+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Nisha91

Jul 4, 2017
Toronto
I applied for OCI on 28th December and Got acknowledgment on 10th January. Can anybody who recently got their OCI share their timeline?
I am planning to go to India in March. Should I go ahead and buy a ticket for 11th March or 28th March? Or should I wait until I actually get OCI booklet in my hands?

I am asking because buying tickets is cheaper 2-3 months before. Anybody who bought a ticket just before traveling? How much did you have to pay?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Update 2: Submitted our Passport Surrender/ OCI applications (my wife's and mine) at BLS today. It went well without any hitches. I took an authorization letter from my wife to submit her application on her behalf. And now the wait to get back the originals and the OCI
Hi, I would be highly obliged if you could tell me what all docs need to be uploaded. Next did you scan and upload self attested copies. Lastly best way to get the photo & signature part uploaded within their specifications.

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
I applied for OCI on 28th December and Got acknowledgment on 10th January. Can anybody who recently got their OCI share their timeline?
I am planning to go to India in March. Should I go ahead and buy a ticket for 11th March or 28th March? Or should I wait until I actually get OCI booklet in my hands?

I am asking because buying tickets is cheaper 2-3 months before. Anybody who bought a ticket just before traveling? How much did you have to pay?
You should be okay. I applied for OCI on 5-Dec. Received my acknowledgement on 14-Dec. And my OCI status changed to Processed on 10-Jan. I haven't received my documents yet, but should be receiving them soon. I'm travelling to India on 26-Jan. I paid about 1050 CAD for the return ticket through Turkish Airlines.

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
My status shows:
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On18-DEC-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On18-DEC-2018
Document received At TORONTO On18-DEC-2018
It also provides OCI Number. It means, my OCI is approved.
Hopefully, I will get it in a week.
Any update?

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
I submitted at bls on Nov 14
Oci acknowledgement on Nov 27th

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On18-DEC-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On18-DEC-2018
Document received At TORONTO On18-DEC-2018.

Looks like they processed a bunch in one batch. Hopefully should receive it this week. I opted for pickup.
Any update? When did you receive your OCI card?

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
Applied OCI and surrender: 23 Nov
Got surrender nd cancelled passport
on 7th Dec
OCI acknowledgement: 8th Dec
Not processed yet
Waiting :??
Could you please share your timeline until you received the OCI card in mail?
On https://ociservices.gov.in/ my application status is "Received in TORONTO on 10-Jan".
BLS hasn't received my OCI card as of 14-Jan afternoon, or so they claim. My flight to India is on 26-Jan.

Thanks

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
My timeline-
Applied 12th Nov both surrender and OCI together.
Got the original documents back - 19th nov.
Acknowledgement for OCI - 27th Nov
Processed - 17th Dec
Dispatched from Delhi - 17th Dec
Received in Toronto - 17th Dec
When did you receive the OCI card in mail?

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I would be highly obliged if you could tell me what all docs need to be uploaded. Next did you scan and upload self attested copies. Lastly best way to get the photo & signature part uploaded within their specifications.
If i remember correctly- 1. I uploaded my Canadian passport photocopy 2. Indian passport photocopy 3. COPR and 4. Marriage certificate (You basically pick these options from the drop down menu and upload the respective pdf docs.

Tip: All the docs I had uploaded were self attested photocopies. Try and merge individual categories into a single pdf (for instance the different pages of Indian passport into a single file). Use a free software like pdfexpert to compress the file size to less than 1 MB which is the maximum allowable upload size per file.

The way i got the photo/signature part done. I used an app called photoscan (by google) on my iphone to take a picture of my OCI photograph, as well as my signature. I emailed them to myself, and using MS paint in a windows laptop-
1. I resized the photograph to 360 by 360 pixels and saved as jpeg (the size came to about 40 kb) and
2. i resized the signature to 120 (height) by 360 (width) pixels and saved as jpeg (size came to about 10 kb).

I had no issues uploading the above. I am sure there are probably other easier methods, but this is what I did, and worked for me.

Good luck!

Reactions: venugopalt

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
If i remember correctly- 1. I uploaded my Canadian passport photocopy 2. Indian passport photocopy 3. COPR and 4. Marriage certificate (You basically pick these options from the drop down menu and upload the respective pdf docs.

Tip: All the docs I had uploaded were self attested photocopies. Try and merge individual categories into a single pdf (for instance the different pages of Indian passport into a single file). Use a free software like pdfexpert to compress the file size to less than 1 MB which is the maximum allowable upload size per file.

The way i got the photo/signature part done. I used an app called photoscan (by google) on my iphone to take a picture of my OCI photograph, as well as my signature. I emailed them to myself, and using MS paint in a windows laptop-
1. I resized the photograph to 360 by 360 pixels and saved as jpeg (the size came to about 40 kb) and
2. i resized the signature to 120 (height) by 360 (width) pixels and saved as jpeg (size came to about 10 kb).

I had no issues uploading the above. I am sure there are probably other easier methods, but this is what I did, and worked for me.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot Bro. GOD Bless

Reactions: wolfpack27616

HelloandHi

Jan 15, 2019
Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to Get OCI from New Delhi to Vancouver. My Status shows as dispatched on 9th Jan but haven't received it yet in Vancouver ?????I thought if they dispatched it , it will be the next day LOL....Please let me know

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Same for me.Dispatched from Delhi on 7th nd no news yet.I think OCI is shipped thru ground

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
I was joking.It should be by air may be they haven't updated website or they send bunch of oci together

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
What a procedure?
  • For an applicant who is 20 years of age or younger, OCI documents must be re-issued each time a new passport is issued.
  • For an applicant who is 50 years of age or older, OCI documents must be re-issued once after the issuance of a new passport. (If the OCI card is issued for the first time after the age of 50 years, then there is no need for re-issuance of OCI.)
  • For an applicant who is 21 to 49 years of age, there is no need to re-issue OCI documents each time a new passport is issued. However, if the applicant desires, he/she can request that the OCI documents be re-issued so that the OCI documents reflect the correct passport number.
  • In case there is a change in personal particulars
  • In case of loss/damage of passport and/or OCI booklet
  • For correcting personal particulars entered wrongly while submitting online applications e.g. name, father’s name, date of birth, etc.
  • In case of change of address/occupation
This is not true as per ground reality. Once OCI issued, you can use it even if you change passports irrespective of your age.

The official pages say differently. But I have first-hand experience where I have taken my son with new passport and OCI which was issued on old passport. Also, you can see many users claiming this with different airports in India on immi help forum.

OCI is a lifetime visa. The online information on websites is false and just there to extract $$$ and give us headaches.

polavarapu12

Jan 15, 2019

How did u receive acknowledgment is it through email or letter. i applied my kids OCI on 4th january waiting for it. BLS website says "
Processing at Consulate General".