+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Starts from Nov 15th. This was the case with my application as well. After the receipt of application, BLS take 8-10 business days to forward the application to CGI.So processing time for CGI starts from that point.
In your case it is Nov 15th.
Thank you. So then, did u receive within 8 weeks of timeline from later date?? M planning to travel on 24th Jan. Would I receive oci by then?? I applied well in advance but didn't expect such mess up fro. BlS

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Hello experts,
Please advice when we can connect with BLS or CGI.
We have submitted OCI application through mail on 29th Oct. It was received on 1st Nov at BLs brampton and updated as 4th Nov. However, currently application date shows 15th Nov. So our timeline of OCI starts from 1st Nov or 15th Nov??
Hi

I checked OCI website and it shows processed on 21 December.Do you know how long it will take to receive OCI card.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
I went to Toronto BLS center to submit my Passport surrender certificate application all the way from Windsor in SNOW at morning 3 am to attend appointment at 9:40 am. After 2 hours damn cold entered in to the office, again after 47 minutes, the agent said as you dont have Toronto address on the top of the application missed I can not take this application, I showed her the actual application that I downloaded, she said it must be printer error, I showed her the actual downloaded application which doesn't have any Toronto address. Finally she said I can not take it, even if I take it Indian consulate will send you back. I requested her by showing the doctor letter from India regarding her eye surgery and explained the need of my travel, she said sorry I can not help. So I took the application back, then she said you dont have to come all the way to Toronto from Windsor you can mail the documents. I said to Indian consulate , she said no to this address, I asked may I know the address she said google it. Now the scenario, I sent my all application through Canada Post with original passport to the address of Toronto where I met her with Canada Post tracking number 0101590000618094. Now one of my friend telling postal applications should be send to Brampton Address only, so what is going to happen, this is my Original Indian passport and I sent to wring address by listening her, what is my situation now? I called Canada Post they said nothing they can do. What is my situation, for somebody's error why should I be the victim, she said clearly send to this address my mail, you dont have to come.

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you. So then, did u receive within 8 weeks of timeline from later date?? M planning to travel on 24th Jan. Would I receive oci by then?? I applied well in advance but didn't expect such mess up fro. BlS
I am not sure as you have to take into account the holidays in December and Jan. I would suggest to follow up closely with BLS or to be in safer side please apply for entry visa.

Reactions: Yen@5

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
how to cotact BLS, even the web form is not working, OMG what is going on ??

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Awesome ! That would work !! Thank you :)
The processing time for entry visa is 5-7 days. Is it possible to receive entry visa before receiving the surrender certificate? Can I fly without the later certificate?
Sorry, out if my own experience it took 14days including weekend to receive entry visa on Canadian passport. Not sure if there is any express service you might be referring to which gives passport in 5-7 days. Dont go with assumptions. If you have fact also share with us.

KaurAB

Dec 21, 2021
Sorry, out if my own experience it took 14days including weekend to receive entry visa on Canadian passport. Not sure if there is any express service you might be referring to which gives passport in 5-7 days. Dont go with assumptions. If you have fact also share with us.
I am just referring to processing times on BLS website. For Vancouver Jurisdiction, the processing time is 5-7 working days. I believe that must be the confusion here as every jurisdiction has different processing times but I doubt if I am going to receive it in 7 working days because I am in Edmonton so there would be additional time to get it delivered.

Just confused if I should mail the application directly to Vancouver or walk in at Edmonton BLS.... Any suggestions?

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Hello,
I need help. I became canadian citizen but I have lost my record of landing for permanent residence. How can I proceed with the OCI application? I found that CIC issues a verification document upon filling up IMM5009. Has anyone used that in-lieu of the record of landing? Thanks.

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
Does anyone know how we can get an appointment for BSL Surrey?
Can we do Passport Surrender & OCI at the same time?
You can check online appointments on last day on month.
They usually open appointments spot on last day of every month for surrey Vancouver.
At Vancouver BLS you can apply both togather, I have done both at the same time about 1.5 month before at Vancouver.
Don’t know about surrey.

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
I am just referring to processing times on BLS website. For Vancouver Jurisdiction, the processing time is 5-7 working days. I believe that must be the confusion here as every jurisdiction has different processing times but I doubt if I am going to receive it in 7 working days because I am in Edmonton so there would be additional time to get it delivered.

Just confused if I should mail the application directly to Vancouver or walk in at Edmonton BLS.... Any suggestions?
All mailed application will be sitting aside for 14 days for Covid protocol at Vancouver CGI to process.

Reactions: KaurAB

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
Hello,
I need help. I became canadian citizen but I have lost my record of landing for permanent residence. How can I proceed with the OCI application? I found that CIC issues a verification document upon filling up IMM5009. Has anyone used that in-lieu of the record of landing? Thanks.
I have also lost Landing paper but at Vancouver BLS they never asked for it. And I got OCI last week.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020

Small correction it took 11days in total for me.
I would recommend walkin.
1. can be assured they got all documents required
2. Quicker than postal based on people experience.
Note: walkin wont be that easy either as you have time constraint take pain of walkin.

Reactions: KaurAB