+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I asked on Twitter if it's true that BLS Brampton are not accepting surrender and OCI together
They replied to DM them with info. Of passport ARN and contact details.

Sorry if this question is a repeat and boring. To people who applied for surrender and OCI in the last week or so
can you confirm that this process of surrender and OCI has to be done separately and cannot be done together at BLS Brampton
Several recent posts did confirm that BLS doesn't allow simultaneous submission of OCI and Surrender anymore. But I'll let someone who submitted their application in the past week confirm this.

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
I asked on Twitter if it's true that BLS Brampton are not accepting surrender and OCI together
They replied to DM them with info. Of passport ARN and contact details.

Sorry if this question is a repeat and boring. To people who applied for surrender and OCI in the last week or so
can you confirm that this process of surrender and OCI has to be done separately and cannot be done together at BLS Brampton
I submitted my application last week - Postal application. BLS/CGI doesn't allow simultaneous submission of OCI and Surrender anymore. Apply for Surrender, get the certificate and then apply for OCI.

Last edited:

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Postal application - Surrender Certificate
Anybody here sent their surrender application by post? Did you have to send the originals for citizenship cert or canadian passport?
Or did you just attest the copies to be true copies?

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Mine is a
Postal application - Surrender Certificate
Anybody here sent their surrender application by post? Did you have to send the originals for citizenship cert or canadian passport?
Or did you just attest the copies to be true copies?
Mine was a postal application to BLS brampton
No originals. Here is the standard check list:

1. online application form
  2. 1 colour picture with white background
  3. Indian passport original and copy first & last page
  4. Canadian passport copy front page
  5. Citizenship certificate copy
  6. Canadian address proof copy
To be in safe side, I did attach a copy of COPR and a copy of marriage certificate as I was applying surrender certificate for my family

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Mine is a

Mine was a postal application to BLS brampton
No originals. Here is the standard check list:

1. online application form
  2. 1 colour picture with white background
  3. Indian passport original and copy first & last page
  4. Canadian passport copy front page
  5. Citizenship certificate copy
  6. Canadian address proof copy
To be in safe side, I did attach a copy of COPR and a copy of marriage certificate as I was applying surrender certificate for my family
Thank you!

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
I submitted my application last week - Postal application. BLS/CGI doesn't allow simultaneous submission of OCI and Surrender anymore. Apply for Surrender, get the certificate and then apply for OCI.
What status does it show your application is at when you are tracking it? I submitted my surrender application last week as well. Passport Seva just says "online application submitted" and BLS tracking says application received. Just wanted to see what status your application is at, since you also mentioned you submitted it last week.

helper25

Nov 24, 2021
1. Canadian first bio page only, Indian passport first and last bio pages only.
2. Scan 300 DPI, it should be within the 1MB, or use NitroPdf. Nitropdf has optimizing option to reduce size.
3. Employment letter is not required, double check with BLS. They told me a month ago, no employment required.
4. there are four document that are required to upload self attested with statement ""this is true ..." COPR, Indian Passport showing cancelled passport stamp, Canadian Passport and Marriage Certificate.

hope it helps!
Thanks for your reply. Appreciated. Scan 300 DPI worked. Planning to submit using purolator. Are original documents required to be sent for OCI? . I saw there is no option in puralator pick up & drop off to waive the fee for returning original documents. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
What status does it show your application is at when you are tracking it? I submitted my surrender application last week as well. Passport Seva just says "online application submitted" and BLS tracking says application received. Just wanted to see what status your application is at, since you also mentioned you submitted it last week.
Same status as yours.. It hasnt been forwarded to CGI yet..

brars

Apr 7, 2016
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 May 2016
AOR Received.
1 June 2016
File Transfer...
18 July 2016
Med's Done....
7 March 2016
Passport Req..
29 November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23 November 2016
LANDED..........
24 December 2016
I submitted my wife's oci + passport surrender and my child's oci after correcting some mistakes. It was delivered on Nov 11th. However, it was not updated on BLS till Nov 29th.
On Nov 29th, the updated status was "under process". Yesterday, It got changed to "under process at CG"
Any idea, how long does it take after that.

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
I submitted my wife's oci + passport surrender and my child's oci after correcting some mistakes. It was delivered on Nov 11th. However, it was not updated on BLS till Nov 29th.
On Nov 29th, the updated status was "under process". Yesterday, It got changed to "under process at CG"
You should be able to track in ociservices website around Dec 15 -18

brars

Apr 7, 2016
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 May 2016
AOR Received.
1 June 2016
File Transfer...
18 July 2016
Med's Done....
7 March 2016
Passport Req..
29 November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23 November 2016
LANDED..........
24 December 2016
You should be able to track in ociservices website around Dec 15 -18
Thanks for the update. We have tickets booked for January 17th. Do you think we will have it before that or should I consider applying for visa? I have appts booked for visa application for Dec 24th as a backup option.

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Hi Guys, I have had the same status since 29th October ( more than a month )- for the application on OCI services, is there a way i can contact the embassy or HCI ottawa to figure out whats going on ?
i dont have any clue if there is anything wrong with my application or if they are waiting for further documents, i have not been contacted for anything yet, but not having any change in the status , even under process at CG has not been updated, is kind of making me nervous.

the file was sent from Montreal - and is only for OCI card, the surrender certificate was done beforehand the OCI application was sent.

anyone with any info or tips , please do let me know
Date Of Acknowledgment29-OCT-2021
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Thanks for the update. We have tickets booked for January 17th. Do you think we will have it before that or should I consider applying for visa? I have appts booked for visa application for Dec 24th as a backup option.
Appears to be little tight IMO, usually it takes around 4 weeks from the day it shows up in the ociservices website. Considering the holidays ahead, it might miss the Jan 17th date...

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ho..m in similar situation. I hv applied OCI for my new born on 29th Oct. It went processing at consular on 15th Nov and after that no update. I can not even track on MEA website. No clue where our application lies and m planning to travel in mid of Jan. We have applied well in advance but now so much ambiguity around the time. They don't answer as they r saying it is still within processing timeline. Though m bit anxious that they might have misplaced our file otherwise it should have appear on MEA website atleast