+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Seems the BLS website is updated with new look and feel. :)
Yes and once again they have added a new checklist which now states that you need to send originals for the Toronto jurisdiction. They really are just going back and forth with different versions of the checklist...

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Submitted OCI for myself and wife today at BLS Brampton, it was pretty straight forward, if you have correctly uploaded documents and OCI application reflects it and then print the form, the BLS agent don't make much fuss. But i noticed a person before me , he said he uploaded the document but the oci Application itself was printed even before uploading. He was asked to upload documents and then print the application again and come back... So a point to note.
I used the old BLS check list

Reactions: canvisa13

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All,

Just to apprise everyone. I (actually my wife) submitted visa+surrender+OCI application at BLS Calgary on Feb 1.

Passport was sent back by Vancouver on Feb 3. BLS Calgary received it on Feb 4 itself and we received it today (Feb 7). Had passport+Visa in it :) Since they took only 1 day to process it, we were scared that they may have rejected the visa on some weird ground. But seems they can process it pretty quick.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Looks like e-visa facility will be resumed soon for Canadian citizens...

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/canada-removes-india-specific-covid-19-testing-rules-for-travellers-101643347022405.html

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/feds-remove-special-travel-requirements-for-travellers-coming-from-india-morocco-1.5759031

The e-visa facility was stopped as a retaliatory move but since Canada has removed super inconvenient restrictions for passengers from India, I think e-visa will resume soon and many will be able to skip entry visa process for urgent travel.

This is a great news also because it will make travel from India to Canada affordable again.
We were also waiting for it but there is no guarantee it will be reinstated soon. So we just applied for paper visa and got the passport+visa on 6th calendar day after applying. Yeah, cost us $160 (more than the surrender) but at least it's done for now.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Thank you for replying , so i can visit india after getting visa , no need to wait for surrendering certificate if it takes long time to come.
That's absolutely correct. You can apply for surrender and visa together if you like. You can apply for visa with surrender application receipt if you have already applied for surrender.

Reactions: Harpreet multani

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi, I know it's really tough working with BLS, especially when you have to communicate when you have to communicate with them at a call center based in India.

I had applied for a Indian Paper Tourist Visa for my family members, by post in Ottawa. The same was received and acknowledged by BLS on 1 Feb. Apparently they lost our Demand Draft and I had to send a new draft by mail, which was delivered on a Friday, Feb4, 2022. Does anyone know what the approximate timeline is at this time when it comes to getting a tourist Visa to India ?

BLS agents doesn't have a proper answer to my question, they always say its upto 30 days, but would like to know if somebody has recently applied for a tourist Visa and what their timelines were.

Thanks,

I applied for Indian Tourist Visa on 25th January at BLS-Brampton (Walk-In) and passport is on vehicle for delivery at my place today i.e. 8-Feb-2022.

Hopefully I would receive my passport with Tourist Visa. :) If so, my tourist visa timeline with walk-in application (BLS - Brampton) would be around 2 weeks.

On a side note, on an official government portal for Indian Visa, status is 'Under Process'. BLS tracker updated to 'Dispatched via Courier' on 7-Feb-2022.

Last edited:

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Submitted OCI for myself and wife today at BLS Brampton, it was pretty straight forward, if you have correctly uploaded documents and OCI application reflects it and then print the form, the BLS agent don't make much fuss. But i noticed a person before me , he said he uploaded the document but the oci Application itself was printed even before uploading. He was asked to upload documents and then print the application again and come back... So a point to note.
I used the old BLS check list
Did they take any original documents at Brampton. I heard Toronto BLS takes one original document.

do_good_be_good

Feb 2, 2022
Anyone submitted OCI application in Jan'22 1st week and have received their OCI card, please share some inputs/information.
I submitted my OCI application on 7th Jan'22 (walk-in at BLS Toronto) , received original back on 25th Jan'22 , since then its under process.
Any idea how long does it take ? Website says 6 to 8 weeks.

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
I applied for Indian Tourist Visa on 25th January at BLS-Brampton (Walk-In) and passport is on vehicle for delivery at my place today i.e. 8-Feb-2022.

Hopefully I would receive my passport with Tourist Visa. :) If so, my tourist visa timeline with walk-in application (BLS - Brampton) would be around 2 weeks.

On a side note, on an official government portal for Indian Visa, status is 'Under Process'. BLS tracker updated to 'Dispatched via Courier' on 7-Feb-2022.
Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Good Luck.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Anyone submitted OCI application in Jan'22 1st week and have received their OCI card, please share some inputs/information.
I submitted my OCI application on 7th Jan'22 (walk-in at BLS Toronto) , received original back on 25th Jan'22 , since then its under process.
Any idea how long does it take ? Website says 6 to 8 weeks.
Thats correct it takes 6-8weeks.
I applied dec 31st. Feb5th OCI reached to Toronto. No updates after. I am checking on purolator for now with reference number. Hopefully I might get it by Friday. Have to wait and see.

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Thats correct it takes 6-8weeks.
I applied dec 31st. Feb5th OCI reached to Toronto. No updates after. I am checking on purolator for now with reference number. Hopefully I might get it by Friday. Have to wait and see.
Mine reached toronto on 5th feb.

Just now they have added comment about purelator tracking , But still tracking not enabled.
Mostly will get by tomorrow.

Reactions: Ryn_20

Vivadhi

Feb 5, 2022
Hi Vivadhi!

Just wondering if you had to provide your original Marriage certificate with your OCI application? Copy of wife's landing papers, if this scenario applies to you? Also, what checklist did you use? I have two of them (link below) and one doesn't ask for anything relating to spouse, but the other does a lot.
Would appreciate any help!

See here: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-OCI-Checklist-Rev-8.0.pdf

https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_OCI.pdf
No to the questions and the second one for the checklist.

Reactions: immigrate2017