passed -10.06.2015
Applied for surrender on Oct 14 at bls Brampton in person
Latest status changed on Oct 29th - certificate has been printed

Oci - applied on Oct 20th at bls in person
Oci status available on OCI site - Oct 29- under process

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
We did not surrender anything.
and in september, we couldnt go for walk in at the BLS centers.
What kind of certificate are you talking about?
they have returned all our original documents and also, with a paper which mentioned the acknowledgment date..

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
It seems like BLS Toronto is finding a way to make more money . It is just a scam. I went to BLS Brampton and they didn't ask me to show Original COPR. I had put a Copy of COPR in Application and They returned it to me at the same time while submitting in person application. They are just trying to steal money openly from people for Couriers even without letting people to allow pickup.
they tried that with me. said you'll have to come 3 times (surrender, original and OCI). i said fine. i live like 10 mins away and can come whenever you want me there. you should have seen the guy's face when i said that. didn't pay anything for postal charges and they sent my originals to Brampton instead of Toronto. Wasted a trip and they had it shipped to TO BLS.

Reactions: krunal2904

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
any luck? my timelines are same as yours. By now, you should have either received it or it must be showing OCI number issued
Not yet...

Just checked the status (12:42 EST). Its shows, 'Under Processing'.

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
they tried that with me. said you'll have to come 3 times (surrender, original and OCI). i said fine. i live like 10 mins away and can come whenever you want me there. you should have seen the guy's face when i said that. didn't pay anything for postal charges and they sent my originals to Brampton instead of Toronto. Wasted a trip and they had it shipped to TO BLS.
Hello, can you please confirm which original documents did they keep? Is it just original passport and COPR, or any other documents as well?

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Friends,
planning to visit BLS Toronto next week for OCI and passport surrender, can anyone help me with the following clarifications?

Do we need to self attest documents for passport surrender with a note "this is a true copy of the original"? The checklist does not mention anything (OCI checklist explicitly mentioned that we need to self attest all supporting documents)

Nov 2, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a unique situation, I am a Canadian citizen and my ex-wife is a PR (still Indian citizen). We both got married in India and have been legally seperated for few months. I have applied for OCI and submitted my forms with checklist attached. Since I do not have much details of my ex-wife's passport and neither have an original marriage certificate.
Received below response from.BLS, if somebody can help.

Dear applicant, you’re incomplete / incorrect application is being sent back due to the following reason/s: • separation agreement attested required from ministry of province and then after consulate general of india, toronto. • spouse details like passport number, issue and validity to be filled in the application form. • surrender application is good to go. please mention that your surrender are in process when you sending your oci application again. we are sending back the original documents: • 2 draft

Nov 2, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a unique situation, I am a Canadian citizen and my ex-wife is a PR (still Indian citizen). We both got married in India and have been legally seperated for few months. I have applied for OCI and submitted my forms with checklist attached. Since I do not have much details of my ex-wife's passport and neither have an original marriage certificate.

Dear applicant, you’re incomplete / incorrect application is being sent back due to the following reason/s: • separation agreement attested required from ministry of province and then after consulate general of india, toronto. • spouse details like passport number, issue and validity to be filled in the application form. • surrender application is good to go. please mention that your surrender are in process when you sending your oci application again. we are sending back the original documents: • 2 draft

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Friends,
planning to visit BLS Toronto next week for OCI and passport surrender, can anyone help me with the following clarifications?

Do we need to self attest documents for passport surrender with a note "this is a true copy of the original"? The checklist does not mention anything (OCI checklist explicitly mentioned that we need to self attest all supporting documents)
The Checklist for Surrender Application doesn't mentioned to self attest Documents. However, I did Walk-in Application at BLS Brampton and I submitted Copy of all documents with self attest for Surrender and OCI. I didn't want to take a chance so I did Self Attest for Surrender and OCI.

Reactions: rtamuli

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Hello,

For Divorce, You will have to fullfill below requirements and submit necessary documents for your OCI Application.

FOR DIVORCEES:

Divorcee applicants are required to submit their divorce certificate. Please note: EX-Parte divorce certificates, court letter is not accepted. - If divorced in Canada, the divorce certificate /court letter should be authenticated from the respective province’s Ministry of Services and further attested by the Consulate General of India, Toronto. - If divorced in another country, divorce certificate to be authenticated by the county’s Embassy and furthermore attested by the Consulate General of India, Toronto. - If Married in India and divorced in India – Divorce certificate issue by the Family court

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Applied for surrender on Oct 14 at bls Brampton in person
Latest status changed on Oct 29th - certificate has been printed

Oci - applied on Oct 20th at bls in person
Oci status available on OCI site - Oct 29- under process
Hi Ajit,
Did you receive your surrender certificate!