+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

smiley79

May 22, 2024
Don't forget your DD. They may ask you to pay $100 for PL if they find a mistake anywhere on your form.
Mentally i have made a note of that. I will be doing the DD today at bank.
Thank you all for this thread it has been of much help in putting this together.
I had tried to apply for OCI back for myself as self but then they wanted the marriage certificate (issued in India) apostilled so i put the matter on the shelf. I have been told this is no longer a requirement hopefully

Jake2406

May 22, 2024
My OCI Status on BLS website changed to ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping, Does anyone know how long it would take for them to provide the tracking number?

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Hi guys I am in the process of applying for OCI and I want to surrender my Indian passport as well, can I do both at the same time or I have to wait for the surrender certificate to arrive first
Anyone experienced that ?

Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hopefully third time filling the form online is a charm.
I have an appointment at BLS mississauga on Saturday morning

I am applying for OCI on self category.
I have uploaded canadian passport.
indian passport with cancelled stamp
spouse passport which is expired (wont be making a new one)
marriage certificate
work letter
photo and signature

copies of all documents have been made (will have wife sign her copies just in case) including address proof

are there any caveats I should know off?
how much extra is expected to make the machine work in general?
You need surrender certificate too

smiley79

May 22, 2024
You need surrender certificate too
I found this on the CGI toronto website:

Q) I acquired Indian Canadian citizenship in 2005 and had submitted Indian passports to Consulate Commission which were stamped cancelled and returned to me. Am I required to get a Surrender Certificate?
A) Indian passports of those acquiring foreign citizenship prior to 31 May 2010 used to be cancelled and no Surrender Certificate was issued. In case they wish to apply for OCI card then they need to show the proof of cancelled passport at the time of submission of OCI application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I found this on the CGI toronto website:

Q) I acquired Indian Canadian citizenship in 2005 and had submitted Indian passports to Consulate Commission which were stamped cancelled and returned to me. Am I required to get a Surrender Certificate?
A) Indian passports of those acquiring foreign citizenship prior to 31 May 2010 used to be cancelled and no Surrender Certificate was issued. In case they wish to apply for OCI card then they need to show the proof of cancelled passport at the time of submission of OCI application.
Oh 2009. All good then :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hopefully third time filling the form online is a charm.
I have an appointment at BLS mississauga on Saturday morning

I am applying for OCI on self category.
I have uploaded canadian passport.
indian passport with cancelled stamp
spouse passport which is expired (wont be making a new one)
marriage certificate
work letter
photo and signature

copies of all documents have been made (will have wife sign her copies just in case) including address proof

are there any caveats I should know off?
how much extra is expected to make the machine work in general?
Did you upload citizenship certificate ?

Last edited:

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
What should I upload for relationship certificate & Indian Origin Proof in OCI adult application ?
Will it be (Indian cancelled passport + surrender certificate) for both fields ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What should I upload for relationship certificate & Indian Origin Proof in OCI adult application ?
Will it be (Indian cancelled passport + surrender certificate) for both fields ?
You don't need to upload doc for all sections.
Cancelled Passport+ Surrender Certificate you should upload in "PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF" section.

Reactions: canpr2020