Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I still need to surrender my Indian Citizenship. So i think all of this can be done in one go.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
I still need to surrender my Indian Citizenship. So i think all of this can be done in one go.
Yes passport surrender and OCI can be done simultaneously. You have to fill out the surrender certificate application and fee. Once you submit that they will give you a receipt and with that receipt you can apply for OCI. Only thing is take all the required supporting documents. Carry your wife's passport (current and expired) mainly they will be looking for the one that has the landing page. Carry all originals so that if you don't have it then you can take a photocopy there. It is expensive but will not take one more visit. You want as less visit as possible to BLS. They suck big time.

Try and be there like before 7.15 AM or 7.30 AM. If you are lucky you will be 5th or 6th in line. It will take you atleast 2 hours if you are 5th or 6th. Do not attempt Saturdays. They are crazy busy. If that is the only option you might as well go there at 6.30 or before 7 AM. Still have a heavy breakfast as that may be your lunch as well.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
hi All,

Recently we applied for Surrender Certificate and OCI via Fedex.

I called BLS service center and they mentioned that if we mail the application, we can do surrender certificate and OCI applications together at one shot. They gave discount for Fedex fee since we are two applicants.

One more thing: Along with all the documents in check list, you need to take print out of screenshot of the documents you uploaded online. BLS does not access the online version it seems. Only Indian consulate can access it.. So BLS need a proof that you uploaded the documents into the system. Also they asked us for below document "AN UNDERTAKING ON A BLANK PAPER REQUIRED. ON A BLANK PAPER BY THE APPLICANT REGARDING HIS JOB DESIGNATION AND NAME OF THE EMPLOYER."

We need to send these documents to them. I thought this will help others so that they can avoid a trip to BLS service center or mail charges.

We paid 155 CAD for two applications, pickup and return them.. I was wondering how much they charge for postal services when you submit application in person?

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
Hi All,

I found this as a last point in the checklist; I was wondering how to tackle this, why notary on all original documents issued by Canadian authourity (how to do this on a passport for exmaple)

"""BLS will not be accepting original documents for the OCI application in Vancouver, Surrey Calgary & Edmonton; all original documents must be notarized from the notary public."""

Any help, comments would be appreciated

Thank you

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
vividind said:
hi All,

Recently we applied for Surrender Certificate and OCI via Fedex.

I called BLS service center and they mentioned that if we mail the application, we can do surrender certificate and OCI applications together at one shot. They gave discount for Fedex fee since we are two applicants.

One more thing: Along with all the documents in check list, you need to take print out of screenshot of the documents you uploaded online. BLS does not access the online version it seems. Only Indian consulate can access it.. So BLS need a proof that you uploaded the documents into the system. Also they asked us for below document "AN UNDERTAKING ON A BLANK PAPER REQUIRED. ON A BLANK PAPER BY THE APPLICANT REGARDING HIS JOB DESIGNATION AND NAME OF THE EMPLOYER."

We need to send these documents to them. I thought this will help others so that they can avoid a trip to BLS service center or mail charges.

We paid 155 CAD for two applications, pickup and return them.. I was wondering how much they charge for postal services when you submit application in person?
Indians thought its was welcome change, but they fell from frying pan to fire. Now Indians are forced to deal with BLS instead of Indian consulate by paying more for much worst system and service.

The BLS reception clerk does not verify if documents are in order except issuing a token and made applicant wait for 3 - 4 hours. Every BLS representative interpret the same rule differently, check doc's out find 1 fault at a time and ask applicants to come next time.

Next time after same amount of waiting you reach the counter, the other representative interpret the same rule differently.

Unless BLS makes the applicants visit their offices 4 to 5 times, even the most simplest transaction will NOT be completed. I fail to understand, if its deliberate attempt to punish the service seekers or such stupid way of working. Its most disgusting system.

BLS Online systems does not to allow uploading of even half a page and they charges $2 to upload each document for you.

For OCI, they want the original passports, landing certificate of both the parents along with kids's passport, which they told will be returned in 2 weeks and till then everyone in the family is stuck. I found its ridiculous and most illogical system to delays everything.

I found at least applicants for waiting for hours for various service, each one already visited average 4 times and totally disgusted at the level of service. You give them written complaint, they tear it in front of you and give cunning smiles.

Rightly said, you can bring an Indian out of India but cannot take out India out of an Indian.....living example BLS Services.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
If we are interested in visiting India once in several years for a short time, is it really worth going for an OCI right after acquiring Canadian Citizenshio, I wonder? Should we all go for OCI just coz it sounds way better than a visa, but e-TV seems more sensible for now to me.
OCI is probably OK if we decide to reside in India for 6 months straight in a year or travel frequently... any thoughts?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
People have expressed their concerns in regards to BLS ( I saw one video online where a guy was turned away so many times from BLS asking for some paperwork and he was very frustrated) however i never had any bad experience because i always went well prepared (with all documentation) to BLS office and because of all my paperwork was complete, i was never turned away.

