Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
Has anyone updated their child's passport recently using the new online only OCI miscellaneous process?
Yes I did using miscellaneous services passport updation. Fill out online details part A, upload photo and thumb print (for Minor). And fill out part B. It shows under processing. You don't need to print or submit to BLS. Just an online procedure. No fees to be paid.

Reactions: kulb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Yes I did using miscellaneous services passport updation. Fill out online details part A, upload photo and thumb print (for Minor). And fill out part B. It shows under processing. You don't need to print or submit to BLS. Just an online procedure. No fees to be paid.
I did the same about 2 weeks ago. Current status is: "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration." Is yours similar status?

I am wondering what to expect and how long before you receive a final update.

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I did the same about 2 weeks ago. Current status is: "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration." Is yours similar status?

I am wondering what to expect and how long before you receive a final update.
Mine shows this: Status
But my situation could be different. My child's OCI wasn't issued in Canada. It was issued in USA. Now my child is in Canada, Canadian Citizen and has Canadian Passport, while USA passport is expired and USA don't seem to respond when I requested US Embassy to renew USA passport. So now that my child's citizenship status changed (nationality), I tried to apply reissuance of OCI through Misc. services. BLS Brampton told me that they don't do that anymore until the kid reaches 20 years of age. They asked me to update passport particulars to be updated online. So I did, but when I did that the application was processed under New York office.

Currently it shows in process.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Mine shows this: Status
But my situation could be different. My child's OCI wasn't issued in Canada. It was issued in USA. Now my child is in Canada, Canadian Citizen and has Canadian Passport, while USA passport is expired and USA don't seem to respond when I requested US Embassy to renew USA passport. So now that my child's citizenship status changed (nationality), I tried to apply reissuance of OCI through Misc. services. BLS Brampton told me that they don't do that anymore until the kid reaches 20 years of age. They asked me to update passport particulars to be updated online. So I did, but when I did that the application was processed under New York office.

Currently it shows in process.
BLS is right that OCI card will not be reissued until after child turns 20 years old. Rules changed recently. You can read more about it here:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=140

For status update, I think you are checking by going to OCI Miscellaneous services and then Fill new miscellaneous application.

You can check the actual status on
https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Reactions: cnonline

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
BLS is right that OCI card will not be reissued until after child turns 20 years old. Rules changed recently. You can read more about it here:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=140

For status update, I think you are checking by going to OCI Miscellaneous services and then Fill new miscellaneous application.

You can check the actual status on
https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
This link: https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury only shows the status when the original OCI was issued by New York. It doesn't show anything new re. passport particulars update.

Thanks for the link: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=140

kulb

Feb 11, 2018

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
Status inquiry link works for me regarding passport particulars update when I input new passport number and new file reference number.
I tried using the new passport number, and the original file reference number, it shows no record.
I wonder how you got the new file reference number? Because when I updated passport particulars, I had to provide original file reference number, original passport & date of birth of minor. After updating the photo, thumb print & new passport copy, I got acknowledgement stating the original file reference number. My scenario could be different as my kid's original OCI was issued by CGI New York. I have requested CGI NY to shed some light on it. Their system is pretty neat (i.e. you request via online inquiry form and they respond within 1 business day...) hopefully I get a response tomorrow or so.

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I tried using the new passport number, and the original file reference number, it shows no record.
I wonder how you got the new file reference number? Because when I updated passport particulars, I had to provide original file reference number, original passport & date of birth of minor. After updating the photo, thumb print & new passport copy, I got acknowledgement stating the original file reference number. My scenario could be different as my kid's original OCI was issued by CGI New York. I have requested CGI NY to shed some light on it. Their system is pretty neat (i.e. you request via online inquiry form and they respond within 1 business day...) hopefully I get a response tomorrow or so.
Wow CGI New York is fast to respond. I already got their response:
He can travel on his existing OCI and current Canadian passport if you have uploaded the canadian passport details to the OCI portal.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.​
Thanks & Regards,
Consulate General of India
3 East 64th Street,
New York, NY.
Tel No. for all enquiries : +1 347-721-9243

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
The new file reference number was generated as I was going thru the process of providing new passport details and photo on OCI miscellaneous portal. It was there on almost every webpage including part A and part B. There was also an acknowledgement email containing the new reference number immediately after completion of part B.

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
The new file reference number was generated as I was going thru the process of providing new passport details and photo on OCI miscellaneous portal. It was there on almost every webpage including part A and part B. There was also an acknowledgement email containing the new reference number immediately after completion of part B.
Thank you once again. I was missing the new reference number. After looking at the auto email from CGI, I realized that it was a different (new) reference number. I was able to track on the status inquiry page using new passport and new reference number. It states: "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities".

Going back to your original inquiry, looks like you are about a week-2 week ahead of my application, so I will continue to watch the forum/my application status and will update. But thank you for providing real-time information.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Thank you once again. I was missing the new reference number. After looking at the auto email from CGI, I realized that it was a different (new) reference number. I was able to track on the status inquiry page using new passport and new reference number. It states: "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities".

Going back to your original inquiry, looks like you are about a week-2 week ahead of my application, so I will continue to watch the forum/my application status and will update. But thank you for providing real-time information.

My current status is: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.

My previous status was: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

Yes, I initiated this process 2 weeks ago.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
My current status is: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.

My previous status was: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

Yes, I initiated this process 2 weeks ago.
I requested CGI NY how long this would take to update the information on OCI portal (for my kid's profile). Below is what I received:

It Will Take Min 30 Days

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I requested CGI NY how long this would take to update the information on OCI portal (for my kid's profile). Below is what I received:

It Will Take Min 30 Days
Thanks for this information.

I checked my daughter's oci status and its still the same for me - under consideration. Gotta keep waiting I guess.

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Finally they are done with my daughter's OCI Application (Minor)

30-Jun-21: Sent via purolator.
02-Jul-21: Received at BLS.
09-Jul-21: BLS Tracking - underprocess
12-Jul-21: Processing at Consulate General
26-Jul-21: Under process at ociservices.gov.in
17-Aug-21: Document Printing Status: Processed
18-Aug-21: Dispatched From MEA(OCI) New Delhi
18-Aug-21: Document Received At Toronto
19-Aug-21: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
19-Aug-21: Passport Ready for Collection after OCI stamping
19-Aug-21: Purolator Tracking Number Updated under Additional Information.
20-Aug-21: OCI expected to delivered in Windsor ON