+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nani rocker

Sep 19, 2014
I applied for oci for my child on september 6th 2018. When i track my application it says "processing at consulate general."
How long does it to take to get the oci?..
Like as u found out, is there another way to know the status?

Hi

You can check the status in consulate using the link below

https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome

Go to Status Enquiry Tab.

Enter Passport Number : ----------------------- (Canadian Passport number)

Online Registration number :------------------- (This is the number which you will getting to your e-mail address when you fill online application check your mail for it)

You will be getting status in consulate what happened to your application.

Once status has completed in consulate it will be usually taking 1 -2 week to get the OCI.

Reactions: qorax

sp1827

Mar 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just checked my OCI status and got the following update:

Date of Acknowledgement: 10 Sept. 2018
Registration Status at Mission: Toronto
Document Printing Status: Processed on Oct 15 2018
Dispatched from MEA (OCI): New Delhi on Oct 16 2018
Document Received at: Toronto on _________

So OCI is processed and dispatched from New Delhi. May be will hear some news from BLS very soon. :)

B2Bebs

Oct 10, 2018
The OCI status says " recieved processed OCI at vancouver".. I applied in Calgary. How long does it take to get it in Calgary. Do I have to go and collect it from the BLS centre here. Will they inform you , or you just have to drop in and check if ita arrived.

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Hi everyone,

Just checked my OCI status and got the following update:

Date of Acknowledgement: 10 Sept. 2018
Registration Status at Mission: Toronto
Document Printing Status: Processed on Oct 15 2018
Dispatched from MEA (OCI): New Delhi on Oct 16 2018
Document Received at: Toronto on _________

So OCI is processed and dispatched from New Delhi. May be will hear some news from BLS very soon. :)

When did you submitted your application to the BLS canada? And after how many days you got your original documents back?

I have submitted my application to BLS on 2nd Oct, 2018 but still I am seeing "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS site. I have not received AOR yet.

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
When did you submitted your application to the BLS canada? And after how many days you got your original documents back?

I have submitted my application to BLS on 2nd Oct, 2018 but still I am seeing "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS site. I have not received AOR yet.
If you applied in Vancouver (or in a city that processes through BLS vancouver), status won't change until processing is complete on the India side.

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
The OCI status says " recieved processed OCI at vancouver".. I applied in Calgary. How long does it take to get it in Calgary. Do I have to go and collect it from the BLS centre here. Will they inform you , or you just have to drop in and check if ita arrived.
Do you remember if you paid for courier? If you did they'll mail it home, otherwise pickup at BLS.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
After filling Part A and Part B Online , do we need to print the two forms physically ?
Do we need to stick the photos on the printout OR the counter person will stick ?

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
If you applied in Vancouver (or in a city that processes through BLS vancouver), status won't change until processing is complete on the India side.
I have applied from Toronto so it will change before it is being process which is unlike Vancouver.

I think Toronto Mission changes the status before hand as well.

Does BLS changes their status once they send documents back to you? Is there any way to track status on Indian passport site without AOR?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I have applied from Toronto so it will change before it is being process which is unlike Vancouver.

I think Toronto Mission changes the status before hand as well.

Does BLS changes their status once they send documents back to you? Is there any way to track status on Indian passport site without AOR?
Yes they will update it with tracking # from Purolator.

You can try to track the status using the tracking# you got from BLS and your Canadian #. But I highly doubt it that it will go through if you have not been issued AOR.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
After filling Part A and Part B Online , do we need to print the two forms physically ?
Do we need to stick the photos on the printout OR the counter person will stick ?

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Yes they will update it with tracking # from Purolator.

You can try to track the status using the tracking# you got from BLS and your Canadian #. But I highly doubt it that it will go through if you have not been issued AOR.

Thanks Goku. I have tried using application reference number which start with CANTXXXXXX (we get it when we submit the application i guess part B) but that say NO record found.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Thanks Goku. I have tried using application reference number which start with CANTXXXXXX (we get it when we submit the application i guess part B) but that say NO record found.
Yeah. If you haven't been issued AOR then you wont be able to track it. It usually takes a week for them issue you AOR.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I can not access links provided in BLS website for online form A and form B. Both of links not working. I tried on multiple computer and browser. Anyone else had same issue, if yes please suggest workaround.