+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Gta905

Jan 30, 2022
OCI and surrender cert applications are no longer accepted together. The checklist for OCI was updated in late Nov 2021 to include Surrender Cert. Hence, you need to wait for the Surrender Cert before you can apply for OCI.
Thanks!

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
If you don't mind can you share when u applied for surrender certificate and when you received it. Mine i applied Dec 31st and still waiting, it's 10 days in surrender certificate printed stated, BLS tracking always says processing at consulate, i logged a couple of tickets with BLS they just close it stating the same as still being processed at consulate.
Applied on December 9th and got it on 27th Jan

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi all. First of all, pardon me for posting a slightly out of context question here but i don't know the best threads to post it.

Ques: Do traffic violations affect citizenship application?

In last 6 months I was once caught driving without license and was fined(i forgot my wallet and the license at home that day) and a few weeks back I got a ticket in my mail for over speeding. The ticket was addressed on my name but I understand that it wont be linked to my DL. It's my first speeding ticket in 4 yrs in Canada. I have challenged both for a trial and they are in pending status.

Any idea if these 2 things can affect my application? The motive here is not to decide my driving habits based on answers, but to be aware of potential of speeding tickets etc. Thanks in advance.

T1@2

Jan 19, 2022
My OCI has been received in toronto from delhi, where can I check if it is ready for pick up?? Bls website is still showing processing at consulate general

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. First of all, pardon me for posting a slightly out of context question here but i don't know the best threads to post it.

In last 6 months I was once caught driving without license and was fined(i forgot my wallet and the license at home that day) and a few weeks back I got a ticket in my mail for over speeding. The ticket was addressed on my name but I understand that it wont be linked to my DL. It's my first speeding ticket in 4 yrs in Canada. I have challenged both for a trial and they are in pending status.

Any idea if these 2 things can affect my application? The motive here is not to decide my driving habits based on answers, but to be aware of potential of speeding tickets etc. Thanks in advance.
People get traffic tickets all the time, doesn't make them in-eligible for citizenship. Unless it's a police case, it doesn't affect your citizenship application.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016

No

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi all! Is it necessary to have a new foreign passport in order to surrender Indian passport to renounce Indian citizenship? I'm trying to fill the form online, and it asks me for foreign passport number! Also, the application form to be filled out asks for this passport detail.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Yeah do not submit any originals. You need to submit your original indian passport because they are going to put a cancel stamp on it. But do not send them original Canadian passport and original citizenship certificate if you’re sending a postal application to be precise
This is the checklist I got from the BLS website. In it, is mentions that you have to send a self attested copy of the India Passport for your OCI form.
https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_OCI.pdf

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Guys,

I have received my OCI, but the part where they have those <<<<<<<< arrows like that has two characters of my OCI number aren’t printed properly. The bottom half of them is not printed. Do you think it’s gonna be a problem? Should I ask for a reprint?

After all the hassle and hefty fees, this is the quality we get. ‍

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
HI Guys,

Just filed an OCI application in BLS Brampton.

Is there a police verification happens in India, just like passport police verification use to happen in the past, where police guys from the nearest police station comes to the home? Do the police go the Indian address filled on? Or do they call the Indian reference?

Because no body lives in my Indian address.

People who got the OCI, request you to please answer the above question.