+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Can you please post your timeline starting walk-in at brampton?
I am also planning for a walk- in at brampton.
Just want to see how much time it takes in total.
thanks
Below are the details:
Walked in BLS Brampton on 28th Sept.
Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2020
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 20-OCT-2020
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 21-OCT-2020
Document received At TORONTO On 21-OCT-2020

OCI delivered by purolator today ( 23-OCT-2020). Waiting for the cancelled Indian passport.

The OCI Status on BLS Website is showing as "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" while that of the Passport is "Processing at Consulate General"

All the best for your application.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Below are the details:

OCI delivered by purolator today ( 23-OCT-2020). Waiting for the cancelled Indian passport.

The OCI Status on BLS Website is showing as "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" while that of the Passport is "Processing at Consulate General"

Thanks. Took 25 days for your OCI. That is very good.

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Below are the details:

Hi,

I am going to apply for OCI soon but am very frustrated by the insufficient and over-complicated instructions posted online. Could you please help me understand if I can take the printed application forms and required attachments and do a walk-in submission of the application.?
I would rather have them return my application on the spot by telling me what I did wrong then waiting for a month or more to get a response for the same.
Thanks

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

I am going to apply for OCI soon but am very frustrated by the insufficient and over-complicated instructions posted online. Could you please help me understand if I can take the printed application forms and required attachments and do a walk-in submission of the application.?
I would rather have them return my application on the spot by telling me what I did wrong then waiting for a month or more to get a response for the same.
Thanks
You have to first fill up the form online and register for OCI. This step when completed successfully will basically give you an OCI application form filled with your information with a QR code and application number. Along with this filled up form you can then submit the required documents to BLS.

Due to covid the situation may change, as I did not require an appointment when I submitted but people after that have reported about requiring an appointment even for a walk-in. So please check if you require an appointment with BLS before doing a walk-in .

Use the below link to fill in the OCI application online.
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome
  1. First you will have to fill in the OCI registration form(Part A) using the New OCI registration option. The registration form (2 pages) will need your personal details, passport details, parents details and occupational details. At this stage you will get a temporary reference number that can be used to retrive the form and fill it later from this stage onwards.
  2. Then you will be required to upload your photograph and signature to proceed to Part B of the form.
  3. Then upload the supporting documents like passports (indian and canadian), citizenship certificate
  4. Download the OCI application form. This form will have your photograph that was uploaded in the previous step, QR Code and File reference number. Sign it and along with the required documents and fees apply at BLS.
These are the broad steps to be followed. If you have doubts while filling the form you may post your question here to get further help.

All the best.

Reactions: funmohan

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
You have to first fill up the form online and register for OCI. This step when completed successfully will basically give you an OCI application form filled with your information with a QR code and application number. Along with this filled up form you can then submit the required documents to BLS.

Due to covid the situation may change, as I did not require an appointment when I submitted but people after that have reported about requiring an appointment even for a walk-in. So please check if you require an appointment with BLS before doing a walk-in .

Use the below link to fill in the OCI application online.
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome
  1. First you will have to fill in the OCI registration form(Part A) using the New OCI registration option. The registration form (2 pages) will need your personal details, passport details, parents details and occupational details. At this stage you will get a temporary reference number that can be used to retrive the form and fill it later from this stage onwards.
  2. Then you will be required to upload your photograph and signature to proceed to Part B of the form.
  3. Then upload the supporting documents like passports (indian and canadian), citizenship certificate
  4. Download the OCI application form. This form will have your photograph that was uploaded in the previous step, QR Code and File reference number. Sign it and along with the required documents and fees apply at BLS.
These are the broad steps to be followed. If you have doubts while filling the form you may post your question here to get further help.

All the best.
@s23srinivas thank you for the super helpful answer! I'm shadowing your progress and expecting my citizenship certificate in a few days. Will have to apply for passport and follow your instructions next.

Btw, are your from AP/Telangana?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
@s23srinivas thank you for the super helpful answer! I'm shadowing your progress and expecting my citizenship certificate in a few days. Will have to apply for passport and follow your instructions next.

Btw, are your from AP/Telangana?
All the best!
From Maharashtra. Had lived in Hyderabad for about 5 years.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hello there, can anyone please advise me on the below situation

Father, mother - Canadian citizens since last year. haven't applied for OCI and surrendered the Indian passports due to this pandemic.
little one arrived in May and looking to apply for OCI.

1. while filling the OCI application for the little one, under Applicants family details which option should we select for Relation with the Root Indian?
2. father and mother also applying for OCI and passport surrender at the same time. will there be any issue ?

TIA

hemantanna555

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Please can someone help me about what original documents I need to send with my OCI and Surrender application. I called BLS but the agent was not even sure. She said no originals are needed. All copies. The only original needed is your Indian passport that will be cancelled. Can someone please confirm so I avoid the headache. There is contrasting information on their website too.

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
Below are the details:

I applied in BLS, Toronto on 28th Sept with appointment. I got the cancelled PP on 24th OCT. But have not received OCI yet. Eagerly waiting for it as I am planning to go to India.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Please can someone help me about what original documents I need to send with my OCI and Surrender application. I called BLS but the agent was not even sure. She said no originals are needed. All copies. The only original needed is your Indian passport that will be cancelled. Can someone please confirm so I avoid the headache. There is contrasting information on their website too.
No originals needed except the Indian Passport. Good luck!

hemantanna555

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Also I am struggling to find the exact cost for this:

Enclose a separate Demand Draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include: BLS Processing Fee. Add: Return Courier charges

Why is this process so complicated

Nov 2, 2020
I called the BLS to ask for the original required for OCI for myself, wife and son. The initial and very confident reply from the BLS customer care representative was that NO original is required for the OCI in my case as i have already surrendered the Indian Passport.

Thereafter i asked him about my minor son. Then he asked to send the original Indian Passport. :)

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I applied in BLS, Toronto on 28th Sept with appointment. I got the cancelled PP on 24th OCT. But have not received OCI yet. Eagerly waiting for it as I am planning to go to India.
I got the OCI first on 23rd Oct then on 27th got the cancelled passport.
You will get the OCI soon. What is the status on ociservices website?

puj

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
Hi, if someone can please answer-
Do we have to submit the original documents - Copr, Canadian passport and citizenship certificate?
indian passport we need too. But how about Canadian documents?
I am planning to go the bls office to do it. Not going to mail them.