+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Oci Passport ready for collection after stamping from yesterday but no tracking number of purolator how to get one?

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
hey Guys... just thought i should confirm what i know about pickup. You don't need appointment to pickup the documents. as confirmed by the person when I submitted by walkin application. Also, you cannot pick up both surrender and OCI at the same time.

Pickup timing are from 3PM to 4.30PM only. and you will have no option to book appointment during that time online.

Both my applications are under process right now. So i paid only for surrender to be delivered by courier and pickup the OCI once ready.
Hope this helps.
Thanks that helps.

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
hey Guys... just thought i should confirm what i know about pickup. You don't need appointment to pickup the documents. as confirmed by the person when I submitted by walkin application. Also, you cannot pick up both surrender and OCI at the same time.

Pickup timing are from 3PM to 4.30PM only. and you will have no option to book appointment during that time online.

Both my applications are under process right now. So i paid only for surrender to be delivered by courier and pickup the OCI once ready.
Hope this helps.
Just confirmed walkin between 3-4:30 for pickup at Brampton

What document did you carry while picking the OCI card ? Copy or Original ?

TiA

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
We submitted our daughter's application via Purolator to BLS on the 20th of July. This is being processed at Toronto CG.
Documents were delivered to BLS on 21st of July.
I tracked application today and finally got an update:

Application Date2021-07-27
Applicant Name
Applicant Passport Number
Applicant Date of Birth
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

After reading some of the threads, I have a few questions/concerns:

- We only sent my address proof (Driving Licence copy)
- No originals were sent (Both parents are still Indian PP holders)
- We did not affix daughter's fingerprint on the application form. Just uploaded it online along with the photograph

Would we face rejection due to the points above?

A bit worried. Thank you.

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
We submitted our daughter's application via Purolator to BLS on the 20th of July. This is being processed at Toronto CG.
Documents were delivered to BLS on 21st of July.
I tracked application today and finally got an update:

Application Date2021-07-27
Applicant Name
Applicant Passport Number
Applicant Date of Birth
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

After reading some of the threads, I have a few questions/concerns:

- We did not affix daughter's fingerprint on the application form. Just uploaded it online along with the photograph

Would we face rejection due to the points above?

A bit worried. Thank you.
Need proof for both parents (as per CGI website) but other members have confirmed upthread that 1 sign worked for them.
Originals are not required at Toronto CGI
Its a dumb requirement anyways

Only issue i see is thumb impression but since BLS has forwarded the application the CGI, you should be good.
BLS is dumb but sure wont forward an incomplete application to CGI, because checking application for completeness is their job in the first place.
Most application get sent back by BLS they never see CGI office. So I believe, you should be good.

Reactions: viveks

Coolguy00

Feb 15, 2018
Oci Passport ready for collection after stamping from yesterday but no tracking number of purolator how to get one?
You can put application reference number that starts with cant**** in the Purolator website? If they did enter your info in the Purolator website, you will see it.

Reactions: .Aj

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, you cannot pick up both surrender and OCI at the same time.
Thank you for the info.

Would you know why one cannot pickup both at the same time? Is that just a bureaucratic blocker from BLS or an actual functional problem?

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just confirmed walkin between 3-4:30 for pickup at Brampton

What document did you carry while picking the OCI card ? Copy or Original ?

TiA
My applications are still in process. Will let you know once its done and pick up the documents.

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the info.

Would you know why one cannot pickup both at the same time? Is that just a bureaucratic blocker from BLS or an actual functional problem?
Not sure why. She just said that you cannot do that so i had to take one as courier. It could be possible that she just wanted me to take courier for one at least. Because the other reason she said is they only allow 3 people inside at a time, so in order to take as much people as they can... they cannot do both together. And I was like its okay. Better to say yes then argue at that point in time..

Also, Just FYI... "She input my DOB incorrect in the BLS System as well"... (My Nightmare when I saw that)

I figured that out when I checked status and the DOB is incorrect. All my documents and application is correct so didn't had any issue till now.. Still processing at CGI.

Already emailed and called to confirm.. No impact on the application.

• Wow
Reactions: savarana

Cecoct2017

Oct 13, 2017
Can someone please confirm the fees for surrender and OCI.

Bank Draft :
Surrender $129.40 BLS
OCI $345 CGI and $7.40 BLS

So in total we need 3 bank drafts if applying by mail

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
GUIDE TO AVOID EXPENSIVE USELESS PUROLATOR SERVICES

Many of us have already shared their experience of applying OCI and almost all application aspects are answered upthread. So, I am only sharing my experience where I made a postal OCI (minor) application and avoided Purolator totally. If you are pissed off at BLS for mandating and overselling Purolator to you, keep reading.

SENDING APPLICATION:

I used CanadaPost (registered mail) to send the OCI application. My application was delivered to BLS Brampton on 15th and was trackable on BLS website on 17th

I used registered post since my bank issues drafts for free but cancellation was chargeable so didn’t want to loose the drafts :p . Costed me around $14. You may choose to send using normal post for $1-$2 if your bank provides free cancellation or if you like more adventure.

