+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

intstudent

Sep 28, 2015
If your ultimate goal is OCI, Go for option 1. If you start now, you will get your OCI well in time, in Feb. ( 6 weeks). Going for E visa/ tourist you will be wasting
money and time( evisa/tourist visa fees + BLS fees + courier fees) and then OCI fees after you return.
Has anyone simultaneously applied for surrender and OCI in 2020 ?
Hope there is no recent change in this process.

should we book appointment for BLS Brampton location?

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011

I don't think there should be a change in the process. You can check on BLS website or call them to make sure.
Some BLS locations like brampton they have walk in without appointment , some they need appointment. Again
check on their website.

martiansam

Jul 10, 2014

I applied for surrender certificate and OCI at the same time in Feb 2020. Just take 2 different sets of copies for every document asked for. One for surrender certificate and another one for the OCI.

Also, make sure the name (given name(s) and last name) on your respective forms is exactly like it is on your passports. Given name and last name on you surrender certificate application form should be exactly like it is on your Indian passport and given name and last name on your OCI application should be exactly like it is on you Canadian passport.

Don't quote me on this, but I was asked to do so for my applications.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for surrender certificate and OCI at the same time in Feb 2020. Just take 2 different sets of copies for every document asked for. One for surrender certificate and another one for the OCI.

Also, make sure the name (given name(s) and last name) on your respective forms is exactly like it is on your passports. Given name and last name on you surrender certificate application form should be exactly like it is on your Indian passport and given name and last name on your OCI application should be exactly like it is on you Canadian passport.

Don't quote me on this, but I was asked to do so for my applications.
Hi, @martiansam, did you book an appointment before going to bls? Thank you.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it was a walk-in at Scarborough. It is always first come first. As far as I know, they do not give appointments for submission.
Thank you @martiansam . Is there a BLS center in Scarborough too? What's the address? I knew of only 2, one in Toronto and one in Brampton.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hello All ,
I am in the process of applying OCI and have couple of below questions , if anyone can chime in
1. Marriage Registration Date - Is this the date of marriage or the date the marriage is registered
2. OCI application Part B - one of the question asks if any of the family member has OCI . In my situation yes my kid and spouse has the OCI
when i clicked Yes , its asking the Reference # , Date applied , Place Applied .
For the Reference # - what is this number , the OCI # or the application reference #
Date applied - is it the date the OCI is applied ? or OCI issued
Place applied - should we mention the BLS office place or the mission(Toronto)

Thanks for looking into this and appreciate your assistance

mip007

Sep 26, 2014
Is BLS Toronto accepting the new OCI app now? As they have stopped accepting Visa applications due to virus outbreak

TheMapleLeaf

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
11-May-2015 (Information Chart & PCC's)
File Transfer...
01-Dec-2014
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
12-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
05-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015
Is BLS Toronto accepting the new OCI app now? As they have stopped accepting Visa applications due to virus outbreak
YES, they are still accepting applications for PCC, OCI, and Passports.

mip007

Sep 26, 2014
Ok...I had submitted application on 24 feb...got acknowledgement on 27 feb....waiting for oci...

Anyone with same timelines..?

chiragpatel_67

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2016(RPRF),12-01-16(Sch A and RCMP)
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016 (appeared in ECAS as received on 24-02-2016)
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-16 (PP returned on 06-04-16)
Hello all, i did apply OCI for me, my wife and my daughter on 14 Mar 2020 at BLS Brampton (walk in) and no response then after, no acknowledgement or anything,application status shows proceesing at consulate general... what am I expecting after application routinely?
Thanks in advance!