Indian visa?
3. In document checklist, do we send original landing paper(COPR) or only copy of it?

Thanks.

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
I am reapplying my kids OCI as her passport changed after 5 years. North York center is open or closed ? I called their customer service 15 times since last week, no one picked the phone. Bad.

sethirohit1

Nov 20, 2016
I am going to Apply for OCI through Courier since BLS Centers are closed.
What are the originals we have to send.
I heard we have to send Original Landing Paper to be sent with the package through courier. Is it safe to send the Originals ?

PranavKat

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 - FSW-Outland
Doc's Request.
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-07-2016
Hi All,

Can we apply for OCI &Surrender certificate together?
Please advise.

Thank you

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I am going to Apply for OCI through Courier since BLS Centers are closed.
What are the originals we have to send.
I heard we have to send Original Landing Paper to be sent with the package through courier. Is it safe to send the Originals ?
Hi,
I applied for the passport surrender and OCI at BLS Brampton (walk-in) and the only original that they kept with them along with the application form was my Indian Passport for cancellation + Bank Draft + 2 Photos. Rest all were the photocopies.

Having said that, please refer to the documents listed on the BLS website under the checklist section for OCI and passport surrender respectively and follow the instructions there.

The Originals will be couriered back. This is a standard procedure they follow for pick/drop applications.

All the best!

shineravi

Feb 1, 2016
Hi,

I am going to apply for "Passport surrender and OCI" together through mail. It is mentioned that the original documents need to be submitted for OCI application. Has anybody submitted their original documents to BLS through Purolator? is it safe to do ?

Also, what is needed for the payment of "passport surrender application"? a demand draft or a certified cheque?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Hi there,
I am going in to apply for OCI only (already got surrender certificate) to Vancouver jurisdiction. I am little confused about the fees structure.
1. Do I have to make 2 separate drafts or can it be done all in 1 (421+4 +7.40 + how would I know my courier fees before hand).
If I can get the exact dollar amount for draft that would be appreciated.
I am trying to call them but its not getting through.
Any insight will be helpful.

Amount payable to CGI - VancouverAmount payable to BLS International Services Canda Inc.
CGI Fees CAD$CGI Consular Surcharge +
BLS Service charge
CAD$
Total: $421CGI Consular Sucharge: $ 4 + BLS Service charge: $7.40 + Courier fee

ghodubaba

Nov 20, 2019
Hey guys...I received my oci card...however me and spouse decided to get divorced...so how do I need to update my Oci with this new information. How does that work

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi guys.. I have applied for my son's OCI. 1st time when I applied I got an email saying send us new application with a missing document (No objection letter).

2nd application i have sent all required documents including a photocopy of Draft. I couldn't send them original because I have already sent them orginals in 1st application. Now whole 2nd application is revert because of missing Draft. Keep calling customer service at +1-416 307 2237. Couldn't connect. Help me what to do

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the group had to get a name change affidavit done for OCI.?

Basically when your Indian has both your name in the given name field and surname is blank. I already did legal name change and fixed/split in Canadian passport.
(Indian Passport First Name: ABC XYZ Last Name: )
(Canadian Passport First Name: ABC Last Name: XYZ )

I was told by BLS to get a name change affidavit. It would be really appreciated if anyone has a sample I might use.

FOUND this but it's confusing

What will be the values to be filled up ate the desired places in format below:-

Sample text:--

By this deed I, the undersigned………1……….(New Name) previously called ………2………. (Old name), doing……………………(give profession or vocation) and resident of …………………………(address) solemnly declare:-
1. That for and on behalf of myself and my wife and children and remitter issue wholly renounce/relinquish and abandon the use of my former name/surname of …………3…………….and in place thereof I do hereby assume from this date the name/surname …4…. and so that I and my wife, children and remitter issue may hereafter be called, known and distinguished not by my former name/surname, but assumed name/surname of ………5………………
2. That for the purpose of evidencing such my determination declare that I shall at all times hereafter in all records, deeds and writings and in all proceedings, dealings and transactions, private as well as upon all occasions whatsoever use and sign the name of …6….. as my name/surname in place and in substitution of my former name/surname.
3. That I expressly authorize and request all persons in general and relatives and friends in particular, at all times hereafter to designate and address me, my wife, my children, remitter issue by such assumed name/surname of …………7………..accordingly.
4. In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my former and adopted name/surname of ……8…….. and …9…… affix my signature and seal, if any, this ………………….. day of …………..

Signed sealed and delivered by the above name
Former name……10………

Thanks