Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I don't think so. My luggage will be checked in to the final destination (to Toronto). Instead of waiting airside at Heathrow, I'll complete immigration and customs, exit the airport, get the test done, get the report and re-enter the airport. I think that should be possible (or at least that's my train of thought).

Are you sure that the trip has to be in 2 separate tickets if I want to clear immigration and enter the country just for the covid test?
I think if you clear immigration to enter the country then to enter immigration again you will have to take your luggage out as you are not "transiting" anymore. I maybe wrong.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think if you clear immigration to enter the country then to enter immigration again you will have to take your luggage out as you are not "transiting" anymore. Usually after clearing immigration you directly head to baggage retrieval.
Well, if I don't have the luggage at all with me, how am I supposed to check-in the luggage? My luggage will be checked through to Toronto from India. I cannot retrieve my baggage in the UK. The airline will be holding the luggage in that case and they would send the luggage directly to the connecting flight, wouldn't they? I will only have my hand luggage with me.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Well, if I don't have the luggage at all with me, how am I supposed to check-in the luggage? My luggage will be checked through to Toronto from India. I cannot retrieve my baggage in the UK. The airline will be holding the luggage in that case and they would send the luggage directly to the connecting flight, wouldn't they? I will only have my hand luggage with me.
Yeah - also you will have your boarding pass for Heathrow to Toronto from Chennai itself. So yea you should be able to exit and re-enter without issue.

Actually now that I think about it - I can do pretty much the same at Dubai airport too or any place that has no visa requirements for Canadian passports

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

mvrsingh416

Oct 14, 2021
Did anyone apply for regular Indian visa while waiting for OCI ? If yes, can you provide the timelines for visa stamping and delivery ?
Update: I went to BLS center to apply Regular Entry visa, since India has allowed visitor visa entries from 15th Nov.

Surrender Passport and OCI application date: 13th Oct
Regular Visa applied Date: 15th Oct
Regular Visa stamped and delivered: 25th Oct (Valid for 6 months, multiple entries)
Regular visa issue date: 21st Oct

Good turnaround of visa stamping in 7 days.

Happy to answer any questions, incase someone is waiting for OCI, and want to travel to India soon.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
After getting this update on OCI status - how many days it takes to receive OCI booklet
Doc. Print Status "Processed" & Dispatched from MEA & Doc. Received at TOR

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Update: I went to BLS center to apply Regular Entry visa, since India has allowed visitor visa entries from 15th Nov.

Regular Visa stamped and delivered: 25th Oct (Valid for 6 months, multiple entries)

Happy to answer any questions, incase someone is waiting for OCI, and want to travel to India soon.
Thank you for sharing this update . I am guessing you haven’t received your surrender certificate yet . Did they ask for you any proof ?

Jyothi87

Oct 21, 2021
Please could someone help me. I am filling my 6 year old son’s oci application right now and I am stuck. I completed my application an hour ago and started my son’s. The question is it’s asking for a family member who applied for oci registration earlier.

Name and Relationship - I’ll type my name and mother

reference no - I know what goes there

date when applied - that’s today (only online)

place where applied - not sure what they mean by this

status is obviously “not granted”
Please help me complete this part on this question

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi All,

I am sending my OCI application to BLS Brampton center by Purolator , I am really confused if I have to send any of the original documents(COPR, Cancelled Indian Passport, Surrender Certificate ). I am including all the requested documents copy self attested. I have read many posts earlier where original received is mentioned in their OCI timeline. I don't want to miss by only sending photocopies and they would ask me again.
Could anyone please confirm?

Last edited:

mvrsingh416

Oct 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing this update . I am guessing you haven’t received your surrender certificate yet . Did they ask for you any proof ?
Correct, I didn’t receive the cert yet.
For entry visa application, just the surrender certificate submission receipt was sufficient.

As long as CGI knows that Indian passport has been surrendered and in-process, they are able to provide entry visa.

Reactions: ajit90

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Correct, I didn’t receive the cert yet.
For entry visa application, just the surrender certificate submission receipt was sufficient.

As long as CGI knows that Indian passport has been surrendered and in-process, they are able to provide entry visa.
Thank you .

Jyothi87

Oct 21, 2021
Do we have to upload our marriage certificate when we apply as self? I didn’t upload it because it specifically said uploading of marriage certificate is applicable only for spouse based oci applicants. But the check list says attach if applicable. Is it going to be an issue?

chirag9331

Aug 7, 2013
Got an update today. Application submitted at Brampton BLS on 15 September. In Process on OCI on 23 September.
I am unsure as to what "On" means in the 3rd column below. Or is it just "On date"? Anyone?

Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment23-SEP-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn20-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-OCT-2021
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-OCT-2021
I can track the status on Purolator using the CANT reference number now.

Reactions: maddy_m

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
I can track the status on Purolator using the CANT reference number now.
is there any additional lines on OCI status enquiry page or it is still at “Document received at “
I assume there will additional status lines like documents dispatched after stamping etc..

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon

Hi,
Would u able to guide me how this process works.
I just received my Canadian citizenship certificate so what would be the next step for India visa?
I mean first i need to surrender my Indian passport and then apply for OCI or i can complete these together… plz guide…thanks