+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Try to send message via escalation option on bls website and hopefully you will be able to see status on oci website
I dif though, they said it's with consulate now so they ha no role. However, today it's showing on OCI website as under process an acknowledge date as 2 Dec 2021. Hopefully it will be processed by 15 Jan as m planning to travel by end of Jan.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hello Everyone,

can I apply for OCI and Surrender certificate together? How much time it takes my office will be Vancouver?
Nope. Surrender first, then OCI

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Do they really print OCI cards in Delhi? and send the physical cards back to Toronto? isn't it waste of time and resources? (If they can print passport here, then they could do OCI also, IMHO?)

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they really print OCI cards in Delhi? and send the physical cards back to Toronto? isn't it waste of time and resources? (If they can print passport here, then they could do OCI also, IMHO?)
The OCI cards are indeed printed in india.

Regarding the passports, as far as my understanding goes, most external countries do not print them, except a select few like usa and canada.

I think they have more implemented a standardised process.

Reactions: canvisa13

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Hi - can we book appointments for surrender and OCI in advance? Or should I wait first for surrender certificate before booking OCI appointment?
You can book two appointments with a gap of 1 month(time to get surrender certificate from the date of first appointment) in between in advance.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Hello everyone
I have scheduled Purolator to come and pick up my application tomorrow. Can you please confirm -
1. Do I need to buy a purolator box for the documents or will they bring one with them?
2. I have a second cancelled passport - do I need to provide that as well as part of the application?

Please and thank you

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Do you remember when BLS status shows "Processing at CG"? Usually its 15-18 days from the day BLS status shows processing.
It think it was around 7 days when status at BLS showed up. It took 21 days for status to show up at OCI website.

I have also received my cancelled passports via Purolator last Thursday (December 2nd). So it took about 27 days to get the cancelled passport after in-person submission at BLS.

Reactions: imm01

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Hello everyone
I have scheduled Purolator to come and pick up my application tomorrow. Can you please confirm -
1. Do I need to buy a purolator box for the documents or will they bring one with them?
2. I have a second cancelled passport - do I need to provide that as well as part of the application?

Please and thank you
1. From one of the previous posts in this forum (Sl#6 under Notes), it says Purolator will provide an envelope, but better to double check, as I had submitted in person, things might change now
2.For me, they returned my old cancelled Indian PP (did not keep it, nor took any copy),I had a valid US visa in the cancelled PP, therefore it was stapled to my active Indian PP.

Reactions: ajtoronto

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
FYI: I went to BLS surrey, and I had married filled in my passport application. My passport did not had spouse name and they asked me to fill in single and submit (which I declined) and they refused to submit my application.

I came back and did an RTI and escalated it to BLS management and CGI Vancouver. 3 weeks later I received a note from BLS that I can go ahead an submit my application as is.

If someone else is in same boat let me know I can forward confirmation email from BLS.

Reactions: ajtoronto