+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Can we do passport surrender and OCI application together ? I heard from a friend that this was suggested by BLS folks few years back.. Not sure if anyone has tried to do that or if it is something that can be done now.. any thoughts ?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Can we do passport surrender and OCI application together ? I heard from a friend that this was suggested by BLS folks few years back.. Not sure if anyone has tried to do that or if it is something that can be done now.. any thoughts ?
I also have same question. Someone recently posted that BLS Toronto/Brampton changed their process (Since mid-Nov), and now they are NOT accepting both together. But just want to know more on it. Anyone else tried to submit both surrender and OCI together in recent times (in last couple of days to weeks?). Thanks in advance.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Hi can anybody respond fast , can we apply for Indian VISA without renounce certificate ? or for VISA also we should have that renounce certificate ?

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Hello Everyone
Applying for Surrender of Indian passport.

After filling an application form online , we have to take print of the same , Can we save the filled application form on desktop/ lapton and take print later?? Is it possible .Has anyone tried this ? or is it mandatory to take print right away once we submit that application form.
Any suggestions on which way to upload a photo in that online application.Do I need to scan in jpg or Pdf format .or any better idea for this.

Do i only need 1 photograph of 51mm×51mm ? Does it need to be stamped by photographer?
Thanks in advance.

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Nope.

For OCI or for Indian PP surrender, you DONT have to submit your original Canadian Passport. You only need to submit a photocopy of Canadian PP and certificate of citizenship.
Towards the end of November BLS (Toronto/Brampton) has uploaded a new checklist in which now they are asking for both Original and copy of Canadian Passport/Indian passport and Citizenship Certificate to submitted along with the application. And also now a "Professional details of the applicant letter" needs to be submitted as well. This is for the OCI application.

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Hi can anybody respond fast , can we apply for Indian VISA without renounce certificate ? or for VISA also we should have that renounce certificate ?
I think you can apply for Indian Visa on your Canadian Passport.
Renounce certificate just makes sure that you are not using your Indian passport to visit india after becoming a Canadian Citizen.

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Hi Guys, Can anyone confirm if Purolator tracking for return shipping always include a File Ref Number for the OCI application?

My OCI was printed on Dec 09 but there is no status update after that on the OCI website. Bls status website keeps showing "Processing at Consulate"

So I want to make sure that somebody is home to receive the OCI card once it arrives.

P.S : Dispatch and Delivery lines are not showing up on OCI status site since Dec 13. (They were showing before that with no dates)

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
My mail out date for Canadian passport is Dec 29, i have scheduled an appointment with BLS Brampton Dec 31st 9 am, will the Canadian passport reach me on time so i could do my work with BLS

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Hi Guys, Can anyone confirm if Purolator tracking for return shipping always include a File Ref Number for the OCI application?

My OCI was printed on Dec 09 but there is no status update after that on the OCI website. Bls status website keeps showing "Processing at Consulate"

So I want to make sure that somebody is home to receive the OCI card once it arrives.

P.S : Dispatch and Delivery lines are not showing up on OCI status site since Dec 13. (They were showing before that with no dates)
Just check in Purelator tracking with OCI application number. I will shoiw the tracking details if they shipped.

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
Towards the end of November BLS (Toronto/Brampton) has uploaded a new checklist in which now they are asking for both Original and copy of Canadian Passport/Indian passport and Citizenship Certificate to submitted along with the application. And also now a "Professional details of the applicant letter" needs to be submitted as well. This is for the OCI application.
I see, thats good to know. I have applied in the last week of October and didnt had to submit my original PP.
Seems the process and rules change very fast

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
Hello Everyone
Applying for Surrender of Indian passport.

After filling an application form online , we have to take print of the same , Can we save the filled application form on desktop/ lapton and take print later?? Is it possible .Has anyone tried this ? or is it mandatory to take print right away once we submit that application form.
Any suggestions on which way to upload a photo in that online application.Do I need to scan in jpg or Pdf format .or any better idea for this.

Do i only need 1 photograph of 51mm×51mm ? Does it need to be stamped by photographer?
Thanks in advance.
As far as I remember, saving the application on the desktop is not possible. But you can print your application anytime after logging in to the passport services portal. That print application option will disappear once the application is submitted either physically or through the postal service

Reactions: Torontosingh

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
I also have same question. Someone recently posted that BLS Toronto/Brampton changed their process (Since mid-Nov), and now they are NOT accepting both together. But just want to know more on it. Anyone else tried to submit both surrender and OCI together in recent times (in last couple of days to weeks?). Thanks in advance.
I have submitted the applications together through postal application in the second week of November and they still got accepted.
Seems I got lucky a bit.

When in doubt, call the BLS helpline and if they answer, its better to talk to the personnel about postage details. If they accept both the applications together, then we can go ahead and do that

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
My mail out date for Canadian passport is Dec 29, i have scheduled an appointment with BLS Brampton Dec 31st 9 am, will the Canadian passport reach me on time so i could do my work with BLS
I would ask the courier company that Passport Canada is using to mail the passport.

one.canada

Dec 14, 2021
Just check in Purelator tracking with OCI application number. I will shoiw the tracking details if they shipped.
Thanks for confirmation. Yes I did check that but no update. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's almost a week now since the OCI was printed (Dec 9). I applied at BLS Surrey office and it was a postal application.