+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aaroniclee

Dec 6, 2014
I couldn't get in touch with anyone from the embassy. But I received my visa yesterday.
Do you know what time your passport was dispatched (when did you get a Purlolator tracking code)? Mine says Ready for Dispatch this morning but I haven't gotten a tracking number yet.

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
If you are in the East coast, you will need to send original Certificate by mail. If you can get an in-person BLS appointment, they will verify the original and return it right away.
I am Pickering area, I will be using toronto office, I am planning to mail the application.

Reactions: vvarma

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its been a week and the status for surrender certificate shows - Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 28-02-2022. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI :rolleyes:

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Its been a week and the status for surrender certificate shows - Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 28-02-2022. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI :rolleyes:
Where did you check the status? In Gov of India website where u submitted the online filled form ? or BLS website?
I am assuming you sent postal application.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where did you check the status? In Gov of India website where u submitted the online filled form ? or BLS website?
I am assuming you sent postal application.
Yes Postal application. In both places, the above status shows up in BLS and on CGI site it shows application form has been printed or something.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
RN
Yes Postal application. In both places, the above status shows up in BLS and on CGI site it shows application form has been printed or something.
Passport seva website should show ur submitted application with ARN No. - 22-200****
If your file is processing then it should show another File No- CATSC*********

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RN

Passport seva website should show ur submitted application with ARN No. - 22-200****
If your file is processing then it should show another File No- CATSC*********
Not yet, maybe they have not received it from BLS yet. No other info available right now.

Reactions: dineshrehab

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
It is an extortion business really.
[/QUOTE]

Yup exactly! How to best squeeze out as much money as possible from other fellow Indians :( and we tend to cave in to just be done with the frustrating long process.. they should in fairness be held accountable for such shoddy practices.

mylone

Jul 12, 2012
just want to understand process.what happens with postal application once its delivered at BLS. its been over a week still says on BLS tracking as no records found.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just want to understand process.what happens with postal application once its delivered at BLS. its been over a week still says on BLS tracking as no records found.
Im in the same boat except it is sitting in received

Reactions: mylone

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
  • Surrender Certificate (Walk-In: Brampton):
    • Charge 1: Courier - Gave me an excuse of Covid, pick-up for emergency visa only and I ended up paying courier charges (I guess they have similar transcript like call centers lol).
    • Charge 2: Without even asking me, charged me for Passport Cover and handed it over to me when I was leaving.
    • Charge 3: Photo not as per specification (though I had expected that)

• Tourist Visa(Walk-In: Brampton):
    • Charge 1: Courier - Agent lied that passport is dispatched from Consulate directly and not from BLS so better opt for courier to avoid delays (NEW & WRONG REASON)
    • Avoided Charge 2 (Interesting - MUST READ): I had extra photos they clicked during my Surrender Certificate Application. This time, looking at the photo, agent told me that my shirt's color is light (It was Dark Blue and was clicked by BLS 3 days back!) and asked me to get the new photo even with wearing winter parka coz it was black! I think they didn't know that they had clicked my photos couple of days back for Surrender Certificate and were just trying to charge for photos. Heights!

• Future OCI application (Walk-In: Brampton): Hope to avoid this stupid "Helicopter Delivery" courier charge by BLS (I wouldn't even say Purolator) and other unknown surprise charges and their new tactics :D

It's not only about money but also about being truthful. That too with people from the same country of origin (It should not matter, though.)!
crazy. A lady gave my wife three passport covers for free at BLS Toronto. Dunno what's up with these guys.

• Haha

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
crazy. A lady gave my wife three passport covers for free at BLS Toronto. Dunno what's up with these guys.
Ha ha, you are one of the extremely lucky ones to get something for free from them :)

On a serious note, what I have observed at least at Calgary BLS office is that the BLS people were pushed by their employer and may be Indian consulates too. They generally want to help you and are considerate. If you don't make them defensive (i.e. talk about the inconsistencies in rules) and assuage their egos, they will go out of the way to help you out. My wife submitted all three applications (surrender+OCI+entry visa) on the same day and was out within 20 mins. She went just a little before their closing time and didn't even have the pics. Good luck to all!

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

My OCI status on MEA shows that : Processed, Dispatched from MEA and received at Toronto - all in same date today... when can I expect to receive the OCI now? Any ideas? Thanks!

Reactions: gantisunil86