2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hello All ,
I am in the process of applying OCI and have couple of below questions , if anyone can chime in
1. Marriage Registration Date - Is this the date of marriage or the date the marriage is registered
2. OCI application Part B - one of the question asks if any of the family member has OCI . In my situation yes my kid and spouse has the OCI
when i clicked Yes , its asking the Reference # , Date applied , Place Applied .
For the Reference # - what is this number , the OCI # or the application reference #
Date applied - is it the date the OCI is applied ? or OCI issued
Place applied - should we mention the BLS office place or the mission(Toronto)

Thanks for looking into this and appreciate your assistance

hellosheri

Oct 18, 2023
Could anyone share their experience with the Spousal Interview in Toronto? I am applying for OCI on spousal basis and was told by the BLS Toronto Office to go to an open house at the consultate between 3:30-4:30 on a weekday, but want to verify the requirements before travelling there. Do I need an appointment/to pre-register? Does my husband need to be present for the interview as well?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Could anyone share their experience with the Spousal Interview in Toronto? I am applying for OCI on spousal basis and was told by the BLS Toronto Office to go to an open house at the consultate between 3:30-4:30 on a weekday, but want to verify the requirements before travelling there. Do I need an appointment/to pre-register? Does my husband need to be present for the interview as well?
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/open-house/
Since you are applying on the basis of your spouse, your spouse should be there imho

please read about the Spousal Interview here: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello All ,
I am in the process of applying OCI and have couple of below questions , if anyone can chime in
1. Marriage Registration Date - Is this the date of marriage or the date the marriage is registered
2. OCI application Part B - one of the question asks if any of the family member has OCI . In my situation yes my kid and spouse has the OCI
when i clicked Yes , its asking the Reference # , Date applied , Place Applied .
For the Reference # - what is this number , the OCI # or the application reference #
Date applied - is it the date the OCI is applied ? or OCI issued
Place applied - should we mention the BLS office place or the mission(Toronto)

Thanks for looking into this and appreciate your assistance
-Marriage date is fine
-Provide the File# (CANxxxxxxxxx) https://www.immihelp.com/forum/india-passport-visa-oci/754152-what-is-this-reference-number-oci-application-for-minor
Date applied,
Place applied - Toronto(Mission/Jurisdiction)

yojoyoyo

May 31, 2016
Hi,
For the OCI application of a married female, does one need to submit a 'name change affidavit' if
  1. Indian and Canadian passports have identical given and last names
  2. 'Marriage certificate' has a different middle name and maiden name?

For example, before marriage the name was- 'Priyanka Sunil Sharma' and after the marriage it is 'Priyanka Aditya Shukla'. The Canadian and Indian passports contain the name 'Priyanka Aditya Shukla' but the marriage certificate has 'Priyanka Sunil Sharma' as the name.

(I believe the applicant needs to provide her previous name in the respective section in the OCI form.)
Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Should I put the postal code in the area code like Lxx 5xT or is it 416,647,905 type?

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Sorry for the confusion. Ignore it! Hahah!

Hey did you pay for the verification fees at the counter.?They charged me $17.70.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry for the confusion. Ignore it! Hahah!

Hey did you pay for the verification fees at the counter.?They charged me $17.70.
There is processing fees of BLS. Nothing like verification fees. Maybe something new they started to loot.

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
There is processing fees of BLS. Nothing like verification fees. Maybe something new they started to loot.
how much did you pay? I paid $25.10. No errors or anything nothing special they did. I was under the impression of $345 +$ 7.40

but i paid 345 + 25.10