+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Could anyone please clarify the following: can we both surrender our Indian Passport AND apply for OCI at the same time?

Yes

Shall we make two separate drafts for them or shall we make a single draft?

Separate drafts for Surrender and OCI

should we place all forms/documents within one application package?

Yes, AFAIK

Thanks in advance.

Read this post to know more. For the draft amount, refer BLS website (do NOT use the draft amounts used in the linked post).

Reactions: jeff299

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
hello please can anyone help me on
  1. how to apply OCI and how to cancel the Indian passport.
  2. Can I do both at a same time and what is the process.
  3. We are a family application. Can all the family apply at Sametime
  4. Is IN person applications are open in Toronto

Last edited:
May 31, 2021
05 May ------ Delivered to BLS by Puraltor
12 May ------ BLS Application status "Processing at Consulate General"
18 May ------ OCI Date Of Acknowledgment and Application Status "UNDER-PROCESS"
08 June ------ OCI Number "XXXXX"
08 June ------ Documents Printing Status "PROCESSED"
08 June ------ Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) "NEW DELHI"
08 June ------ Document received At "TORONTO"
10 June ------ Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping

i have paid for pick and drop to courier service.
11 June ------ Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping

i have paid for pick and drop to courier service.
Purolator delivery take how many days ?

Last edited:

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Can someone please help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can someone please help
People tend to respond to posts if they can see that the person asking questions has done at least a minimal amount of research and is asking questions based on that research. Posting questions without doing any research whatsoever might not fetch you many replies. A very quick google search would have answered all your questions. Instead, you not only chose to post extremely basic questions but also bumped the post up!!

Anyway, I'll try to guide you in the right path this time around. Next time, please do at least basic level of research before posting questions as a token of respect to other people's time. Thank you!

You can start here for the documents needed(IGNORE the fees mentioned in that post. Fees have changed after that post was made). This post is only an example and is for the Toronto jurisdiction. The documents and the process might slightly vary based on your location.

You should also read the information about surrender and the OCI process on the BLS website to get an understanding on how the entire process works and jurisdiction-specific information.

To answer your questions briefly:

1. Read the content above
2. Yes (and again, read the content above)
3. Yes
4. Yes (Walk-in by appointment ONLY)

Last edited:
May 25, 2021
Welcome to Hell !!
After spending almost 1 month reading posts, actual experiences, checklist etc etc etc.
I have to say its a complete nonsense, Online forms, BLS employees expectations from forms, papers.
It seems like a monkey business now after what I have gone through.
I heard complaints before but now I cannot explain what I went through.

• Sad
Reactions: savarana

ravi12

Jan 4, 2013
Hello Guys,

I got my application back due to Photo not having a white background, I called the call centre they said send the same application back with new 105$ for Purolator, I said I used only 1 send and 1 return, They are saying mail some CCbls international and we will try to return your money.

BLS INTERNATIONAL IS A SCAM, PLEASE BE CAREFULL.. THEY are returning application due to PHOTO AND ASKING ME TO SEND THE SAME APPLICATION BACK with SAME PHOTO and PAY 105 $ for NEW PACKAGE.

BLS INTERNATIONAL IS A SCAM

PLS BE CAREFUL THEY ARE PITCHING "PEOPLE WILL LOOSE YOUR DOCUMENTS IF YOU USE ANY OTHER SERVICE OTHER THAN PUROLATOR". I HOPE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE

SO THEY ARE RETURNING 50 percent of APPLICATIONS , ie 250 application Daily If we calculate the commission it's 5 dollars each application 5*250 = 1250$ * 20(Monthly) = 25000$.

PLEASE BOOK PUROLATOR YOURSELF to L6X 4X7 it's cheaper by 10$ so 30 $ for 3 packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaydipdave

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Guys,

I got my application back due to Photo not having a white background, I called the call centre they said send the same application back with new 105$ for Purolator, I said I used only 1 send and 1 return, They are saying mail some CCbls international and we will try to return your money.

BLS INTERNATIONAL IS A SCAM, PLEASE BE CAREFULL.. THEY are returning application due to PHOTO AND ASKING ME TO SEND THE SAME APPLICATION BACK with SAME PHOTO and PAY 105 $ for NEW PACKAGE.

From the posts here, they seem to have a broken workflow and inefficient procedures. It is not fair to return everything when all they wanted was a different photo. But, I guess there is no other way, we'll have to put up with them because the Government of India has chosen them as the third party for submitting OCI / Surrender applications to the consulate.

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

PLS BE CAREFUL THEY WILL PITCHING PEOPLE WILL LOOSE YOUR DOCUMENTS IF YOU USE ANY OTHER SERVICE OTHER THAN PUROLATOR. I WOULD SUGGEST PLEASE USE CANADAPOST FOR HALF THE RATE. REST IS YOUR DECISION.
Yaa, somethings fishy between Purolator and BLS.
I called in to inquire if i can send via CanadaPost and include return label. They simply said use Purolator as post will delay application and gave no clear answer if return label is acceptable. I even asked can i pick in person and they said since its a postal application we wont allow in person pickup.

I am in no hurry for OCI for my new born, so sent application via CanadaPost. Neither included return label nor paid for Purolator drop off. Let's see how thing turn out. I believe i will have to pay for Purolator drop off eventually.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

PLS BE CAREFUL THEY ARE PITCHING "PEOPLE WILL LOOSE YOUR DOCUMENTS IF YOU USE ANY OTHER SERVICE OTHER THAN PUROLATOR". I WOULD SUGGEST PLEASE USE CANADAPOST or FEDEX or UPS. I HOPE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE

SO THEY ARE RETURNING 50 percent of APPLICATIONS , ie 250 application Daily If we calculate the commission it's 5 dollars each application 5*250 = 1250$ * 20(Monthly) = 25000$.
Which background colour did you use in photo?

May 25, 2021
Hi guys,
My son's OCI application is coming back :(
can some one explain what does this mean?
Document Details
#​
Document​
1One canadian address must be mentioned
2One indian address must be mentioned
3other common errors
Remark:-Dear applicant, your incomplete/ incorrect application is being sent back because of the following reason/s : • address on indian address doesn’t match with current address on application and no additional canadian proof provided. <son's name> • canadian address on passport doesn’t match on indian. <father's name>• address on indian address doesn’t match with current address on application. we are sending back the following original documents: • draft
yes same kind of idiotic, useless , pointless , stressful hurdles. There are no clear instructions anywhere. You just have to keep on shooting in the dark.
I have done USA green card, Canada PR card applications. 25 times easier than this.

Reactions: savarana

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
yes same kind of idiotic, useless , pointless , stressful hurdles. There are no clear instructions anywhere. You just have to keep on shooting in the dark.
I have done USA green card, Canada PR card applications. 25 times easier than this.
Are you immigration agent? Do you apply for green card?

ravenish

May 22, 2021
I am ready to submit my hard copy documents for OCI. I am arranging through BLS Purolator pickup and drop-off service that is charging me for 1 pickup and 2 dropoffs (1 dropoff for original documents and next for the OCI card)

Do I still have to include a courier fee along with the BLS bank draft for 7.4$? It doesnt make sense as I will already be paying for this