+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys, I've got a question. It would be great if someone can help.

If the address on the Indian passport is no longer the address of residence in India (family no longer lives there), how do we go about applying for OCI? Does the "Indian Address" mentioned in the passport have to be the same as the current address in India that we mention in the OCI application form?

Going to India just for renewal of passport to reflect the current residential address in India and then applying for OCI sounds beyond ridiculous.

Thank you.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021
Hey even mine is same date. Lets keep each other updated about any change.
This is my current status.
What is next ?
guys please forecast me for next steps

05 May ------ Delivered to BLS by Puraltor
12 May ------ BLS Application status "Processing at Consulate General"
18 May ------ OCI Date Of Acknowledgment and Application Status "UNDER-PROCESS"
08 June ------ OCI Number *****
08 June ------ Documents Printing Status "PROCESSED"
08 June ------ Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) "NEW DELHI"
08 June ------ Document received At "TORONTO"

patel55

Jun 19, 2017
Hey guys i have a question.

Me and my wife are Permanent resident in canada and want to apply OCI for our 6 month old child. So i had gathered all the docs but my PR card is expired and i have already applied for renewal a month ago and still it will take around 2 months for me to get my ner PR card. SO can i apply for OCI with an expired PR card.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello guys,

I am applying OCI for my 3 month old, who will be leaving to India next week with her mother on a 6 month entry visa. We are planning to stay longer than 6 months, hence we were advised to apply for OCI card in the meanwhile. I just wanted to know, if I have to submit any Original documents during any step of the OCI application?

The plan is to courier to OCI card to India, once I receive it here in Canada. Any help will be much appreciated.
I am in same boat… don’t send original they never ask original I called them today…I have to apply for visitor visa for my son…is it entry visa or tourist visa because I couldn’t find option tourist in regular visa application form online..let me know the procedure and processing time

May 31, 2021
What is next ?

guys please share your knowledge, my OCI status is not getting updated after the above dates.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
I am applying for OCI for my new born and want to avoid Purolator pickup and dropoff service.

If I send the OCI application to BLS Brampton via canada post (trackable), what options do I have for the delivery of OCI card when its ready ? In person pickup, prepaid shipping label and if nothing works purolator dropoff service.

Called BLS customer care and they just say one thing, Canada post may delay your process please opt for purolator pickup and drop service blah blah.

If someone had tried it, please guide.

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What is next ?

I think its 8 june only for documents printing status. It will updates dates of dispatched from MEA and documents recieved at toronto once that happens. There is no dates in the last 2lines.

May 31, 2021
08 June ------ OCI Number "XXXXX"
10 June ------ Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping

i have paid for pick and drop to courier service.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hey Guys,
Does any one has experience with applying for OCI for foreign spouse?
Also can I take my original documents and OCI application to consulate general of India directly instead of going through BLS?
Hi, I am interested in this as well. Have you managed to get OCI for your foreign spouse? As I understand it, one is lonly eligible after crossing 2 year point of marriage.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi Hari,
BLS complaint: servicehq.canada@blsinternational.net
Consulate: consec.toronto@mea.gov.in
FYI: I haven't heard any thing back yet from either of them. Following was my complaint:

Hello Consular,
I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing as a highly frustrated consumer, who is really fed up with BLS service and failure on their part to take accountability. I am writing to you in hopes that I can find a way where my reasonable concerns will be heard and resolved.

My wife had availed BLS service almost 4 times in last few years and they have shipped my packages to wrong addresses every single time. My concerns with BLS brampton:
- I was forced (given no choice, I had to accept) to avail courier service every single time even when i declined it and willing to travel to receive my package by hand. When i confronted them about the packages send to wrong addresses, they try to put blame back on me stating "Mistake made on my side for putting wrong address on my applications" which is not true. I can produce evidence of my applications submitted which has addresses on them. When told that I can produce evidence that its a mistake made on their part, then they start making excuses.

- I called on Nov 28, 2019 around 4:00 pm to BLS customer service requested to talk to manager after my package send to wrong address (this is the fourth time and second time in last one month). They hang up on me 4 times and then didn't respond to my call. Finally, after 45 mins someone received my call again then I was told that manager has left for the day.

- I was told every single time by BLS to pay extra for re-routing courier or forget about it even when its mistake on BLS part. This includes the conversation I had with the gentleman on Nov 28, 2019 telling me that I have to make extra payment to get my package re-routed.

- BLS charges me almost $35 for local courier each time and $70 for OCI and then I had to pay extra every time either in terms of money or extra time spend trying to kind my package. As, you might know that local courier services do not cost more than $15 for same day shipping and BLS is charging almost $30-$35 depending upon application type, this is a total rip off and complete lack of respect towards customers.During my last visit, I asked for detailed payment receipt, the front desk totally refused to give me the receipt which should have description of each service charged separately, instead gave me a single debit machine receipt with one single amount and no description of any of the charges.

We are highly frustrated right now, and had no choice but to turn to Indian Consulate for such a lack of respect, co-operation, service, accountability and no solution provided on BLS part. I am not writing to get my money back but to hold them responsible for the stuff I had to go through and have seen during my visits at BLS Brampton.

I hope there are procedures in place which hold BLS accountable for these kind of irresponsible behavior. Indian consulate is using BLS as their outsourcing agent for so many services, there has to be a better way to provide customer service. I hope to get a concrete response back with the action taken in regards to my complaint against BLS. I am willing to provide any evidence if required as I have saved copies and payment receipts from BLS.

Regards
Davinder Pal Singh
On behalf of all of us exploited by BLS, thankyou for sending this. Did you receive any response?

jeff299

May 24, 2021
Hi,

Could anyone please clarify the following: can we both surrender our Indian Passport AND apply for OCI at the same time?
Shall we make two separate drafts for them or shall we make a single draft?
should we place all forms/documents within one application package?

Thanks in advance.