+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Thanks. Just one question about the fees. I have a $ 425 draft for OCI. Can I pay the rest in Cash ?
How much cash will it be if I submit in person and opt for 2 courier deliveries?
If you pay cash the only fees saved will be the Debit card fee of $0.7 (70 cents) per application assuming you would want the documents delivered to your place after processing. You will still be charged for BLS service and courier + HST on the sum.

Otherwise you can ask BLS to retain the documents after processing and you can go and pickup which means you will save another $7 per application approx. Courier service is not mandatory.

Different surrender fees has been reported by forum members as per their situation (mail-in, walk-in and BLS Brampton/Toronto). So better to confirm with BLS you plan to apply at directly or carry an additional $10-20 as you never know what unexpected expense(copying/printing of document) can come up based on the situation.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
BLS told me that the CoPR will come in about 4 weeks from date of application. Cancelled Indian PP is also around that time. OCI is 6 weeks. I have applied in Sep 28. I only see that PP as processing at CGI when i try the tracking no. I dont see any update for the OCI yet(record not found).
Hi justrajdeep. Since you have personally submitted your OCI application on 28th Sep 2020 in BLS Toronto, can you share the date of application being shown in status tracking of BLS website. In my case my application was picked up by Purolator on 25th Sep 2020 but in the BLS tracking system date of application is showing as 1.10.2020 and Status showing as Processing at CGI Toronto but on CGI website it is saying no such record found. Regards

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
Hi justrajdeep. Since you have personally submitted your OCI application on 28th Sep 2020 in BLS Toronto, can you share the date of application being shown in status tracking of BLS website. In my case my application was picked up by Purolator on 25th Sep 2020 but in the BLS tracking system date of application is showing as 1.10.2020 and Status showing as Processing at CGI Toronto but on CGI website it is saying no such record found. Regards
In BLS website for me it shows 28th Oct. I can track only the PP cancellation application. The OCI tracking shows record not found.

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hi - I surrendered my passport on Sep 28 and applied for OCI on Oct 13. On the BLS website, the status for both shows 'Processing at Consulate' - does this statement ever change? I am more concerned about the OCI - have heard it can take anywhere between 40-60 days.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
1. Yes, Original
2. No. Copy
3. Yes.
I called BLS again and both the agents confirmed just the photocopy of CoPR is required. Not the original.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
In BLS website for me it shows 28th Oct. I can track only the PP cancellation application. The OCI tracking shows record not found.
Hi justrajdeep Today on checking CGI website I found that my OCI application which was picked up by Purolator on 25th Sep 2020 and BLS website was showing date of application as 1.10.2020. CGI Toronto status information is showing (1) Date of Acknowledgment= 19th October 2020 (2) Registration Status at Mission Toronto OCI Application status= Under Process.
In such way date of picking up application or date of application shown by BLS is irrelevant and when CGI is showing date of acknowledgement seems to be like AOR or Citizenship application or Passport application/ In my case my OCI application has taken 24 calendar days i.e from 25.09.2020 to 19.10.2020.
But status of passport surrender is showing as "Processing at CGI Toronto. Thanks to all forum members for extending cooperation and advise from time to time and right from PR application to OCI stage and hats off for CANADA VISA providing such a helpful, guiding platform for we all novice.

Reactions: justrajdeep

kiranus3571

Mar 3, 2019
Guys This question is for people who have already submitted their online application for OCI

I am filling in the online application as per BLS site
  1. Online Registration (Using Microsoft Internet Explorer only): The OCI Application is in two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A MUST be submitted on-line by visiting the link - Click here.
Here i have completed Part A and Part B however my question is on uploading documents iam confused here because it no where says in BLS Check list(click the Link below look at the last page page 7 )
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto-oci-checklist.pdf

it doesn't say anything that we need to self attest the scanned documents and then upload the documents .

how ever CGI web site says
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

Documents uploading instructions:

Document-upload section of online registration has 4 categories. Scanned copy of self-attested documents relevant to your application has to be uploaded under relevant heading in pdf file with maximum size of 500 KB.

So people who have submitted the OCI application can you guys please shed some light on what needs to be uploaded ( i mean The attested documents or just the scanned documents).

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Today I have received back my original Citizenship Certificate and original Landing paper. My OCI and surrender of Indian passport applications were picked up Purolator on 25 Sep2020 and today i.e 21.10.2020 Purolator delivered above documents. OCI tracking system is showing date of acknowledgement as on 19thOctober 2020 indicating UNDER PROCESS on the other hand BLS status tracking website is showing OCI application date as 1.10.2020. and indicating under process at CGI Toronto.

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
Today I have received back my original Citizenship Certificate and original Landing paper. My OCI and surrender of Indian passport applications were picked up Purolator on 25 Sep2020 and today i.e 21.10.2020 Purolator delivered above documents. OCI tracking system is showing date of acknowledgement as on 19thOctober 2020 indicating UNDER PROCESS on the other hand BLS status tracking website is showing OCI application date as 1.10.2020. and indicating under process at CGI Toronto.
How do you track OCI? Do you use https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury? what is File Reference No?

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
I received my original CoPR copy through Purolator. walk-in application date 28th Sep.
The Passport cancellation request shows as processing at CGI. OCI application shows no record found.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
How do you track OCI? Do you use https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury? what is File Reference No?
Yes same link. Your file reference number is same as on online OCI application printed starting CANT total 12 (word and digits) your case similar of mine as I have also received my original Citizenship certificate and Landing paper on 20th October. It is very interesting that BLS OCI status tracking is showing about return of original certificate through Purolator, whereas CGI website as per your above link OCI status is showing date of acknowledgement
and showing under processing. I recommend instead of consulting BLS status you opt only above link. ASs per previous cases of our forum members all have received OCI and Surrender passport after 20 days from the date of acknowledge being shown in above link of CGI.

Reactions: justrajdeep

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
Yes same link. Your file reference number is same as on online OCI application printed starting CANT total 12 (word and digits) your case similar of mine as I have also received my original Citizenship certificate and Landing paper on 20th October. It is very interesting that BLS OCI status tracking is showing about return of original certificate through Purolator, whereas CGI website as per your above link OCI status is showing date of acknowledgement
and showing under processing. I recommend instead of consulting BLS status you opt only above link. ASs per previous cases of our forum members all have received OCI and Surrender passport after 20 days from the date of acknowledge being shown in above link of CGI.
I got my cancelled PP today. You are right the BLS tracking shows OCI as dispatch of original certificate, but CGI website shows under processing.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
I did a walk-in application at BLS Brampton. The BLS personnel checked and returned my COPR.
The only original they retained with the application was my Indian passport. Rest all documents were self attested photocopy.
Can you please post your timeline starting walk-in at brampton?
I am also planning for a walk- in at brampton.
Just want to see how much time it takes in total.
thanks

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I got my cancelled PP today. You are right the BLS tracking shows OCI as dispatch of original certificate, but CGI website shows under processing.
Congratulations for receiving Surrendered passport. Can you share as to whether BLS or CGI has snet you back your surrendered passport.