+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
To receive OCI card and surrender certificate person need to be home or somebody on his behalf can receive document ? or its just put in mail box? Thanks in advance
other members here can help! I am still waiting for my OCI and surrender cert.
I believe they deliver to mailbox .

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
To receive OCI card and surrender certificate person need to be home or somebody on his behalf can receive document ? or its just put in mail box? Thanks in advance
It will be delivered by purolator. No need of signature, but it'll be delivered how you receive any packages today

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Purolator delivers the document to someone in-person based on my experience

BS9888

Oct 11, 2021
Hi, i mailed birth certificates of my canadian born kids to cgi Toronto for attestation. Cgi Toronto received mail on 21 oct 2021.does anybody has experience with this. How much time they take to mail back attested birth certificates ?.thanks

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Purolator delivers the document to someone in-person based on my experience
I received my surrender as any other courier. It guess depends on where you live. My condo reception accepts all packages on my behalf and I just get an alert of a new package from the building's systems. Only Canada post stuff goes into my mailbox

Reactions: canvisa13

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
I have submitted Indian passports to get surrender certificate issues, it is in progress , the current status is "Surrender Certificate Printed", Next step is to apply for OCI. Do I need to wait till I get my passports and surrender cert back before applying for OCI as I see the surrender certificate is an input for OCI, let me know if this is not the case. Thanks in advance.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I have submitted Indian passports to get surrender certificate issues, it is in progress , the current status is "Surrender Certificate Printed", Next step is to apply for OCI. Do I need to wait till I get my passports and surrender cert back before applying for OCI as I see the surrender certificate is an input for OCI, let me know if this is not the case. Thanks in advance.
I waited till I received the surrender certificate and cancelled passport and then applied for OCI.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
when did you apply for the Surrender certificate.
You can apply for OCI with surrender certificate application receipt. No need to wait for surrender certificate.
I applied both on same time.

Reactions: sharadsinha

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Hello everyone, my timeline is as seen below. Any idea, how long it takes to receive the OCI card? I am planning to book tickets for Nov'21 end or early Dec'21. Any thoughts?

Type: In-Person Walk-in (Brampton BLS)
Application Submitted: Sep 29, 2021
BLS "Processing at Consulate General":
ociservices.gov.in "Date Of Acknowledgment ": Oct 8, 2021
Document printing:
Dispatched from MEA (New Delhi):
Doc received at Toronto:
BLS website:
any luck? my timelines are same as yours. By now, you should have either received it or it must be showing OCI number issued

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
any luck? my timelines are same as yours. By now, you should have either received it or it must be showing OCI number issued
It usually takes 2 weeks from the date of submission to get acknowledgement and 3 weeks from acknowledgement to see the OCI number. In the case you quoted, the applicant received acknowledgement on October 8th (the acknowledgement was received a week earlier than expected). So, the OP might see their OCI number on the OCI portal either tomorrow or sometime next week.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hi,
I have not done anything by walk in, but yes we sent all our original on sept 24th 2021.
my date of acknowledgment is oct 8th 2021 as well
Online it is still showing Under process.
i live in Quebec, i dont know if that makes any sense.
Hoping to recieve my oci card next week.