+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Ready for collection shows on the BLS website. It showed up for me one business day after my documents were printed and processed at MEA.
The CGI website doesn't change after the last line "Document received at Toronto".
Thank you. CGI website is showing Document received at Toronto today. So will wait till tomorrow or Thursday to see if it reflects on BLS website.

Avinash007

Aug 3, 2018
Hello Friends,

Here is my timeline with my Daughter's OCI application

Application Type: Postal
Jurisdiction/BLS Location: Toronto / Brampton
Shipped through Purolator: Feb. 12, 2021
Delivered to BLS brampton: Feb 13, 2021
Acknowledgment from BLS(e-mail): Did not recieve
Application status @ BLS website : Application Date - Feb 23, 2021
Acknowledgment at (ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Mar 2, 2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Mar 22, 2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Mar 23, 2021
Document received at Toronto On Mar 23, 2021
Application status @ BLS website : Passport ready for Dispatch after OCI stamping - Mar 24. 2021

Awaiting for OCI delivery to home.

Just wanted to thank you all for your posts and experiences. All the information in the websites and checklists are there but it is all of your posts here which gives better clarity.

Reactions: sydcarton

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Update on my OCI application:
Shipped: Feb. 3, 2021
Delivered: Feb 4, 2021
Acknowledgment from BLS(e-mail): Feb 12, 2021
Acknowledgment at embassy(ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Mar 2, 2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Mar 22, 2021.

Dispatched from MEA: Mar 23, 2021
Document Received at Toronto: Mar 23, 2021
Ready for Dispatch: Mar 24
Received OCI at home : Mar 25

Surrender Certificate:
Applied with OCI. Still under process.

Reactions: ankushsharma

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
For postal application of oci of child born in Canada can anyone list the documents which photocopy and original we have to submit?
And should we leave blank on applicant signature?

azam147

Mar 2, 2015
Hello Friends,

Here is my timeline with my Daughter's OCI application

Application Type: Postal
Jurisdiction/BLS Location: Toronto / Brampton
Shipped through Purolator: Feb. 12, 2021
Delivered to BLS brampton: Feb 13, 2021
Acknowledgment from BLS(e-mail): Did not recieve
Application status @ BLS website : Application Date - Feb 23, 2021
Acknowledgment at (ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Mar 2, 2021
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Mar 22, 2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Mar 23, 2021
Document received at Toronto On Mar 23, 2021
Application status @ BLS website : Passport ready for Dispatch after OCI stamping - Mar 24. 2021

Awaiting for OCI delivery to home.

Just wanted to thank you all for your posts and experiences. All the information in the websites and checklists are there but it is all of your posts here which gives better clarity.
Is OCI stamping mandatory on our Canaian passport? they did not ask me for the original passport when I apllied, will I have to get it stamped later?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Is OCI stamping mandatory on our Canaian passport? they did not ask me for the original passport when I apllied, will I have to get it stamped later?
Nope. You just get an OCI booklet, no need for a stamp of any kind on your CDN passport.

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
For postal application of oci of child born in Canada can anyone list the documents which photocopy and original we have to submit?
And should we leave blank on applicant signature?
You will need put in thumb print of the child in applicant signature. Photocopy or original depends on where you are sending it from. For eg. The Brampton location will not need original document.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You will need put in thumb print of the child in applicant signature. Photocopy or original depends on where you are sending it from. For eg. The Brampton location will not need original document.
Thanks do you have simplified checklist because bls checklist is confusing in adults and minors

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
And why is that person from Brampton doesn’t need to send original and person from Saskatoon need to send original?

Payal Garg

Mar 26, 2021
I just received my Canadian Passport, but need to go to India in emergency. I cannot wait for the surrender and then OCI. is there a faster method to travel? I am from Toronto