+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Finally I am able to track my OCI application on BLS website and it says underprocess ?

What does it means ..is it with BLS under process or with CGI ? Does anybody know ?

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Went to submit my Surrender+OCI forms. It's like visiting a passport office in India. Mayhem.

One line for walk-ins. That shit's going to take forever.

One "line" that is not a line for those with appointments and those returning with missing docs or photos or what-have-yous.

The security guard is dual purpose like in a typical Indian govt office. Poor guy's gonna go mad dealing with covid distancing + BLS madness. He's not super polite but isn't rude either. Efficient at what he's doing.

We missed mother's name in my application so I had to redo the forms, get them printed at the BLS center (0.50cents per page) call my wife, get it re-signed etc.

A lot of the forms mentioned online aren't even taken. So much of it was returned to me as unnecessary.

The lady by default added 129+35$ so I was staring at 330$ on the machine. I asked it's "129+ what" and she silently said "Courier charges". I had to convince her to get rid of it. It's ridiculous because there's a poster mentioned "VAS + Courier optional", and that she never bothered to even ask me.

I wonder how many just go with it anyway. I saved 70$ (two applicants) on Surrender application by refusing courier service. Unsure how much for OCI courier. Probably another 70$.
So can you pls let me know the actual documents needed as I called BLS many times and got different answers . One said just photo copy of marriage certificate attested by you is enough other said it must have both u and your husband's signature . I am a single applicant of surrender and OCI . Any guidance is greatly appreciated

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So can you pls let me know the actual documents needed as I called BLS many times and got different answers . One said just photo copy of marriage certificate attested by you is enough other said it must have both u and your husband's signature . I am a single applicant of surrender and OCI . Any guidance is greatly appreciated
As is usual with Indian bureaucracy, the answer is "it depends". In our case, the lady considered ours a family application and only took one photocopy of the marriage certificate. Only one of us had signed that photocopy and that didn't seem to matter.

I highly recommend walk-in if you didn't find an appointment, and if you're within driving distance of one of the BLS centers. Take photocopies of everything and go overboard, vs having to go back home or come back another day. Avoiding the back and forth is why I didn't go for the mail-in application.

Also, the lady never bothered to look at any originals, but another agent might.

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
As is usual with Indian bureaucracy, the answer is "it depends". In our case, the lady considered ours a family application and only took one photocopy of the marriage certificate. Only one of us had signed that photocopy and that didn't seem to matter.

I highly recommend walk-in if you didn't find an appointment, and if you're within driving distance of one of the BLS centers. Take photocopies of everything and go overboard, vs having to go back home or come back another day. Avoiding the back and forth is why I didn't go for the mail-in application.

Also, the lady never bothered to look at any originals, but another agent might.
Thanks a lot for the details . I will go for a walk in

legolas117

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hi all,

I'm filling out OCI application for a minor born outside India and ran into a couple of questions. Note that we will be submitting our applications together as a family (father, mother and baby who is 6-months old).

1. Should parents be attesting copies of documents for minors? Or should we ask our 6-month old to leave a thumb impression?

2. How do we provide proof of address for the minor?

3. In the checklist, under "Additional Documents", it is given that both parents should submit documents such as Canadian passports, landing papers, birth certificate, etc. Are these to be submitted in original? I'm a bit concerned about submitting originals especially Canadian passport and birth certificates. Just want to double check here.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi all,

I'm filling out OCI application for a minor born outside India and ran into a couple of questions. Note that we will be submitting our applications together as a family (father, mother and baby who is 6-months old).

1. Should parents be attesting copies of documents for minors? Or should we ask our 6-month old to leave a thumb impression?

3. In the checklist, under "Additional Documents", it is given that both parents should submit documents such as Canadian passports, landing papers, birth certificate, etc. Are these to be submitted in original? I'm a bit concerned about submitting originals especially Canadian passport and birth certificates. Just want to double check here.
1. Attest copy only by parents no child thumb impression on copies… but in application form they need real thumb impression so buy ink pad for that
2. For proof of address one of parents driving license is fine
3. Nothing original by post. In person they might ask original

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Info by @Cp2711 is correct except for the address proof of minor. As per CGI Toronto website, you need to provide address proof of BOTH the parents.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

rock_r4

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO transfered to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Application recieved on 29-09-2014
Nomination.....
PER recieved on 06-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
26-02-2015 to warsaw
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
08-05-2015.. medicals uploaded on 14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU updated on 10-06-2015, DM 20-06-2015
Passport Req..
6/7/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Got Passport back on 22/7/2015
LANDED..........
By Mid of August
Wanted to know about timelines:
1. Does timeline for Surrender and OCI together is same
2. Timeline for Only OCI
I have submitted postal application to BLS and they received it on 7th July. But still shows no record found in BLS website.

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Wanted to know about timelines:
1. Does timeline for Surrender and OCI together is same
2. Timeline for Only OCI
I have submitted postal application to BLS and they received it on 7th July. But still shows no record found in BLS website.
1)5- 6 weeks for OCI and 8-9 weeks for surrender .

2) OCI Family Application sent : 30th June
Received at BLS : 2nd July
Trackable on BLS : 9th July as under process status
Status Update on BLS Website as Processing at Consulate General : 12 July
Still not trackable on OCI website