+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you. I am going to Brampton as well.
So the total on the draft was jsut $129.40 (for Surrender) or was it $129.40 + 352.40?
352 is for OCI .. BLS does not accept submission of passport surrender and OCI applications together. you apply for passport surrender, get the surrender certificate and then apply OCI

Reactions: ajtoronto

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
352 is for OCI .. BLS does not accept submission of passport surrender and OCI applications together. you apply for passport surrender, get the surrender certificate and then apply OCI
Understood. Thank you very much.

And for the pick up, does the courier get the purolator box/ package for the documents or do you have to buy that separately?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
In my case, it took them 21 days. Walk-in application submitted at BLS on Nov 5 and acknowledged on OCI website on Nov 26.
Oh. Thank you. Not sure how they are updating. My application was received on 4th at BLS but got processed on 15th. It has been 14 days and still no update but as you have mentioned, I will wait another week and then will apply entry visa if no update as planning to travel in Jan end and I applied OCI well withing timeline but looks like it takes more than wht people have mentioned here. I am already over 4 weeks and still no progress on my application.

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Hi All, My OCI process is complete. The BLS status says "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" but I paid for the pickup and delivery courier. Should I wait for courier or pick up from Brampton office?

Nov 2, 2020
Great. Much of that was helpful for our child. So I will re-upload all documents with self-attestation. What is still not clear and which the consulate in Vancouver has not returned to us on is the attestation of the marriage certificate by the NY Indian consulate. As I mentioned NY city clerk, county clerk and state have already attested the certificate, US Dept of State has replied that they will not because it is unnecessary due to Hague Convention and intended use in India. When we try to have India consulate attest we get this reply: "Please Apostille the marriage from State Secretary as Indian Consulate plays no role in attestation of Marriage Certificate issued by US government. Please do not reply to this email - Thanks & Regards Consulate General of India" plus address etc.
Please request an marriage apostle not the attested certificate from new york SOS.

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
The oci status enquiry says
Date of Acknowledgment - 30th October 2021
Registration Status mission - Vancouver
Document printing status -Processed on 24th Nov
Dispatched from New Delhi on 27th Nov
Document received at Vancouver on 27th Nov

The BLS site still says Processing at consulate general. The status has been the same from day one on BLS website.

So when will I receive my oci?
Mine was a walk-in application at Calgary BLS. I did not submit any originals. Will I have to submit my passport for Oci stamping? When did I have to do that?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All, My OCI process is complete. The BLS status says "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" but I paid for the pickup and delivery courier. Should I wait for courier or pick up from Brampton office?
If it is urgent, you can go to BLS Brampton and pickup in person. If not urgent, It will come to your mailing address within 2 or 3 days after Status change to Passport ready for Dispatch after OCI Stamping.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Since I need to visit my family soon, and now that we can't apply for surrender and OCI applications together, I might need a visa to enter India. Which type of a visa should I apply for? Im confused between entry visa and tourist visa. Also what's the processing time for visas?

Last edited:

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Oh. Thank you. Not sure how they are updating. My application was received on 4th at BLS but got processed on 15th. It has been 14 days and still no update but as you have mentioned, I will wait another week and then will apply entry visa if no update as planning to travel in Jan end and I applied OCI well withing timeline but looks like it takes more than wht people have mentioned here. I am already over 4 weeks and still no progress on my application.
Mostly everyone around similar timing, applied last week of October, have status on OCI website. But we do not see any record on OCI inquiry website. Any red flag i should consider here?? M bit worried now as already past 4 weeks n no update yet.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Since I need to visit my family soon, and now that we can't apply for surrender and OCI applications together, I might need a visa to enter India. Which type of a visa should I apply for? Im confused between entry visa and tourist visa. Also what's the processing time for visas?
Entry visa. You can apply for surrender and entry visa together. Your visa will be processed in a week in most cases. I dont believe you need to wait for surrender to be completed even. This is the best option for people hoping to travel for the holidays

OCI as you said, you can then submit later on as that takes 2 months and needs surrender to be completed.

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Mine still shows: "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities."
Hi, I applied for the same OCI Miscellaneous services in November 2021. Status is "acknowledged by competent authorities. it is under consideration" Do you have any update after that? Since you applied in August 2021, would like to know how long it took for you to get final status. Would appreciate if you can reply. Thanks.

BaggiSidhu

Nov 30, 2021
Need the help from this forum if anyone from Toronto jurisdiction has ever submitted OCI application at the Ottawa office?

Question - Would BLS Ottawa accept applications for High Commission of India, Toronto office? I am based out of Brampton and applied online for OCI from the Toronto High Commission. However, the wait time for both Brampton and Toronto BLS office is way too long. I need the OCI for my 1 year old to visit India and stay for more than a month with my old parents. Hence, looking if it is possible to take an appointment at the Ottawa location.

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
I asked on Twitter if it's true that BLS Brampton are not accepting surrender and OCI together
They replied to DM them with info. Of passport ARN and contact details.

Sorry if this question is a repeat and boring. To people who applied for surrender and OCI in the last week or so
can you confirm that this process of surrender and OCI has to be done separately and cannot be done together at BLS Brampton