New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Hi Guys,
Can we apply OCI from India, after I get the Canadian Nationality, i will not be able to wait for 3-4 months for OCI processing via BLS, I'm thinking to apply from India, is this feasible
Post your valuable comments.
OCI can be done in India but it is a lengthier process there, for 1) not many people do it in India 2) Indian process involves verification of application from Canada sources 3) it also involves actual police verification at your residence in India.

If you do it from Canada BLS, it is a routine process , I just called BLS a few days ago they are taking 5-6 weeks for OCI even in the current scenario.

Last edited:

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Thanks, Can you please elaborate on the point-2.
Don't know the specifics but I read on a govt website ( can't recall where) that they have a verification process with
the respective country of the passport holder.

Reactions: satya10

harjsaini

Aug 7, 2020
hello everyone
I applied my OCI on 30 july 2020 by post to bls surrey

I don't know how it works and how long it will take the booklet to arrive as it only shows "no Record Found" on website
can anyone help ??

PeaceAndLoveAlways

Oct 23, 2019
It has been more than 3 weeks. I haven't received my OCI, surrender certificate & cancelled Indian passport yet. Anyone received your documents during this pandemic?

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Acknowledgement was on 20th July. They sent my original citizenship certificate on 22nd July.
Hi
Will you please guide as to whether I have to attach photocopies of all pages of the Passport or only biological pages. Further What other documents are required to be attached with the Indian Passport surrender application. Kindly advise asap/ Thanking you

PeaceAndLoveAlways

Oct 23, 2019
Hi
Will you please guide as to whether I have to attach photocopies of all pages of the Passport or only biological pages. Further What other documents are required to be attached with the Indian Passport surrender application. Kindly advise asap/ Thanking you
1. Passport surrender certificate form
2. India passport - Biographical page
3. Canada passport - Biographical page
4. Citizenship certificate - Original & Photocopy
5. Driving License - For identification - Original & Photocopy
6. COPR - Original & Photocopy

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
1. Passport surrender certificate form
2. India passport - Biographical page
3. Canada passport - Biographical page
4. Citizenship certificate - Original & Photocopy
5. Driving License - For identification - Original & Photocopy
6. COPR - Original & Photocopy
Thank you very much for sharing the valuable checklist of documents for surrender of Indian passport.
Further have you any other member of the forum has any latest information commencement for new Canadian passport as a routine process
Regards

PeaceAndLoveAlways

Oct 23, 2019

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Forum Members
I have been told by my friend that Passport services have been resumed. If passport is required after 30 days then passport application can be mailed as only urgent cases for passport are accepted in person after appointment. Will any member share about above truthiness or any another development for new Canadian passport. Regarads