+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello all, i did apply OCI for me, my wife and my daughter on 14 Mar 2020 at BLS Brampton (walk in) and no response then after, no acknowledgement or anything,application status shows proceesing at consulate general... what am I expecting after application routinely?
Thanks in advance!
Kahan jaana hai OCI lekhar. Sabar karo . Everything is closed. OCI milega . Be Patient and stay safe.

chiragpatel_67

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2016(RPRF),12-01-16(Sch A and RCMP)
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016 (appeared in ECAS as received on 24-02-2016)
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-16 (PP returned on 06-04-16)
Kahan jaana hai OCI lekhar. Sabar karo . Everything is closed. OCI milega . Be Patient and stay safe.
Lol.....sahi hai bhai, kahan jaana ... but i was just wondering as i got passport surrender certificates but not OCIs....

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, I am near by Toronto, Canada. I am applying fresh OCI via postal for my kid, who born in USA. Regarding courier fee, how many return couriers should I pay for?

My guess is 2 because of below. is this correct.
1. to return parent original passport after BLS verification.
2. to return OCI card of my kid.

OCIFeb20

Mar 26, 2020
BLS is neither answering any phone calls nor replying to emails nowadays. I don't recommend sending any application to them until they return to normal operations.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have been going through the website on how to apply for OCI and surrender the passport.
I have filled up the passport surrender form and with a copy of Indian current and previous passport, Canadian passport, citizenship cert copy and printed a copy.

At the same time filled the OCI application I only uploaded a copy of my passport. one pic

The BLS is closed and no walk in.

I'm a bit confused about sending applications via mail. I heard we can submit both applications at the same time, is that true?
Secondly, am I getting a one bank draft for OCI and passport surrender?
IS it on the name of BLS

Can someone please explain the postal and bank draft process?

Do i need two Bank drafts one for the OCI

The Consulate General of India - Toronto
$425

BLS International Services Canada Inc how much ???

Last edited:

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, I applied OCI in CGI Toronto for my USA born kid. They commented for additional information as follow. "Require Birth certificate to be attested by Ministry of Ontario and then CGI toronto "

My question is,
1. does Ministry of Ontario attest birth certificate issued by Illinois, USA.
2. What is the process of getting attestation from CGI Toronto.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I applied OCI in CGI Toronto for my USA born kid. They commented for additional information as follow. "Require Birth certificate to be attested by Ministry of Ontario and then CGI toronto "

My question is,
1. does Ministry of Ontario attest birth certificate issued by Illinois, USA.
2. What is the process of getting attestation from CGI Toronto.
Hello there,

Can I ask you a quick question regarding the application?

Did you send it via mail? if you did, did you also added the money to your bank draft for the return courier?

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hello there,

Can I ask you a quick question regarding the application?

Did you send it via mail? if you did, did you also added the money to your bank draft for the return courier?
I did via mail. I sent 4 items.

1. Application with all relevant documents
2. Draft for CGI $425
3. Draft for BLS $7.40
4. 2 prepaid return envelops from Canada Post. I wasn't sure how many should I send. So safer side, I included 2 return envelops.

Now I am stuck with below ask from CGI.
"Require Birth certificate to be attested by Ministry of Ontario and then CGI toronto "

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did via mail. I sent 4 items.

1. Application with all relevant documents
2. Draft for CGI $425
3. Draft for BLS $7.40
4. 2 prepaid return envelops from Canada Post. I wasn't sure how many should I send. So safer side, I included 2 return envelops.

Now I am stuck with below ask from CGI.
"Require Birth certificate to be attested by Ministry of Ontario and then CGI toronto "
Thanks for the reply.

Their service is really bad, guys in the call center won't answer your question and every time I tried to call them there is so much background noise and can hardly understand what they saying. First time I called them about postal inquiry guy was trying to sell me courier service won't answer my question if I can send it via Purolator
I'm still not sure if I should send my application to Brampton BLS or CGI Toronto. Shitty services

PeaceAndLoveAlways

Oct 23, 2019
Anyone applied for Surrender Certificate & OCI together by walk-in? I had applied on 15-July-2020. I haven't received my cancelled Indian passport & surrender certificate so far. Anyone is in the same boat?

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
Can we apply OCI from India, after I get the Canadian Nationality, i will not be able to wait for 3-4 months for OCI processing via BLS, I'm thinking to apply from India, is this feasible
Post your valuable comments.