+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Everyone. My OCI was changed to printing status on Dec 09 and there is no update after that.

BLS status page keeps showing "Processing at Consulate". Please let me know if anyone else is waiting for their OCI application with a similar timeline?

Application Type : Postal
Sent : Oct 29, 2021
BLS Acknowledgment : Nov 10, 2021
Consulate Acknowledgment : Nov 19, 2021
Consulate Printing Processed : Dec 09, 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consulate Current Status : No dispatch/delivery lines since Dec 13, 2021
BLS Current Status : Processing at Consulate General
Hi there
Mine has similar timeline
OCI printed dec 8 and just received yesterday
I applied at Vancouver BLS in person.

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Friends, have a question might not be a right place but please help..

If I attend my oath and leave to india with indian passport is it ok that I can come back after 7-9 months and apply for Canadian passport..

Is it considered legal?
The reason is I have an emergency and really have no time to surrender, do the oci/visa.instead just do the ceremony and leave and come back and use the certificate and apply for Canadian passport and will then surrender.. but to come back I might take some months more than 6

Please any suggestions is appreciated.
I think you can do the following:
1. I believe there is no penalty for using Indian passport within 3 months of becoming citizen. So you can go to India using Indian passport.
2. Apply for your Canadian passport in India. (You would need your Citizenship Certificate that you will get during oath ceremony) https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/india-inde/new_delhi-info.aspx?lang=eng#PS
3. You will be able to come to Canada using your Canadian passport. (because your PR card will be taken during oath ceremony)
4. Surrender your Indian passport in Canada, once you are back from India after 7-9 months.

Last edited:

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Hi there
Mine has similar timeline
OCI printed dec 8 and just received yesterday
I applied at Vancouver BLS in person.
Thanks for letting me know. Were you able to track the Purolator using File Ref. e.g CANV0xxxxxxx and when that status was available ?
If you didn't track, can you please check if you are able to track the delivered tracking using your File Ref# on Purolator site https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker?

Last edited:

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Hey guys, I need to travel back to India in Feb and planning to stay there long for some time.
I got my Oath invite just recently.

I was wondering is this possible, if I apply & get my canadian passport, surrender my indian PP and then get entry visa.
And later apply for OCI while in canada as well. And goto India.

Can we ask the package to come to an Indian address.
And if not, what if I get it couriered to me in India.
Would there be any issues at the Indian border while leaving, that I entered India on entry visa, and come back later, lets say after an year with an OCI.
OCI is only for entry to India. I would apply entry visa for now and apply OCI when you are back from India.

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Can anyone please tell me the documents checklist for applying newborn OCI through Postal application. I sent my baby’s documents last week but they are returned saying that the application is incomplete even though I followed all the instructions given by BLS representative on phone.
I attached filled application form.
1 photograph
Baby’s Canadian passport copy
Baby’s birth certificate copy
Both parents indian passport copies
Both parents PR card & Landing papers copies
Demand drafts for BLS & CGI
Address proof copy

Is there anything I missed in my application?? please help

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Sure.
Walkin applied on 6th dec
Intransit to bls on 13th Dec
Ready to dispatch 14th Dec.
Hopefully I will have in my mailbox tomorrow.
Does your status change online to: approved on 13 when it says intransit to BLS in 13th.? Or you never know if it is approved or rejected until you get the passport?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Does your status change online to: approved on 13 when it says intransit to BLS in 13th.? Or you never know if it is approved or rejected until you get the passport?
The status never said approved all along. Had to wait until I received mail to know it is approved and visa stamp on passport.

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hey Guys, Quick question; i am getting my Canadian Passport on Monday. And i am planning to go to BLS Brampton on Tuesday. Can i apply for passport surrender, entry visa and OCI on the same day?
Hey, surrender and entry visa can be applied together

For OCI, you have to wait until you receive surrender certificate. They recently changed it so...

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
The status never said approved all along. Had to wait until I received mail to know it is approved and visa stamp on passport.
Thanks. I guess I have to wait.

Reactions: Ryn_20

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello Guys,
Have a question regarding entry visa fees. I am sending a postal application.
should I make two bank drafts one for visa fees and one for bls service fee?
or can I get a single draft for total amount?(visa fee+bls service charge)?

Julyapplicant

Sep 14, 2013
Hello,
I am new to this forum and apologies if someone has answered these questions already:
1) Is walk in option still available in Brampton BLS for OCI application? I looked to book an appointment and the earliest I see is March 2022.
2) Can we apply for the passport surrender and OCI all the same time?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hello,
I am new to this forum and apologies if someone has answered these questions already:
1) Is walk in option still available in Brampton BLS for OCI application? I looked to book an appointment and the earliest I see is March 2022.
2) Can we apply for the passport surrender and OCI all the same time?
1) Yes, you can walk-in, but try to be there early (at least 1 to 2 hours before they open up. Spots are limited for walk-in)
2) Recently, they changed the rules, and not accepting both together. All the best.

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
If we go for walk in at BLS Brampton for Surrender of Indian Passport application are we supposed to make demand draft for fee of $129.40 or can they accept cash/ debit card for Surrender of passport application ??

Do we need to upload photo in online application for Surrender of passport or is it optional . Can Some one please reply . Thanks