+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI - Special Situation Request for Assistance Regarding OCI Card for Child

Anandh S

Mar 13, 2024
As Indian citizens currently residing in Canada, my wife and I recently welcomed a newborn into our family. In light of this, we are in the process of applying for an OCI card for our child once he obtain his Canadian passport. However, our circumstances have become complex due to the impending end of my work assignment in Canada, necessitating our return to India as a family.

Given that I will be departing Canada before the OCI card for our child is processed and received, I am concerned about the logistics of ensuring our child's legal status in India. Specifically, I am exploring options to facilitate our child's stay in India with me, despite initially entering the country on a e-visa( Tourist)

My query pertains to whether it is possible to have the OCI card sent via courier to India for our child, allowing them to remain in India legally while they are on a tourist visa. Alternatively, I am open to any suggestions or guidance on how best to navigate this situation to ensure our child can stay with us for an extended period in India.

Your assistance and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.