Our oci timeline as below;

Applied through postal at BLS Brampton
29th Oct: Purolater pick up
01 Nov: Received at BLS as per purolater tracking
04 Nov: Received application on BLS as per website
Nov 15: Status changes from under process to Processing at consulate
Dec 2: acknowledge on OCI website
Dec23: processed and received at Toronto as per oci website
Dec 24: BLS says counter delivery after stamping.

M planning to travel on 24th Jan. Would it b possible to receive OCI by then given holidays??

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Hello all, need expert advice.
Our oci timeline as below;

Applied through postal at BLS Brampton
29th Oct: Purolater pick up
01 Nov: Received at BLS as per purolater tracking
04 Nov: Received application on BLS as per website
Nov 15: Status changes from under process to Processing at consulate
Dec 2: acknowledge on OCI website
Dec23: processed and received at Toronto as per oci website
Dec 24: BLS says counter delivery after stamping.

M planning to travel on 24th Jan. Would it b possible to receive OCI by then given holidays??
Bls has updated tracking details for us. So please check bls website

Reactions: Yen@5

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
can i surrender my indian passort with only Canadian citizenship certificate and not candian passport? if so, whats the process for it?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I applied for my OCI last Friday at Brampton BLS. They only accept appointments and strictly no walk-ins...they open up slots everyday between 8.20 to 9 am for the same day appointment so don't go there as walk in. I waited since 5.30 am and they asked me to follow the same I've mentioned here and it's actually a good thing for us. They stopped taking surrender and OCI together. I had to go twice, once for surrender on Nov 26 and for OCI on December 17. Hope it helps!
Do you mean each day they will open up some walkin appointments and we need to book around that 8.20am for same day? or do we need to book before? For OCI I dont see any slots till March 2022,One the spot booking might help me.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I just tracked my surrender application and it says 'In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General'. At what point do I get an AOR? I want to apply for a visa and they said I'll need my surrender receipt.
I see the same update,hope its good sign, fingerscrossed hope I will get it soon.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Can we chose slot for Visa or passport instead of OCI and still can apply OCI at BLS, anyone had any bad experience with that? I know its not good idea but I cant wait till April for OCI application

Alienali

Sep 8, 2020
Hi guys ... I have a question. I received my Canadian passport today . I am starting my oci process .

I have a problem ... The given name mentioned in my Canadian passport is exactly same as surname . Will that create a problem when applying for oci?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hi guys ... I have a question. I received my Canadian passport today . I am starting my oci process .

I have a problem ... The given name mentioned in my Canadian passport is exactly same as surname . Will that create a problem when applying for oci?
Is your actual given name same as surname? If they are, then you will have the same thing in all the documents.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone !

This is regarding my surrender cert by postal app.

Surrender certificate has been printed – showing on account since 23rd Dec 2021, and BLS showing processing by consulate. No updates since then. Any one facing same issues??

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Sorry I know it’s wrong place to ask question about travel but has anyone here travel via British airways recently via UK to India and ask to book RT-PCR at UK and India? Or if anyone has knowledge about it?

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Sorry I know it’s wrong place to ask question about travel but has anyone here travel via British airways recently via UK to India and ask to book RT-PCR at UK and India? Or if anyone has knowledge about it?
Bad idea my friend, due to the bubble restrictions between india & uk they only allow for OCI/Indians from uk to India not the other way around. Regardless of your citizenship, BA will only allow passengers to get to UK/Cayman that’s it, you can’t go any further than that. Don’t book BA.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hey if you don’t mind me asking did you take two bank drafts while applying at brampton? If so what was the amount for BLS International services Canada?

How long after walking in did your surrender certificate arrived?
I got only 1 draft for CGI's fee for OCI application. BLS's fee and renunciation fee can be paid by debit card. I think BLS's fee was around $7. My surrender certificate arrived in 4 weeks.

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Bad idea my friend, due to the bubble restrictions between india & uk they only allow for OCI/Indians from uk to India not the other way around. Regardless of your citizenship, BA will only allow passengers to get to UK/Cayman that’s it, you can’t go any further than that. Don’t book BA.
Thanks for reply. So if I understand correctly I will be able to enter India via UK being Indian citizen but will not allow to board return flight to Canada even it’s just transit of 4 hours in UK?