+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mvrsingh416

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,
Would u able to guide me how this process works.
I just received my Canadian citizenship certificate so what would be the next step for India visa?
I mean first i need to surrender my Indian passport and then apply for OCI or i can complete these together… plz guide…thanks
Hi, you need to have a Canadian passport first, as its required to fill OCI application. So I would suggest to apply for it asap, as the first step.

The required checklist is available on BLs website for OCI, and yes you can complete surrender and OCI applications together

Reactions: rhi

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hello,

I also have some questions regarding the OCI card process.
We have submit all documents by courrier and online since September 24th 2021.
MY acknowledgment date is October 8th 2021.
On BLS tracking website - It appears UNDER-PROCESS.
Does anyone know how much longer it will take to get the card distpached?

I see a lot of post are from Toronto. But I live in Quebec.. would that make any difference?

Thanks,

chirag9331

Aug 7, 2013
is there any additional lines on OCI status enquiry page or it is still at “Document received at “
I assume there will additional status lines like documents dispatched after stamping etc..
No change on either status at OCI Enquiry or BLS.

BLS is at "(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)"
OCI Enquiry at Documents Received at Toronto on 20th OCt 2021

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hello,

I see a lot of post are from Toronto. But I live in Quebec.. would that make any difference?

Thanks,
You should get the update by November first week.

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi,
Would u able to guide me how this process works.
I just received my Canadian citizenship certificate so what would be the next step for India visa?
I mean first i need to surrender my Indian passport and then apply for OCI or i can complete these together… plz guide…thanks
You could apply both surrender application and OCI /entry visa application together. BLS just needs the Surrender application receipt.

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
is there any additional lines on OCI status enquiry page or it is still at “Document received at “
I assume there will additional status lines like documents dispatched after stamping etc..
The OCI status page remains the same. The BLS status will show the dispatch details (tracking number).

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Do we have to upload our marriage certificate when we apply as self? I didn’t upload it because it specifically said uploading of marriage certificate is applicable only for spouse based oci applicants. But the check list says attach if applicable. Is it going to be an issue?
Most of the applicants uploaded the marriage certificate in the application portal. And you need to submit self attested marriage certificate along with spouse passport. I am not sure if spouse landing papers are needed or not.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Do we have to upload our marriage certificate when we apply as self? I didn’t upload it because it specifically said uploading of marriage certificate is applicable only for spouse based oci applicants. But the check list says attach if applicable. Is it going to be an issue?
I had the same thought but I decided to upload the self attested copy anyway.
Better to provide it now than later (if they might ask) to avoid unnecessary delays

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello,

Thanks,
you should receive the OCI card by end of November

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hello,

Thanks,
Sometime in middle of November I would imagine. I submitted in person at BLS on Oct 6 - I imagine I would get it in my hands between November 20-30 if no issues

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Sometime in middle of November I would imagine. I submitted in person at BLS on Oct 6 - I imagine I would get it in my hands between November 20-30 if no issues
Normally as per people experience , we should get the oci card within 15 days after acknowledgment date.