+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Process

kutta

Dec 31, 2011
Hi All
Date of ack in consulate - Dec 9, 2021
Still showing under process.
When can i expect my OCI ?
Anyone around this time, pls share your dates and if you received it.

Last edited:

pallyp

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

Im about to upload pdf documents for my OCI application and i see 2 different pieces of information. On the OCI services page under prerequisites (just before proceeding to apply) the instruction says "Kindly be ready with supporting documents in PDF format (Max size 1000kb)."

And on the other hand this link https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-documents-to-be-uploaded/ says: "Max file size allowed for a document file is 500kb".

If i try to compress it to under 500kb its all blurry.

Has anyone uploaded pdf documents over 500kb and managed to get their OCI?

Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

Im about to upload pdf documents for my OCI application and i see 2 different pieces of information. On the OCI services page under prerequisites (just before proceeding to apply) the instruction says "Kindly be ready with supporting documents in PDF format (Max size 1000kb)."

And on the other hand this link https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-documents-to-be-uploaded/ says: "Max file size allowed for a document file is 500kb".

Thank you
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-787#post-10322060

Better post this question in above thread.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thank you
OCI website for uploading document says: Kindly be ready with supporting document in PDF format (Max size 1000kb).
Work with that

Reactions: pallyp

jleuva5

Jan 20, 2023
Hello,

I have applied for my daughter’s OCI through postal application. It has been processed and sitting in BLS Surrey with status of “passport ready for dispatch after stamping”. Status was update on 13th Jan. I haven’t received any updates after that. We are travelling to india on 2nd feb.
I have tried calling them but never got hold of some one regarding this issue. I would appreciate any suggestions in this regards.

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

I have applied for my daughter’s OCI through postal application. It has been processed and sitting in BLS Surrey with status of “passport ready for dispatch after stamping”. Status was update on 13th Jan. I haven’t received any updates after that. We are travelling to india on 2nd feb.
I have tried calling them but never got hold of some one regarding this issue. I would appreciate any suggestions in this regards.

Thanks
Check on purolator website by putting the application# as a reference. Application usually begins CANxxxxx

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I'm submitting OCI for family through postal process and really confused if we need to send any originals. BLS call center says we dont have to but the checklist asks for originals & copy.

Can anyone who recently submitted via postal in TORONTO help please ?

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys
My son is Canadian born in Quebec.
Do I need to translate the birth certificate in English for Oci application?
Thank you

ssnvenkatadit

Mar 30, 2022
Hello,
I'm submitting OCI for family through postal process and really confused if we need to send any originals. BLS call center says we dont have to but the checklist asks for originals & copy.

Can anyone who recently submitted via postal in TORONTO help please ?
I recently submitted my OCI application in person and they did not even look at any of the original documents, so no need to send original documents.