OCI process

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Hi,
I have not done anything by walk in, but yes we sent all our original on sept 24th 2021.
my date of acknowledgment is oct 8th 2021 as well
Online it is still showing Under process.
i live in Quebec, i dont know if that makes any sense.
Hoping to recieve my oci card next week.
i checked with someone who have sep 27th as their processing date. they received it today. hope diwali doesn't throw a wrench. I need to travel in the last week of Nov..

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Any one recently did walk-in OCI @ BLS (Lawrence Ave location?)? If so, could you share your walk-in experience (Without appointment) for OCI services? How long is the line, and what is the best time to start the line? :) Thanks!

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi All,

I am sending my OCI application to BLS Brampton center by Purolator , I am really confused if I have to send any of the original documents(COPR, Cancelled Indian Passport, Surrender Certificate ). I am including all the requested documents copy self attested. I have read many posts earlier where original received is mentioned in their OCI timeline. I don't want to miss by only sending photocopies and they would ask me again.
Could anyone please confirm?

So I called BLS and they have confirmed that NO ORIGINALS are required for OCI application. Sent my application through courier. I will share the experience if once it is approved or they further ask any of the missing documents.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I can see below status for my Surrender Certificate Application on Passport Seva Site. I have submitted my Application to BLS Brampton on Oct 20 as Walk-in.

Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
I applied for Surrender Certificate on Sept 20, still there is no update. I have seen in this forum , many are getting surrender certificate in less than 2 weeks. In my case- its been 6 weeks , no update.

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Any one recently did walk-in OCI @ BLS (Lawrence Ave location?)? If so, could you share your walk-in experience (Without appointment) for OCI services? How long is the line, and what is the best time to start the line? :) Thanks!
I saw folks in the walk-in line. line starts at 6am and by 10am the security guard makes a list which walk-ins they'll allow and how many.

Reactions: canvisa13

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
I applied for Surrender Certificate on Sept 20, still there is no update. I have seen in this forum , many are getting surrender certificate in less than 2 weeks. In my case- its been 6 weeks , no update.
yeah.. my surrender cert came in 10 calendar days

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I hope they have not missed placed your file.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Do they take COPR Original when we apply OCI walk-in? I thought they will take only Passport Original for Surrender certificate, and No original for OCI.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I don't think you need to send any original documents along with the postal application except the Indian passport. If you are going for in-person application in BLS Toronto, I have noticed that BLS is requesting original COPR for few applicants. I am not sure on what criteria, BLS decides to submit the original COPR.
It is my personal experience that BLS asked to submit the original COPR and provided an acknowledgement document for the submission of original COPR. I have received the submitted Original COPR back.
BLS took the original COPR for my spouse OCI application, but they did NOT provide any acknowledgment document. Should I go back and ask for acknowledgment copy?

Last edited:

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Do they take COPR Original when we apply OCI walk-in? I thought they will take only Passport Original for Surrender certificate, and No original for OCI.
Yes, BLS Toronto does take the original COPR for few walk-in applicants. I believe they take the original COPR when there is a change in marital status compared to the Indian Passport.

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
BLS took the original COPR for my spouse OCI application, but they did NOT provide any acknowledgment document. Should I go back and ask for acknowledgment copy?
Generally, the receipt which states the amount paid for the OCI services will have a check box tick that the original COPR is submitted. Please check. If it is not ticked off then you could call BLS to get exact info. Personally, I feel there would be no issue.

Reactions: canvisa13

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Please call BLS to check the status. You could also tweet CGI to get more info directly. @rajkamalmohanram has provided the twitter account in the forum previously to raise a query. You have a genuine reason to reach out to them because of the delay.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
They didn't even ask to see my COPR. Did you submit your application in BLS Toronto because BLS Brampton doesn't take any original documents except for the Indian passport.