My application had a interesting comment when i track it on BLS "Not paid for return courier "

(Random trivia: Called BLS to inquire if I can send application via CanadaPost. Agent said they wont accept any application if it is not sent via Purolator. Called again and the agent tried to explain how that will seriously delay my application since they don’t check their mail that frequently. I then simply told him that I don’t care if it that 1 year, I am not in hurry. I then asked him, forget about sending application tell me about pickup of OCI, can I pickup in person, to which he said clear NO and explained only walkin applicants can pickup in person and postal applicants won’t be allowed to pickup OCI in person, and that I will have to book Purolator. I then asked for return courier if I can send CanadaPost or any other courier’s return label to which he said no they wont use it and you guessed it right I will have to pay for Purolator. At that point I decided to play around with BLS. I decided not to pay for return courier and wanted to see what BLS does when they receive my kids OCI card, they sure can’t throw it away)

PICKING UP OCI:

When the status on BLS website says “Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping”, walkin to the BLS centre (without appointment). BLS Brampton had a time slot for walkin pickup from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Credit to @A019624 for the valuable info). I believe each BLS centre must have similar slot, please do inquire beforehand. If you are picking up OCI for a minor like I was, you should either go to BLS along with your spouse or you should carry and consent letter from your spouse authorizing you to pickup kids OCI. I believe they don’t accept auth/consent letter in cases other than kids since they had a memo on the notice board with said that person needs to pickup personally no auth/consent letter will be accepted.

(Random trivia: I had applied OCI for my 4 month old baby, I wasn’t sure what docs to carry because my kid wasn’t accompanying me and kids sure can’t authorised anyone, so I called BLS and inquired as to what docs do I need to carry, agent said carry Original ID, I asked only my ID is fine ? He said better carry kids too. So I carried my DL and kids Passport and guess what their info is wrong. BLS Brampton want a consent letter from my wife authorizing me to pick up our kids OCI. This important piece of info is nowhere to be seen on the website for obvious reasons. Although BLS Brampton was flexible enough to allow sending the auth letter scanned/photo to their email on the spot)

You may check my signature for timelines.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped my in the application process.

Cecoct2017

Oct 13, 2017
GUIDE TO AVOID EXPENSIVE USELESS PUROLATOR SERVICES

Many of us have already shared their experience of applying OCI and almost all application aspects are answered upthread. So, I am only sharing my experience where I made a postal OCI (minor) application and avoided Purolator totally. If you are pissed off at BLS for mandating and overselling Purolator to you, keep reading.

SENDING APPLICATION:

I used CanadaPost (registered mail) to send the OCI application. My application was delivered to BLS Brampton on 15th and was trackable on BLS website on 17th

I used registered post since my bank issues drafts for free but cancellation was chargeable so didn’t want to loose the drafts :p . Costed me around $14. You may choose to send using normal post for $1-$2 if your bank provides free cancellation or if you like more adventure.

My application had a interesting comment when i track it on BLS "Not paid for return courier "

(Random trivia: Called BLS to inquire if I can send application via CanadaPost. Agent said they wont accept any application if it is not sent via Purolator. Called again and the agent tried to explain how that will seriously delay my application since they don’t check their mail that frequently. I then simply told him that I don’t care if it that 1 year, I am not in hurry. I then asked him, forget about sending application tell me about pickup of OCI, can I pickup in person, to which he said clear NO and explained only walkin applicants can pickup in person and postal applicants won’t be allowed to pickup OCI in person, and that I will have to book Purolator. I then asked for return courier if I can send CanadaPost or any other courier’s return label to which he said no they wont use it and you guessed it right I will have to pay for Purolator. At that point I decided to play around with BLS. I decided not to pay for return courier and wanted to see what BLS does when they receive my kids OCI card, they sure can’t throw it away)

PICKING UP OCI:

When the status on BLS website says “Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping”, walkin to the BLS centre (without appointment). BLS Brampton had a time slot for walkin pickup from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Credit to @A019624 for the valuable info). I believe each BLS centre must have similar slot, please do inquire beforehand. If you are picking up OCI for a minor like I was, you should either go to BLS along with your spouse or you should carry and consent letter from your spouse authorizing you to pickup kids OCI. I believe they don’t accept auth/consent letter in cases other than kids since they had a memo on the notice board with said that person needs to pickup personally no auth/consent letter will be accepted.

(Random trivia: I had applied OCI for my 4 month old baby, I wasn’t sure what docs to carry because my kid wasn’t accompanying me and kids sure can’t authorised anyone, so I called BLS and inquired as to what docs do I need to carry, agent said carry Original ID, I asked only my ID is fine ? He said better carry kids too. So I carried my DL and kids Passport and guess what their info is wrong. BLS Brampton want a consent letter from my wife authorizing me to pick up our kids OCI. This important piece of info is nowhere to be seen on the website for obvious reasons. Although BLS Brampton was flexible enough to allow sending the auth letter scanned/photo to their email on the spot)

You may check my signature for timelines.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped my in the application process.
What bank gives free drafts? Mine charges $8

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
What bank gives free drafts? Mine charges $8
Its free if you are paying the banks $15 or $30 towards banking fee - F the banks !!