+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
My timelines are as follows:

Application Date 06-OCT-2021 ( By walk-in at BLS Brampton)
Date Of Acknowledgment 15-OCT-2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 11-NOV-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 12-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 12-NOV-2021

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping 13th November 2021
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) 14th to 17th November 2021

Delivered by Purolator 18th November 2021

Reactions: vishalv and raghu19

raghu19

Sep 14, 2018
Had applied OCI for my baby boy..

Timelines are as below:

Application Date: 05-OCT-2021 ( By post to Brampton BLS)
Received by BLS: 07-OCT-2021
BLS Under Process: 08-OCT-2021
Date Of Acknowledgment: 20-OCT-2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 12-NOV-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 16-NOV-2021

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping 16th November 2021
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) 17th November 2021

P.S: Copied the text from SharadSinha's post above and edited.. :-D

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
BLS site is showing "(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)" from last 4 days. I got the OCI today.. BLS still showing the same.
Same here lol. My OCI is out for delivery per purolator..and still BLS is showing that status. Ah who cares now

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
My timelines are as follows:

Date Of Acknowledgment 15-OCT-2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 11-NOV-2021

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping 13th November 2021
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) 14th to 17th November 2021

Hello,

did you apply for Surrender certificate and OCI together?

Thanks!

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Had applied OCI for my baby boy..

Timelines are as below:

Application Date: 05-OCT-2021 ( By post to Brampton BLS)
Received by BLS: 07-OCT-2021
BLS Under Process: 08-OCT-2021
Date Of Acknowledgment: 20-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 16-NOV-2021

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping 16th November 2021

P.S: Copied the text from SharadSinha's post above and edited.. :-D
Hi I'm planning to apply OCI for my newborn. Do they need marriage certificate certified by MEA and CGI? Thanks

I'm also going to apply for surrender certificate and OCI for myself only (I'm Indian citizen and spouse is Indian citizen too). Do i need to submit our birth certificates in that case if I already have Indian passports? Thanks

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Just got my OCI. All done with the immigration journey

Timelines below:

Date Of Acknowledgment 18-OCT-2021

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping 17th November 2021
Delivered to home: 18th November, 2021

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Wait a second... I think they simply returned the original documents then.

When you say original passports, were they Indian passports or Canadian ones? Did you submit your original Canadian passport with the application?

If they returned your Indian passports, were they cancelled (you'll see 2 punch holes in the passport, a stamp that says "Cancelled on account of holder voluntarily acquiring foreign citizenship and a surrender letter pinned to the last page of the passport).
The Process is different because for montreal, they dont allow to club surrender and OCI together , so my surrender was already done ( weirdly enough , they provided the surrender certificate as a separate document and did not punch holes or write cancelled on my indian passport and gave it back as is , i guess they forgot , but i did have the surrender certificate already before i applied for OCI, the photocopy of that certificate was sent with the OCI application file.

after my OCI was applied , they sent back the indian and canadian passports along with the citizenship certificate , along with the application number , which seems that the file is accepted , and doubled down with the fact that on ociservices the status is under process as well.

from the ociservices side, it shows date of acknowledgment and under process
but from the BLS site - application status is - Dispatched via courier , which makes no sense to me

Now can you please tell me if i should be looking at the BLS website status or OCiservices status ? and which status reflects the true status of the application and gets updated when the OCI card is printed, that is my question if you or anyone can help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The Process is different because for montreal, they dont allow to club surrender and OCI together , so my surrender was already done ( weirdly enough , they provided the surrender certificate as a separate document and did not punch holes or write cancelled on my indian passport and gave it back as is , i guess they forgot , but i did have the surrender certificate already before i applied for OCI, the photocopy of that certificate was sent with the OCI application file.

after my OCI was applied , they sent back the indian and canadian passports along with the citizenship certificate , along with the application number , which seems that the file is accepted , and doubled down with the fact that on ociservices the status is under process as well.

from the ociservices side, it shows date of acknowledgment and under process
but from the BLS site - application status is - Dispatched via courier , which makes no sense to me

Now can you please tell me if i should be looking at the BLS website status or OCiservices status ? and which status reflects the true status of the application and gets updated when the OCI card is printed, that is my question if you or anyone can help.
First, check BLS website until you see "Processing at Consulate general" status comes up. After that, check OCI website for your status where you should see 3 status dates (until you see a date for "Document received at XXX consulate on YYY date". ) Once you see those 3 statuses on the OCI website, you should then check the status on BLS website for 3 status changes (Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping -> Ready for dispatch -> Dispatched via courier).

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
First, check BLS website until you see "Processing at Consulate general" status comes up. After that, check OCI website for your status where you should see 3 status dates (until you see a date for "Document received at XXX consulate on YYY date". ) Once you see those 3 statuses on the OCI website, you should then check the status on BLS website for 3 status changes (Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping -> Ready for dispatch -> Dispatched via courier).

Thanks, i guess i am stuck with BLS not showing anything and Ociservices showing under process.

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Hi
I applied for minor oci and status shows processing at consulate general. But I haven’t received any confirmation email from bls Brampton. Is this normal? Also how long does it take to show on oci general website as it shows no records found?? Do they query for more docs once it is processing at consulate general??
Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
I applied for minor oci and status shows processing at consulate general. But I haven’t received any confirmation email from bls Brampton. Is this normal? Also how long does it take to show on oci general website as it shows no records found?? Do they query for more docs once it is processing at consulate general??
Thanks
I don't think there will be any confirmation email from either the consulate or from BLS. If you submitted it in the Toronto jurisdiction, expect it'll take 6 - 7 weeks from the date of submission. If you submitted it in the Ottawa jurisdiction, it takes about 8 to 9 weeks I think.

It takes around 2 weeks from the date of submission to see a status on OCI website.