I suggest/recommend everyone to check every paperwork multiple times and prepare everything beforehand before visiting BLS centre.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello

BLS Torono
If the OCI Sticker is ready [All Dates updated], is it possible to get the OCI sticker affixed in the Canadian Passport by visiting the BLS Center in person instead of couriering it?
If so, can it be done on the same day?

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
Even if you go in person, they will take your passport and ask you to come after 10 business days.

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
thecoolguysam said:
People have expressed their concerns in regards to BLS ( I saw one video online where a guy was turned away so many times from BLS asking for some paperwork and he was very frustrated) however i never had any bad experience because i always went well prepared (with all documentation) to BLS office and because of all my paperwork was complete, i was never turned away.

I suggest/recommend everyone to check every paperwork multiple times and prepare everything beforehand before visiting BLS centre.
Well said. I would suggest that apart from the documents listed in the check list, take whatever original documents you have so that even if they ask for more documents, you can photocopy them in the BLS centre itself and give it to them. I completed my OCI application in one visit to BLS.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
gjp said:
Well said. I would suggest that apart from the documents listed in the check list, take whatever original documents you have so that even if they ask for more documents, you can photocopy them in the BLS centre itself and give it to them. I completed my OCI application in one visit to BLS.
Well, ya - if I go well prepared - what is well prepared? - if you mean this , yes -- 'take every possible document on earth, plus a few more, just to be sure, plus oh! A couple of more to be doubly sure, and maaayye be 1 or 2 more to be triply sure' - ok, sure why not, quadruply sure consideration as well...

Come on, the checklist by itself is one of the kind horribly written ones - no other country's immigration level checklist can get it more worser than this OCI checklist - that when I read lists every document on earth, and as well open for interpretations... More rules outside of the documented guidelines too...

Ya, if I take my entire family there, and they ask for another signature from the mother, father, may be grand mother, and great grand father - all will be okay.

I provide an online filled application form, with the 'state' field empty - they say it must be filled. I say the online masks this field when I choose the country as USA, they don't take that argument. When I say I can fill it there, they say, no pen please... Horrible guys.

I put in the place of birth as Dallas, Texas - and provide the birth certificate - they don't take it... The PP says, TEXAS - so, "Dallas,Texas" is not valid. Come on, is is a field that says " city of birth".

And, yes, one set of guidelines in bls India, 2nd set in India passport gov website, and why not the third set in the online application filled - not necessarily all will match - but yes, if I can cover all 3. Bases, and may be more bases from checklists of other countries... Yes all will be goog on 1 go.

Oh! Forgot to mention, within the process, it takes 3 mths, and you'll make 4 (fooouuuurrrr) visits - I don't know which other country needs 4 visits for 1 application, kudos there.

Is that it, crap, I keep forgetting the next one each time - you get 1 tracking # for bls, and another for India gov, and they repeatedly swap when one working and other goes to sleep to wake up later again...

Wow, what a life cycle. I need to do a diploma to understand the full life cycle of the process, and then write an exam to pass the diploma - I'll be a champion, and then, ya - I won't miss a thing and all will be good in one go - oh! Sorry, I still can't avoid 4 trips before I get my OCI.

Any way, these are my e periences, and views - doesn't necessarily need to resonate with others. Thx.

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My current status as per https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury site is as follows :

Date Of Acknowledgment 10-OCT-2015
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number xxxxxxxx
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-NOV-2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 24-NOV-2015
Document received At VANCOUVER On 28-NOV-2015

Does this imply that my OCI process is complete. I have opted for a courier service with BLS and have not given my Canadian passport to them. I believe due to a change in policy earlier this year, the OCI sticker is no longer required in the foreign passport (This was confirmed by the BLS person in the Vancouver consulate). Could you please advise by when can I expect the OCI document to reach me and / or if there are any other steps that the India consulate will take before couriering the documents to me. Thanks.

BTW, the BLIS site (http://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php) still shows that the application is "Processing at Consulate General". Thanks.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I had received conflicting information from BLS India where the representative asked me to visit the Surrey office to submit my Canadian passport for verification (Shucks, I was planning to walk-in to the BLS India office in Surrey on Saturday). However, when I checked the BLS site today, it seems that they have couriered the documents through FedEx. I will be receiving it tomorrow and am hoping that this is the OCI document and there is no additional verification needed. I hope to save a trip to the BLS Office on Saturday (Whew! there are better things to do, than to visit the damn BLS India Consulate). I will keep you all posted.

Good Luck to all.

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I received my OCI booklet yesterday. I believe the process is now complete. I called up the BLS India customer care and confirmed that there is no need for a OCI stamp on the foreign passport. Thank-you.

Good Luck to all who have applied for OCI.

Regards,
IN888658S

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am having problems upload signature and picture online as part of filling part A in the OCI application.
Can someone help please.