+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Anandh1983

Oct 13, 2021
Hello,

I am new to this forum. Need advice.

I have submitted by US born kid's OCI application on Sept 14th by Walk in Brampton. Below are the status from tracking.

OCI gov tracking -
Applicant Name*****************
File Reference Number*****************
Date Of Acknowledgment20-SEP-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

BLS tracking -
Application Details
Application Reference Number***********
Application Date2021-09-14
Applicant Name***********
Applicant Passport Number***********
Applicant Date of Birth***********
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Could you please let me know when i can expect the status change on both websites? I am planning to travel to India in November and holding on ticket booking because of this.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: sharadsinha

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I am new to this forum. Need advice.

I have submitted by US born kid's OCI application on Sept 14th by Walk in Brampton. Below are the status from tracking.

OCI gov tracking -
Applicant Name*****************
File Reference Number*****************
Date Of Acknowledgment20-SEP-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

BLS tracking -

Application Details
Application Reference Number***********
Application Date2021-09-14
Applicant Name***********
Applicant Passport Number***********
Applicant Date of Birth***********
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Could you please let me know when i can expect the status change on both websites? I am planning to travel to India in November and holding on ticket booking because of this.

Thank you in advance.
That was a really quick acknowledgement. Weird.

Anyway, OCI usually takes 6 weeks from the date of application to the delivery date. If you pickup, it'll shave a few days off.

So, I would expect you to receive your son's OCI booklet by the last week of October.

Reactions: Anandh1983

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
Finally received my kid's OCI this morning. Here's the timeline -

Walkin submitted at BLS Toronto - 27 Aug
Status update on OCI services tracking saying In process - 14 September
Document printing, Dispatched from MEA (New Delhi) and Doc received at Toronto - 6 October
OCI delivered via Purolator - 12 October

Thanks everyone for the inputs and best of luck for your applications! :)
Congratulations!

What are the size specifications for the digital photo and signature/thumb impression images?
I too am applying for my child, and have come across at least 3 types of specifications on different sources.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
It’s understand that travel to India needs RT-PCR 72 hours prior to fly to New Delhi ( Presently direct flight from Toronto to Delhi is only activated later Mumbai can be added) So I believe RT-PCR can easily be obtain from Canadian city as we are residing here and easily accessible.

But those traveling to India through Delhi are residents of various states and cities. Now looking to Patelboss valid question that on return he will fly from Ahmedabad to Delhi - Toronto and he has only 3- hours connecting time at Delhi Airport under such situation is it feasible to take RT- PCR from Ahmedabad airport or it is mandatory to get it from Delhi only.

This is what protocol he is raising. There are also travellers whose destinations are Surat or Baroda. Rs.500 charge for RT- PCR is immaterial here.

Can any one guide on this query.
Problem is that Canada only recognize "Genestrings Laboratory " at Delhi Airport. So better option for you will be to travel from Ahmedabad to Delhi on your own a day before. Get the test done and then fly to Toronto. I assume you have direct flight from Delhi to Toronto.

mk22072021

Sep 29, 2021
This timeline is just a reference for OCI miscellaneous applicants who are applying to change the passport particulars in the OCI after 20 years of age. My Initial OCI card was processed at New York CGI.

OCI Misc. Application

Type
: Postal(Toronto Consulate)
Application Submitted: Aug 16th, 2021
Received at BLS: Aug 18th, 2021
BLS "Under Process" & BLS "Processing at Consulate General": Aug 23, 2021
ociservices.gov.in "Under Process"
: Sep 2nd, 2021
Doc. Print Status "Processed" & Dispatched from MEA & Doc. Received at TOR: : Oct 05 2021
Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier: Oct 7th, 2021
Received OCI: Oct 8th, 2021

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
BLS at ottawa didnt take my surrender application and OCI application together. They asked me to submit passport surrender application and apply for OCI after receiving the surrender certificate. I ended up submitting only one. Will have to wait for now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I received my OCI booklet just now.

This ends the immigration process for me :) .
Okay, there's a problem. Some of the characters in the Machine Readable Zone are cut-off... Has anyone else experienced this problem? There are some letters not fully printed in the second line of the MRZ.

Last edited:

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
My daughters OCI (minor) has similar issue. I haven't given it much thought. Hopefully it's not an issue. Basically they have to type in the info at immigration instead of a quick swipe.

Okay, there's a problem. Some of the characters in the Machine Readable Zone are cut-off... Has anyone else experienced this problem? There are some letters not fully printed in the second line of the MRZ.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My daughters OCI (minor) has similar issue. I haven't given it much thought. Hopefully it's not an issue. Basically they have to type in the info at immigration instead of a quick swipe.
I have emailed and sent a DM on twitter to CGI Toronto to clarify this. Travel during Covid is already stressful and I do not want to take this risk. Let's see what they respond.

Reactions: DOD and maddy_m

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
OCI APPLICATION FOR MINOR- WINNIPEG
Walkin application on 02- Sept-2021
Acknowledgement- 15-SEPT- 2021.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On --- 08-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On - 08-OCT-2021
Doc received At Toronto- 08-OCT-2021

Application status on BLS website : (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

We're travelling on 4th November to India, I'm worried
Can someone tell how long will it take to receive OCI booklet at my delivery address in Winnipeg??
Will I be receiving any kind of tracking number in my mobile???? I have only 20 days to travel should I apply entry Visa if it doesn't come in time??
please help thanks,

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I received my OCI booklet just now.

This ends the immigration process for me :) .
Congrats on receiving your OCI. :)

Thank you so much for your well researched posts & all the help provided in this forum. Good luck on your future endeavors. :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Congratulations!

What are the size specifications for the digital photo and signature/thumb impression images?
I too am applying for my child, and have come across at least 3 types of specifications on different sources.
  • Kindly be ready with Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image (Max size 500kb).
    • The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
    • The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
    • The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 1500 pixels (height).
    • The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3.
    • The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
    • The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 500 pixels (height).
  • Check here on official website ( under Image Upload / Re-upload ) section
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome#:~:text=It is mandatory to upload Applicant's photograph and Applicant's signature,x 200 pixels (height).

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Problem is that Canada only recognize "Genestrings Laboratory " at Delhi Airport. So better option for you will be to travel from Ahmedabad to Delhi on your own a day before. Get the test done and then fly to Toronto. I assume you have direct flight from Delhi to Toronto.
I am planning to pay INR 3900 at delhi genstring lab as i only hv 3 hours connection time at delhi airport. The result of test comes in 45-60 mins as per them if we pay INR 3900

Reactions: sharadsinha