+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aj.charan

May 20, 2019
Update: I went to BLS center to apply Regular Entry visa, since India has allowed visitor visa entries from 15th Nov.

Surrender Passport and OCI application date: 13th Oct
Regular Visa applied Date: 15th Oct
Regular Visa stamped and delivered: 25th Oct (Valid for 6 months, multiple entries)
Regular visa issue date: 21st Oct

Good turnaround of visa stamping in 7 days.

Happy to answer any questions, in case someone is waiting for OCI, and want to travel to India soon.
awesome, I was wondering the same thing, I am applying for my daughter OCI (citizen by birth) and have upcoming travel in mid-December 2021. The Canadian passport took too long to be issued. I will try for the regular entry visa as well since they are issuing regular entry visas is good news. I understand the validity is for a 6-month, multiple entries, How long can one stay on a regular entry visa? we are hoping for a 5-month stay.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
For submission?
dont we have to just book the tickets once we have the oci cards?
I don't understand what you are asking. In my previous post, I said expect it'll take at least 6 - 7 weeks from the date you submitted your OCI application to receive your OCI booklet.

Once you have your OCI booklet, you can book your tickets and fly.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
One query for OCI my place of birth is mentioned as BURDWAN WB in Indian passport but in Canadian Passport they printed like BURDWAN IND in OCI application shall I write what is printed in Canadian Passport
Indian Passport is issued by INDIA and has different format. They write CITY NAME , STATE CODE (WB). Canadian passport is issued by Canadian govt they use format like CITY NAME , COUNTRY CODE(IND). while filling OCI you don't have to follow any of these. You just have to write the name of your birth city i.e. "Burdwan" that's all.

Reactions: priysen02

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
awesome, I was wondering the same thing, I am applying for my daughter OCI (citizen by birth) and have upcoming travel in mid-December 2021. The Canadian passport took too long to be issued. I will try for the regular entry visa as well since they are issuing regular entry visas is good news. I understand the validity is for a 6-month, multiple entries, How long can one stay on a regular entry visa? we are hoping for a 5-month stay.
currently issued entry visa is for 3 months. As I was told by BLS Calgary.

The regular visitor visa is for 6 months.

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
Update: I went to BLS center to apply Regular Entry visa, since India has allowed visitor visa entries from 15th Nov.

Surrender Passport and OCI application date: 13th Oct
Regular Visa applied Date: 15th Oct
Regular Visa stamped and delivered: 25th Oct (Valid for 6 months, multiple entries)
Regular visa issue date: 21st Oct

Good turnaround of visa stamping in 7 days.

Happy to answer any questions, incase someone is waiting for OCI, and want to travel to India soon.
Hi,

So now you can travel to India with entry VISA and your surrender certificate and OCI card will be delivered at Canadian address while you in India? Is my understanding right?

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Indian Passport is issued by INDIA and has different format. They write CITY NAME , STATE CODE (WB). Canadian passport is issued by Canadian govt they use format like CITY NAME , COUNTRY CODE(IND). while filling OCI you don't have to follow any of these. You just have to write the name of your birth city i.e. "Burdwan" that's all.
Thanks so much

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Any suggestion please for the field National Identification Number . Do we need to write NA or keep blank or put Canadian Passport Number . Please help . Worst part is when I print the form this field doesn't even appear

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Any suggestion please for the field National Identification Number . Do we need to write NA or keep blank or put Canadian Passport Number . Please help . Worst part is when I print the form this field doesn't even appear
that’s correct- it won’t appear on form. It is optional so you should keep blank.

Reactions: priysen02

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
that’s correct- it won’t appear on form. It is optional so you should keep blank.
To receive OCI card and surrender certificate person need to be home or somebody on his behalf can receive document ? or its just put in mail box? Thanks in advance