+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Any hints on the timeline to receive Canada Passport by mail processing? Can i surrender Indian Passport & OCI before getting Canada Passport ?
Any hints on the timeline to receive Canada Passport by mail processing? 2 to 4 weeks

Can i surrender Indian Passport & OCI before getting Canada Passport ? No you can't.

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Hi Everyone,
can you please confirm the fees for following
1. Passport submission
2. OCI card

I took 129.40 draft for passport surrender and 345+7.40 for OCI as per bls website but in the blog I see different numbers

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,
can you please confirm the fees for following
1. Passport submission
2. OCI card

I took 129.40 draft for passport surrender and 345+7.40 for OCI as per bls website but in the blog I see different numbers
Drafts which you have are correct.

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for confirming Ani. I have one more question. on the OCI checklist for minor, who should sign the check list bottom? child thumb impression or parent?
Np. I am not sure of a minor form but as far as I remember , parent can sign . Thumb impression of child is required in OCI form only. But somebody who has done it recently will be able to confirm from the group.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Hello guys,

I am applying OCI for my 3 month old, who will be leaving to India next week with her mother on a 6 month entry visa. We are planning to stay longer than 6 months, hence we were advised to apply for OCI card in the meanwhile. I just wanted to know, if I have to submit any Original documents during any step of the OCI application?

The plan is to courier to OCI card to India, once I receive it here in Canada. Any help will be much appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello guys,

I am applying OCI for my 3 month old, who will be leaving to India next week with her mother on a 6 month entry visa. We are planning to stay longer than 6 months, hence we were advised to apply for OCI card in the meanwhile. I just wanted to know, if I have to submit any Original documents during any step of the OCI application?

The plan is to courier to OCI card to India, once I receive it here in Canada. Any help will be much appreciated.
From the posts I have seen, I don't think you'll be sending any original document if you are applying for OCI for a child born in Canada (was never an Indian citizen). Check the documents required section on the BLS website (might differ depending on the region you reside).

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ocihome.php

Good luck!

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Hi All,

Do we have to include a photograph with the OCI application? Or, will the copy of the photograph uploaded online suffice?

Thanks!

MMF

Dec 17, 2015
Hello!

I am in the process of applying of OCI card. My wife is still a PR and will get her citizenship in few years. Do I need to upload and submit her marriage certificate, wife passport and landing paper when I am applying for OCI ?

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Hello Guys,

I was trying to upload supportin documents for OCI for my child, born in Canada. The only requitested documents that I find on the upload page are

1) Current Passport
2) Indian origin Proof
3) Indian VIsa
4) Realation Certificate

Am I not supposed to upload Address confirmation, Parents PR/Landing papers , parents Marriage certificate etc on the oci website?

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Hey when did u apply for visitor visa? Are the visitor visa or e-visa currently open? How many days did it take for the visitor visa? I am planning to apply for my child too.

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys,
My son's OCI application is coming back :(
can some one explain what does this mean?
Document Details
#​
Document​
1 One canadian address must be mentioned
2 One indian address must be mentioned
3 other common errors
Remark:- Dear applicant, your incomplete/ incorrect application is being sent back because of the following reason/s : • address on indian address doesn’t match with current address on application and no additional canadian proof provided. <son's name> • canadian address on passport doesn’t match on indian. <father's name>• address on indian address doesn’t match with current address on application. we are sending back the following original documents: • draft