+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm looking for an affidavit to be notarized for OCI as I have one of my last name dropped during citizenship. A few queries:
1. Can I type and print myself the affidavit to a notary public to get it notarized; or is it all done by the notary itself?
2. The approx. rates of notarizing the affidavit?

I'm in Surrey BC and have not explored so far. Thanks in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ajithpl said:
I'm looking for an affidavit to be notarized for OCI as I have one of my last name dropped during citizenship. A few queries:
1. Can I type and print myself the affidavit to a notary public to get it notarized; or is it all done by the notary itself?
2. The approx. rates of notarizing the affidavit?

I'm in Surrey BC and have not explored so far. Thanks in advance.
Its usually 30-45$ including typing and printing.

I got an affidavit from the following person regarding something:

http://www.notaries.bc.ca/contactUs/contactDetails.rails?contactId=244

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
My OCI documents have been received in Toronto on Nov 1.

Now, on the BLS site the status is as follows as of Nov 1:

"Original documents Delivered by Hand
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"

What exactly does the status in bold/brackets mean? I have not picked up my OCI yet and I'm not sure if this means it's ready for pickup?

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied OCI for my daughter to BLS Toronto on Sep 28th, 2016 and I received the original documents back on OCt 17th, 2016 and now in the website it "Under Process" for more than 15 days now without any status. May I know how long it generally takes to get OCI from the time I received the original documents? Also, May I know what is the current processing time trend? Your reply will help since we are planning to go to India by the end of Novemeber.

Thanks...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
natrajs35 said:
Hi Guys,

I applied OCI for my daughter to BLS Toronto on Sep 28th, 2016 and I received the original documents back on OCt 17th, 2016 and now in the website it "Under Process" for more than 15 days now without any status. May I know how long it generally takes to get OCI from the time I received the original documents? Also, May I know what is the current processing time trend? Your reply will help since we are planning to go to India by the end of Novemeber.

Thanks...
OCI process usually take 2-3 months.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natrajs35 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks...
If you dont receive the OCI one week before your travel; you can apply for eVisa for $60.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
natrajs35 said:
Evisa is like On-Arrival Visa? How to apply for that?
Here is the link:
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

I think you can stay in India for maximum for 30 days on this visa as per the following link:
http://www.blsindia-canada.com/touristvisa.php

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natrajs35 said:
Evisa is like On-Arrival Visa? How to apply for that?
just upload your photo, passport details and complete the application online and make the payment. In 3-4 days, you will get the visa on email which you can print and travel. For less frequent travelers, this is a very good alternative than OCI. Only constraint is, it is valid only for 30 days and is not extendable.

DVM

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am going to apply for OCI for me and my family together (2 adults + 2 minors).
Do both the adults need to go to BLS office in person or just the main applicant can submit the application?

Thanks,
DVM

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DVM said:
Hi All,

I am going to apply for OCI for me and my family together (2 adults + 2 minors).
Do both the adults need to go to BLS office in person or just the main applicant can submit the application?

Thanks,
DVM
I submitted for me, my wife and my daughter this week and just carried an authorization letter and was fine. you need to carry all the original docs of all of you - landing paper, cit cert, passports, marriage cert, birth certificate, id proofs etc. so that you dont have to go back n' forth. The COPR original they will take and will get it along with OCI.

DVM

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
I submitted for me, my wife and my daughter this week and just carried an authorization letter and was fine. you need to carry all the original docs of all of you - landing paper, cit cert, passports, marriage cert, birth certificate, id proofs etc. so that you dont have to go back n' forth. The COPR original they will take and will get it along with OCI.
Thanks a Lot for the reply. I will be going to BLS Brampton office soon. Lets see if they accept the authorization letter. :)

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hey guys,

i got my OCI booklet and the whole process was fairly simple and straight forward. Has anyone travelled with the OCI for the first time? I Am travelling next end of this month, all I need is my OCI, my Canadian passport right? No need for invitation letter or apply for visa online etc right?