+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
They are talking appointment. I went to BLS Brampton today. They were talking people who have booked an appointment first then people who didn't book appointment. I stand in the line for 4 hours and they closed at 2 PM without finishing everyone who was in line. Currently, For OCI - everything is full until Dec 15, 2021.
Go early in morning.. by 7 am. most probably you will get entry by 9am.

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
While filling the passport surrender form I saw in the BLS checklist it says 2 copies of the form need to be printed . Can any one pls confirm
That is only if you are applying for a Deemed Surrender Certificate, right? That is, if you have lost your Indian Passport(hence, they are deeming the submission of those two forms as a surrender of the lost Indian passport itself). Not the ordinary case, right?

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
That is only if you are applying for a Deemed Surrender Certificate, right? That is, if you have lost your Indian Passport(hence, they are deeming the submission of those two forms as a surrender of the lost Indian passport itself). Not the ordinary case, right?
My apologies yes you are correct I misread that part .

One more query for OCI document upload do we need to upload citizenship Cert as well or just submit the photocopy.

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
My apologies yes you are correct I misread that part .

One more query for OCI document upload do we need to upload citizenship Cert as well or just submit the photocopy.
I believe the Citizenship Certificate need not be uploaded on OCI document upload. Submitting copy of it in the application is fine. But my OCI is still under process, so better if someone else can confirm too.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Hi everyone, I submitted my OCI application today at BLS Brampton . Took 3Hrs 45 mins to get inside after reaching at 7 am
For all those who had a question regarding attestation of Marriage certificate by ODS and CGI ( Married in Ontario and wife is still Indian)
I did only self attestation of my marriage certificate and long form . They only asked if my wife was Indian at the time of marriage and asked for her passport copy. Hope this helps !

Reactions: Abhishek901

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
Hi,

Anyone applied for OCI at Brampton around 15 September and heard anything? My OCI Enquiry page is showing Date Of Acknowledgment as 23rd September and under process.
I just checked the OCI status page and I see that the document status is processed and OCI number is generated. Also it has been dispatched from MEA(New Delhi) and received at Toronto on 21 October(?).

Last edited:

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, I submitted my OCI application today at BLS Brampton . Took 3Hrs 45 mins to get inside after reaching at 7 am
For all those who had a question regarding attestation of Marriage certificate by ODS and CGI ( Married in Ontario and wife is still Indian)
I did only self attestation of my marriage certificate and long form . They only asked if my wife was Indian at the time of marriage and asked for her passport copy. Hope this helps !
I have also submitted my Surrender Application as well as OCI today at BLS Brampton too.

Reactions: ajit90