+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Questions

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
kitne question poochta hain bhai :p
either thing is fine, sign or first name or full name. The authorities understand that its minors signature this will change once they become older.
Arre bhai ques woh nahi Tha.. dhyaan se pado. :)

Question yeh tha abt kids sign ...

will it be only 2 pages of application form?
or will it be also same on the checklist page?
and on each photocopy also where parents signing as true copy? or not?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Arre bhai ques woh nahi Tha.. dhyaan se pado. :)

Question yeh tha abt kids sign ...

will it be only 2 pages of application form?
or will it be also same on the checklist page?
and on each photocopy also where parents signing as true copy? or not?
Seriously you are under a lot of stress ;)
application forms both pages they should sign/write name
for checklist print all the pages and sign/write name on page 1 under
"I have gone through the requirements and specifications mentioned in the checklist and Information booklet
with respect to the submission of my above application. I am aware that in case any discrepancy is found or any
of the documents/conditions are not found as per prescribed parameters, my application may be rejected and
fee will not be returned. I will not book/purchase ticket for travel to India unless visa has been received.

(Signature of the applicant)

Supporting documents your kids can sign/write name on these documents

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Seriously you are under a lot of stress ;)
application forms both pages they should sign/write name
for checklist print all the pages and sign/write name on page 1 under
"I have gone through the requirements and specifications mentioned in the checklist and Information booklet
with respect to the submission of my above application. I am aware that in case any discrepancy is found or any
of the documents/conditions are not found as per prescribed parameters, my application may be rejected and
fee will not be returned. I will not book/purchase ticket for travel to India unless visa has been received.

(Signature of the applicant)

Supporting documents your kids can sign/write name on these documents
If it would have not been bls then there was nothing to worry..
Dealing with Canadian offices have been smooth.. Even if any mistake, was easy to go back.

But due to inefficient process and system of bls, you tend to think too much .

So basically you are saying kid need to write name/sign even on all photocopies (supporting documents) where parents are putting sign already? Is this mandatory for kid as bls guy over phone told parents need to self attest them so confused abt supporting documents only..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If it would have not been bls then there was nothing to worry..
Dealing with Canadian offices have been smooth.. Even if any mistake, was easy to go back.

But due to inefficient process and system of bls, you tend to think too much .

So basically you are saying kid need to write name/sign even on all photocopies (supporting documents) where parents are putting sign already? Is this mandatory for kid as bls guy over phone told parents need to self attest them so confused abt supporting documents only..
we submitted in person at BLS we did not make the kid sign any documents at the counter BLS agent then asked my daughters to sign on the pages

Reactions: desmat

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I don't think you need to do any Nepal/Dubai trip. Just need to contact FRRO and change your status.
Seen a couple of similar posts, the only concern is if they ever ask me as to how did i get my OCI in India coz i dont know if it is fine to ask someone carry my OCI card to India

BL007

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm applying my OCI application by Postal. I've a few questions.

1. I've made a draft for my OCI application to "consulate general of india - Toronto". The checklist have comma instead of hyphen. Should I request a new draft?
2. My Parents passport have their surname mentioned, however my cancelled passport has only their given name, so should I use parents name in the application as per their passport or use as per my passport?
3. I'm a Data Engineer. What occupation should I choose? - Professional, Private Service or Others?
4. Do I need to send original surrender certificate or copy of it?
5. Do I need to send original cancelled passport along with my application?
6. Do I need to self-attest all the required documents?
7. There is a "National Identification Number" in the application. What should I fill there?

I would highly appreciate your response and any advise for postal application. Thank you!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm applying my OCI application by Postal. I've a few questions.

1. I've made a draft for my OCI application to "consulate general of india - Toronto". The checklist have comma instead of hyphen. Should I request a new draft?
2. My Parents passport have their surname mentioned, however my cancelled passport has only their given name, so should I use parents name in the application as per their passport or use as per my passport?
3. I'm a Data Engineer. What occupation should I choose? - Professional, Private Service or Others?
4. Do I need to send original surrender certificate or copy of it?
5. Do I need to send original cancelled passport along with my application?
6. Do I need to self-attest all the required documents?
7. There is a "National Identification Number" in the application. What should I fill there?

I would highly appreciate your response and any advise for postal application. Thank you!
  1. It should be fine
  2. As per their names mentioned on your passport
  3. Private Service
  4. Copy of SC
  5. Copy of cancelled IPP
  6. Haan bhai haan
  7. NA

Reactions: BL007

dalal.ganesh

Star Member
Apr 1, 2018
OCI query:
Place of Birth in Indian Passport: <City Name>, <State Name>
Place of Birth in Canadian Passport: <City Name> IND

Do we need notorized affidavit since the place of birth is mentioned differently?
Many may have faced this, as there is no space to mention <State Name> when applying for Canadian passport.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
Hello,
I applied in person for new OCI for myself at the Mississauga office. The application date was Feb 8, 2024 however to this date I am unable to see my file uploaded on the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury. I also applied for my wife and child in Jan and was able to see their information which is still under process on the oci tracking website in less than 20 days. Can you kindly assist what should I do as it has been over 22 days.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I applied in person for new OCI for myself at the Mississauga office. The application date was Feb 8, 2024 however to this date I am unable to see my file uploaded on the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury. I also applied for my wife and child in Jan and was able to see their information which is still under process on the oci tracking website in less than 20 days. Can you kindly assist what should I do as it has been over 22 days.
What date it shows on BLS? 20-25 days is the normal timeframe.