WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Hi Friends,

Is it possible to apply for an OCI in Canada with an Australian passport ?. I am in Australia and just received my Aus passport and will be moving to Canada in September(first week). The timeline provided here is 8-10 weeks and clearly it clashes with my travel dates.

krrpnr

Dec 11, 2013
bobbyr1975 said:
Hi Krrpnr

Is it possible for you give me a template for the name change affidavit? can you share a copy of yours if you don't mind and is possible?

thanks
Sure...here it is
Notarized Affidavit for Name Correction

My First and Last name in the Indian Passport number #Axxxxxxxxx (Issued at New York, USA on xx/Dec/20xx) is typed incorrectly due to my long last name.
I have updated my First & Last name through Office of Registrar General, Ontario Canada as follows:

Old Name: xyz
New Name: abc

All my documents including Canadian Citizenship Certificate(nnnnnnnnnn) & Canadian Passport (ppppppppppp Issued on dd/mmm/yyyy at Whitby) has been updated to reflect the correct name.

I abc(new name) do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated in this declaration are true and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.

Also attached here with the Name change certificate issued by Office of Registrar General, Ontario Canada along with my OCI Application CANTxxxxxxxxxxx.

Place: Toronto, ON, Canada
Date: June 4, 2015 sign here
ABC (new name)

bobbyr1975

Jun 5, 2015
thank you very much

krrpnr said:
Sure...here it is
Notarized Affidavit for Name Correction

My First and Last name in the Indian Passport number #Axxxxxxxxx (Issued at New York, USA on xx/Dec/20xx) is typed incorrectly due to my long last name.
I have updated my First & Last name through Office of Registrar General, Ontario Canada as follows:

Old Name: xyz
New Name: abc

All my documents including Canadian Citizenship Certificate(nnnnnnnnnn) & Canadian Passport (ppppppppppp Issued on dd/mmm/yyyy at Whitby) has been updated to reflect the correct name.

I abc(new name) do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated in this declaration are true and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.

Also attached here with the Name change certificate issued by Office of Registrar General, Ontario Canada along with my OCI Application CANTxxxxxxxxxxx.

Place: Toronto, ON, Canada
Date: June 4, 2015 sign here
ABC (new name)

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello Seniors
For those who applied for OCI as Family

PART A - Individual for each Applicant
PART B - Is it a combined form [1 form] for all the applicants together? [2 Adult + 2 Children]?
When I choose the PART B option, I get the option for individual Part B [against Part A application ID] and no Family [combined] option
Just checking whether I missed anything obvious ??? :-[

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
So did anyone apply for a surrender certificate without a Canadian passport? (You dont have to have a passport if you are a citizen of canada, the certificate is enough)

On that note - did anyone apply for a tourist visa without a surrender certificate and get approved for it? I know the new 10 year visa requires the certificate but I am interested in the 6 month tourist visa

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Can we apply entry visa from India? If I apply tourist visa and go India and apply for entry visa from there... would that work?

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
sinpguy said:
Can we apply entry visa from India? If I apply tourist visa and go India and apply for entry visa from there... would that work?
No, you cannot. There is no embassy inside India to issue you a visa and you cannot apply for a visa from within a country.

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
Just a request for confirmation on the timeline for OCI process, as I see that it may be from 1-3 months

I may be taking Oath on Oct/Nov2015 period (2adults and 2 Children). How long will it take for me to travel to India with Canadian Passport (For holiday)? The timeline if it is more than a month, then it will severely affect my children's education as I sent them back during this summer. Is there any urgent process?

Your comments is greatly appreciated; thank you

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take for the status to appear on the OCI website after submitting the application at a BLS Centre?

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
SSV70 said:
Just a request for confirmation on the timeline for OCI process, as I see that it may be from 1-3 months

I may be taking Oath on Oct/Nov2015 period (2adults and 2 Children). How long will it take for me to travel to India with Canadian Passport (For holiday)? The timeline if it is more than a month, then it will severely affect my children's education as I sent them back during this summer. Is there any urgent process?

It is going to be too tight. You need to wait for two days before you apply for Canadian passport. Usually you get passport within a week after applying if there are no issues with your application. Then, you can apply for e-Tourist Visa (eTV) to India (I am not sure whether you need surrender certificate before you apply for eTV) which will allow you to stay in India for 30 days (no extensions)
If surrender certificate is required to get eTV, you can get that also within a week after your application is accepted at BLS. You can apply for your surrender certificate even without having a Canadian passport.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSV70 said:

There is no urgent processing for OCI.

For Canadian passport you can even apply on the same day if the emergency is proved. Passport Canada can call CIC and get your details over phone (This can happen only if and only if it is really an emergency situation). IF not you can apply in 48 hrs and there also you can ask for a same day (submit before 8 AM and collect usually 1 to 2 PM) processing ($110 extra). Depending on where you reside if you are closer to BLS (Scarborough or Brampton) you can apply for surrender certificate and OCI same day. Please get a bank draft ($280) for OCI. They do not accept cash or card for it. Take all the documents and copies necessary and then you can have it processed at the earliest. It still takes 40 to 45 days (including OCI stamping and collecting the passport /OCI booklet). I have asked several times in BLS as well as consulate and hit dead end for expedited processing.

For interim travel you can apply for visit visa for 30 days, 6 months or long term depending on your need.

I hope this helps.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
We applied for entry visa for my daughter and consulate called (not BLS) asking for copy of PR card of parents to be send to them.. It wasn't clear where to send BLS or consulate since I didn't pick up phone.. Anybody had similar experience?

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
Thank you GJP and Chikloo for help.

If you apply for OCI, there is a need for applying for surrender certificate separately by paying additional fees . OCI process takes 3-4months

If one needs to visit India soon enough, by applying for entry VISA, one should have surrender certificate (Takes 3-4weeks), otherwise cannot apply.

If one has surrender certificate, then travel to India and apply for OCI process from FRRO office in various cities. The VISA validity shall be three months or more

This is what I have found so far and I live in Calgary and there is a BLS office here. They also accept debit card for all of these services and so no need for a DD.

Thank you for help,

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
This is what I wrote to BLS vancouver as per the Indian Consulate website suggestions, no reply yet

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

I along with my family live here in Calgary, however spouse and kids moved this summer to India for Children’s studies. We may be taking Oath of Canadian Citizenship by the end of Oct2015. In order to return to India quickly without losing school days for Children,
- family plans to travel back to India using Indian passports (using the grace period of three months)
- Then apply for surrender certificate, also for an entry VISA of six months duration while living in India
- and then OCI either while living in India or here at BLS

This way children would not lose their classes and also obtaining leave for a month is becoming difficult as they may be expelled from school forcing us to reapply again.

Would you please suggest whether or not the above can be done while living inside India at the surrender certificate part (OCI – I can apply here through BLS)? Thank you for your help, your comments is very much appreciated. Have you faced any other case like this?

Thank you again

Kind Regards,
---------------------------------------------------------------

ANy comments please let me know

Thank you

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
SSV70,

As far as I know, there is no grace period of three months. If you travel using Indian passport after you become Canadian, there is a penalty ($343) and it will be collected when you apply for your surrender certificate.