AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016

Jacks0001

Sep 10, 2020
Hello folks . I have question regarding my child oci application. I sent application via Purolator on 20th July 2021and while checking status from Purolator it’s says delivered on 22nd July . But when I checked online status it says no record found ?. Could please someone tell how to check online status of application and when I supposed to check. Thanks

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello folks . I have question regarding my child oci application. I sent application via Purolator on 20th July 2021and while checking status from Purolator it’s says delivered on 22nd July . But when I checked online status it says no record found ?. Could please someone tell how to check online status of application and when I supposed to check. Thanks
Allow it 2-3 days or even more before you can track it on BLS website...........first stauts will be "underprocess" then would change to "Processing at Consulate General" (for some it doesnt change to Processing and remains underprocess). After that based on your luck you would be able to track it on https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury after 2 days to 2 weeks. When you'll see OCI number on this website. Go back an start tracking BLS for the final status updates upto delivery.

You can see my status in signature to get an idea of time line.

Last edited:

Derekview

Mar 13, 2021
Hello

I am applying for OCI card, I am Canadian citizen previously I was holding Indian passport.

I just have one question,

My husband is in India he never been to Canada do I still need to provide his documents like passport copy, marriage certificate ?

Thank you
I had the same scenario. I gave spouses pssport copy marriage certificate copy with my signature and a letter from spouse saying that she has never landed in canada nor does she objects to me getting Oci.

May 25, 2021
Oci ready for collection as of today’s status on bls website but no tracking number (I have opted out for purolator drop of at home) will the update status with tracking number?
yes, I called them and they said you will see tracking number. They told me to expect Monday.

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hey guys, I have to update the address for my child OCI. I couldn't find any details on BLS website. or The OCI website ask us to go through miscellaneous services and choose address updation as the option, it will ask you name, passport number and new address but doesn't give any details after that.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I am travelling to India 10 August. Looking for reliable RT PCR lab in Brampton or Mississauga. Need result in 48 hours. Please share your experience if you have done or know the place for RT PCR

Cecoct2017

Oct 13, 2017
Hello I am going to apply for oci soon. Can I apply for both surrender and oci at the same time? What’s the process?
For OCI i have to fill the form online and send it to BLS?

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
Mission: Ottawa (minor application)
oci number: ******
date of submission: 29 june 2021 (walkin application)
date of acknowledgement: 01 july 2021
originals received : 7th july 2021
documents printing status: processed on 23 july 2021
dispatched from MEA (OCI) New delhi--------26 july 2021

how many days does it take to receive oci from now?? coz planning to go india on 11th august im hesitated to book the tickets

any help would be greatly appreciated
status got updated this morning document arrived at ottawa------29 july 2021

what will be the next steps to follow??
do we get tracking number when they dispatch for delivery ??

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For a walk-in application, would it help if we took an appointment for the pickup or does it not matter?

And can I pickup on behalf of all applicants or no?

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
For a walk-in application, would it help if we took an appointment for the pickup or does it not matter?

And can I pickup on behalf of all applicants or no?
I am in similar situation. Didnt pay for return courier for my postal application. but did book an appointment for 30-Jul as backup. Although i still doubt they will allow inperson pickup for a postal application. Lets see what happens, I am not in hurry for OCI :p

If I were you, I would try direct walkin and also book whatever earliest date I can get as backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: savarana

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you surrendered in person and didnt pay for return courier. Did they email you when original docs were ready for collection or you just followed the online tracking ? Also did you book an appointment for picking up the originals from BLS or just walkin ?

How abt your OCI ?

I was so pissed at BLS that I had sent the OCI (No surrender) application via CanadaPost and did not pay for return courier either. My application status changed to "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping" and am just wondering what next ??

My application status on BLS has a nice comment saying "Not paid for return courier " :D
Haha, you're savage. I love what you did.

I'm using the online tracking to check on the status. It looks like the passport surrender application is close to finish, while OCI says "Processing at Consulate General" still. It's been about 20 days since applying by walk-in.

I'm going to take an appointment for 20th August assuming all my applications will be ready by then.

I wonder what happens if you don't go pick up your surrendered passports while you wait for the OCI cards to be ready for pick up.

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......

I'm using the online tracking to check on the status. It looks like the passport surrender application is close to finish, while OCI says "Processing at Consulate General" still. It's been about 20 days since applying by walk-in.

I'm going to take an appointment for 20th August assuming all my applications will be ready by then.

I wonder what happens if you don't go pick up your surrendered passports while you wait for the OCI cards to be ready for pick up.
They'll be helpless if you dont pick any original doc from their centre.

One frnd of mine followed my way and sent application using Canada post and didnt pay for return courier, unfortunately his application had issues and was returned but guess what BLS shipped it back via Purolator for free.

Last edited:

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hey Guys... just thought i should confirm what i know about pickup. You don't need appointment to pickup the documents. as confirmed by the person when I submitted by walkin application. Also, you cannot pick up both surrender and OCI at the same time.

Pickup timing are from 3PM to 4.30PM only. and you will have no option to book appointment during that time online.

Both my applications are under process right now. So i paid only for surrender to be delivered by courier and pickup the OCI once ready.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: .Aj