+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

IndoCan1947

Dec 20, 2021
First post here..!
The OCI status says (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) and also has a comment under Additional Information.

Can anyone please help me if there is any meaning for the Additional information? It has a number and date.

Also when can I expect to receive the OCI?

IndoCan1947

Dec 20, 2021
Can anyone please tell me the documents checklist for applying newborn OCI through Postal application. I sent my baby’s documents last week but they are returned saying that the application is incomplete even though I followed all the instructions given by BLS representative on phone.
I attached filled application form.
1 photograph
Baby’s Canadian passport copy
Baby’s birth certificate copy
Both parents indian passport copies
Both parents PR card & Landing papers copies
Demand drafts for BLS & CGI
Address proof copy

Is there anything I missed in my application?? please help
I think Marriage certificate is missing. I just did it so..

Last edited:

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Since last week, the status for my passport surrender says "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance." in CG website.
Any idea on how much longer does it take to get certificate on hand?

Julyapplicant

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,
Has anyone mailed their application using regular Canada Post? It seems like the only option to send documents is to use BLS's courier.

Julyapplicant

Sep 14, 2013
QUOTE="masterofpupp, post: 9872488, member: 645102"]
I sent mine through Canada post and included a return courier fee in my bank draft.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for confirming. What address did you use to post the application? My jurisdiction is Brampton.
Also, I think we can pick up the OCI or surrendered passport from BLS after 2 PM. I don't think we need an appointment exclusively for pickup. Is that correct?

Nov 2, 2020
Can anyone please tell me the documents checklist for applying newborn OCI through Postal application. I sent my baby’s documents last week but they are returned saying that the application is incomplete even though I followed all the instructions given by BLS representative on phone.
1 photograph
Address proof copy

Hello KaurPreet,

i think you missed the consent form signed by both parents and picture of both parents on that forum.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
QUOTE="masterofpupp, post: 9872488, member: 645102"]
I sent mine through Canada post and included a return courier fee in my bank draft.
Thank you for confirming. What address did you use to post the application? My jurisdiction is Brampton.
Also, I think we can pick up the OCI or surrendered passport from BLS after 2 PM. I don't think we need an appointment exclusively for pickup. Is that correct?
[/QUOTE]

40 Gillingham Dr Unit 403, Brampton, ON L6X 4X7
If you are sending you application by post, then you have to choose a return courier service. You can't pick up in person.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
BLS website mentions that we need to provide a CERTIFIED CHEQUE for entry visa application. Has anyone here used a bank draft instead?

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
guys I sent my PP surrender application to wrong address which is Toronto BLS address, what can I do now

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks for letting me know. Were you able to track the Purolator using File Ref. e.g CANV0xxxxxxx and when that status was available ?
If you didn't track, can you please check if you are able to track the delivered tracking using your File Ref# on Purolator site https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker?
I was able to track in by tracking number provided on BLS status as Airway bill no.
Also purolater will msg you with link of tracking once they pick up your OCI from BLS

KaurAB

Dec 21, 2021
Guys please share your valuable knowledge/ ideas. I have my oath ceremony on Jan 4th. I need to travel to India in last week of January. I am anticipating that I wont be able to get my citizenship certificate, Canadian passport, surrender Indian passport and get visa in time to travel. What are my options? Can I travel on Indian passport and get Canadian passport from India since the Indian website provides 3 months grace period to travel on Indian passport if other passport is unavailable? My trip to India is for business and wont be there for more than 45 days.

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
1 photograph
Address proof copy

You have to include parents consent form. I just applied my baby OCI in Brampton. They have accepted it.

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
You have to include parents consent form. I just applied my baby OCI in Brampton. They have accepted it.
Hi @shafeeq87

Did you just provide a copy of the birth certificate, or was it attested by two authorities?

As per CGI Toronto:
If birth certificate is issued by Canadian government, it is required to be attested by Ministry of Consumer Affairs/government services (222 Jarvis Street, Toronto) and thereafter from the Consulate of India, Toronto.

But BLS checklist doesn't mention anything about attestation.