Med's Done....
7 March 2016
Passport Req..
29 November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23 November 2016
LANDED..........
24 December 2016
Ho..m in similar situation. I hv applied OCI for my new born on 29th Oct. It went processing at consular on 15th Nov and after that no update. I can not even track on MEA website. No clue where our application lies and m planning to travel in mid of Jan. We have applied well in advance but now so much ambiguity around the time. They don't answer as they r saying it is still within processing timeline. Though m bit anxious that they might have misplaced our file otherwise it should have appear on MEA website atleast
As far as I understand. It takes around 15-18 days to appear on MEA website. You should see it this week. I applied it around the same time in October earlier, but they returned it due to photo not meeting the requirement.

Reactions: Yen@5

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Ho..m in similar situation. I hv applied OCI for my new born on 29th Oct. It went processing at consular on 15th Nov and after that no update. I can not even track on MEA website. No clue where our application lies and m planning to travel in mid of Jan. We have applied well in advance but now so much ambiguity around the time. They don't answer as they r saying it is still within processing timeline. Though m bit anxious that they might have misplaced our file otherwise it should have appear on MEA website atleast
I applied for minor oci on 29th oct and bls website states processing at consulate general since 13th November. Today OCI website shows date of acknowledgment 1st dec and under process. Does anyone know why date is different on bls and oci website and when can I expect the oci to be processed???

Reactions: Yen@5

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Has anyone applied for Surrender certificate and OCI at Calgary BLS center and share their experience please. Thank you.

PR_Applicant

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
13-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
Need the help from this forum if anyone from Toronto jurisdiction has ever submitted OCI application at the Ottawa office?

Question - Would BLS Ottawa accept applications for High Commission of India, Toronto office? I am based out of Brampton and applied online for OCI from the Toronto High Commission. However, the wait time for both Brampton and Toronto BLS office is way too long. I need the OCI for my 1 year old to visit India and stay for more than a month with my old parents. Hence, looking if it is possible to take an appointment at the Ottawa location.
OCI processing time for Ottawa is longer than Toronto. if you dont get appointment at Brampton BLS, you can walkin. i reached there at 7am in the morning and stand in the queue. able to get to counter at 10 am...

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Hi Experts,

Any idea when I can receive OCI to our home ?

Date Of Acknowledgment 26-OCT-2021
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number -------
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-NOV-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 23-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 23-NOV-2021
Hi canadabharath, "Date Of Acknowledgment 26-OCT-2021" is this from "https://ociservices.gov.in/" status enquiry or from "https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php" ? I mailed application on 27-OCT-2021 to BLS and waiting. Thanks in advance.

PR_Applicant

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
13-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
Hi Guys, I have had the same status since 29th October ( more than a month )- for the application on OCI services, is there a way i can contact the embassy or HCI ottawa to figure out whats going on ?
i dont have any clue if there is anything wrong with my application or if they are waiting for further documents, i have not been contacted for anything yet, but not having any change in the status , even under process at CG has not been updated, is kind of making me nervous.

the file was sent from Montreal - and is only for OCI card, the surrender certificate was done beforehand the OCI application was sent.

anyone with any info or tips , please do let me know
Date Of Acknowledgment29-OCT-2021
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Ottawa processing time is 2 weeks more than Toronto. my application was acknowledged on 02-Nov-2021 and got status changed to "OCI received at Toronto" on 27-Nov-2021. so, i would say, you need to wait two more weeks because your application is from Ottawa Jurisdiction.

Reactions: Robbssiee

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I applied for minor oci on 29th oct and bls website states processing at consulate general since 13th November. Today OCI website shows date of acknowledgment 1st dec and under process. Does anyone know why date is different on bls and oci website and when can I expect the oci to be processed???
This is great to hear. I hope mine vl update soon as no luck so far in my case. BlS sucks. I called them 4 times and all r giving me different answers which is very annoying. Kindly keep us updated if anything changes at ur end.
Bdw, was it postal or walk-in?? N which BLS did you submit application?

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Hi,
Could anyone tell me how long it would take to receive the OCI booklet based on below date and status from https://ociservices.gov.in ?
Date Of Acknowledgment26-NOV-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

PR_Applicant

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
13-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
I too applied OCI for minor on 21-Oct-2021 at BLS brampton. Date of Acknowledgement at OCI website is 02-Nov-2021. status change to "OCI Received at Toronto" on 27-Nov-2021. normally , you will see status change after 4 weeks from acknowledgement date.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
As far as I understand. It takes around 15-18 days to appear on MEA website. You should see it this week. I applied it around the same time in October earlier, but they returned it due to photo not meeting the requirement.
Fingers crossed and hope to have update soon. I m also planning to travel in mid of Jan but as back up, m planning to apply for entry visa next week.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Hi once I get my Canadian citizenship certificate , Can I apply for Canada passport? but I can not travel to India with Indian passport ? or I can travel for 3 months ?? whats the process please guys help me thank you

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi once I get my Canadian citizenship certificate , Can I apply for Canada passport? but I can not travel to India with Indian passport ? or I can travel for 3 months ?? whats the process please guys help me thank you
For three months you can travel with India passport even after you get Canadian passport.
A friend of mine did this (to go to get married in India!).
I am also planning to do this (India passport usage not marriage!) as my oath is in Dec and I have to travel to India in Jan.
hope this helps.
nerd.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
For three months you can travel with India passport even after you get Canadian passport.
A friend of mine did this (to go to get married in India!).
I am also planning to do this (India passport usage not marriage!) as my oath is in Dec and I have to travel to India in Jan.
hope this helps.
nerd.
It is illegal to travel to India using your indian passport once you acquire Canadian passport. Also, how do you plan to return back to Canada ? You can't enter on one passport and exit on another easily. Please stop spreading misinformation

Please read the pages in this thread where this has been answered extensively. Long story short - no basically isn't possible without doing a bunch of work in India that will take 1-2 months or more (go to FRRO, get an exit permit, surrender Indian passport) @Dr kbknaidu

Read this post. Explains what you need to do in India to return back using Canadian passport https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-to-india-after-oath-on-indian-passport.749934/post-9818937

Best option is to apply for a visa to visit india before you travel. Fastest option that is also safe without any headaches

Last edited:

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Ohh god 2 different people completely 2 different answers ??

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello Experts,
My time to surrender Indian passport apply entry visa as from the thread I understand surrender and OCI arent done together anymore. Please help me with following
1. For surrender entry visa and OCI can you provide paper application links where I can print and fill in, not the online app
2. Whats the processing time for surrender complete process
3. For OCI after applying do we need to be present in Canada to receive after it is completed. I am planning to give my friends address to have it mailed. As I am planning to apply and visit to India.

Please advise.